[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 Genoa (February 14th 2010) (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How wrong you are. Playing Gio - Diego - Camo/Candreva would work a treat. 4-2-3-1 works on so many obvious levels it almost hurts to waste its potential by playing this stupid 3-4-1-2
What he meant was that we don't have enough AM's to play this formation all the time, and he's right.

When you have Gio-Diego-Camo it can work and I'd definitely play it, but the moment Camo gets a serious injury, and it will happen for sure, the 4-2-3-1 is losing one of its main components. Candreva can replace Camo but it won't be as good.
And afterall, is Giovinco-Diego-Candreva worthy of dropping 3 of our strikers to the bench?
But what if we lose one of Diego-Giovinco? For them we don't have a single sub.

In order to play the 4-2-3-1 as your main formation (next season) you need at least 5 AMs. We have only 3 (Candreva isn't our player) and one of them is injured most of the time.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
How wrong you are. Playing Gio - Diego - Camo/Candreva would work a treat. 4-2-3-1 works on so many obvious levels it almost hurts to waste its potential by playing this stupid 3-4-1-2
Acquiring Candreva may improve out ability to play 4-2-3-1 BUT we cannot rely on it. One injury between those 4 you mentioned and boom you are stuck again with a formation we cannot play. I am not a big fan of Zaccharoni but if he is comfortable in teaching the player 3-4-3 system AND the team responds well then I am all for it.

What we did in the last 3 matches we failed to do in the 12 matches before that, we did not loose for 3 matches in a raw. In fact out of possible 9 points we got 5. I know that is pathetic but it is better than out of 36 possible points we got 9.

It will be good for us when we get more players back from injury. Marchisio's effect on the team was immediately noticed.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
What he meant was that we don't have enough AM's to play this formation all the time, and he's right.

When you have Gio-Diego-Camo it can work and I'd definitely play it, but the moment Camo gets a serious injury, and it will happen for sure, the 4-2-3-1 is losing one of its main components. Candreva can replace Camo but it won't be as good.
And afterall, is Giovinco-Diego-Candreva worthy of dropping 3 of our strikers to the bench?
But what if we lose one of Diego-Giovinco? For them we don't have a single sub.

In order to play the 4-2-3-1 as your main formation (next season) you need at least 5 AMs. We have only 3 (Candreva isn't our player) and one of them is injured most of the time.
and that is one of the main reasons we haven't seen it much this season. People continually call for it but it simply cannot be sustained for a long time (fatigue and injuries as you mentioned). So I don't get it when people are mystified when we don't play it so often.

The other thing about the options part, even when gio, camo and diego are fit and we play it. We still don't have any options in the bench to replace them if they misfired or have a bad day. The only options we have are (offensively) are Iaq and Alex. DP doesn't like playing in that position, where is Iaq does well at times there. The rest are simply defensive options. Taking that into considerations and how the formation isolates the forward, it could easily turn into a disaster if the factors are not in our favor.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Acquiring Candreva may improve out ability to play 4-2-3-1 BUT we cannot rely on it. One injury between those 4 you mentioned and boom you are stuck again with a formation we cannot play.
Why one?
Any 3 from 4 Gio-Diego-Camo-Candreva can play trio behind lone striker.
If 2 of them are not available we'll have some problems.
"Some" - because we have A LOT of attacking midfielders in our Primavera and can use one of them in such situation.
So only if 3 of Gio-Diego-Camo-Candreva will be injured we'll have real problems.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Why one?
Any 3 from 4 Gio-Diego-Camo-Candreva can play trio behind lone striker.
If 2 of them are not available we'll have some problems.
"Some" - because we have A LOT of attacking midfielders in our Primavera and can use one of them in such situation.
So only if 3 of Gio-Diego-Camo-Candreva will be injured we'll have real problems.
Yes and no in the same time. I'd take my chances with a formation that has Del Piero in it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)