[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 Genoa (February 14th 2010) (1 Viewer)

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Why shouldn't we try Diego-Ale-Gio? Not like anything else is working great at the moment.

I know we lack the "big striker" but when I think of playing without one, I think Arsenal. They seem to be doing well without one. Arshavin lone striker, Ale lone striker?

Also, we aren't giving any service to Amauri apart from Gigi booting it forward at goal kicks. Maybe we'd be forced into playing the short pass and creating something that way.

Dec 10, 2006
Ama-Alex won't work up front anymore. I'll go with ABA again. Perhaps Paolucci or Immobile are still wet behind the ears,but at least they're motivated. That is what can't be found in Ama...
I'll go with Diego-Gio behind our lone striker, Immobile. if it doesn't work,I'll try DP-Immobile up front, with Diego behind.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Ama-Alex won't work up front anymore. I'll go with ABA again. Perhaps Paolucci or Immobile are still wet behind the ears,but at least they're motivated. That is what can't be found in Ama...
I'll go with Diego-Gio behind our lone striker, Immobile. if it doesn't work,I'll try DP-Immobile up front, with Diego behind.
We definitely must give it a try.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Did we outscore Napoli?
Did we play 4-2-3-1 against Napoli?

We started with 4-2-3-1 and then Camo was injured in the opening half an hour and replaced with Tiago. Later Giovinco was replaced by De Ceglie and Poulsen by Amauri so when Hamsik finished us we played 4-3-1-2.
While playing 4-2-3-1 we didn't concede a single goal on that match against Napoli.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
About the 4-2-3-1, no we didn't outscore Napoli, but that Napoli would score 3 goals against us in any formation. That's just because our defenders are slow and we generally suffer in defense anyway.

Main thing is, like Nick said, we were a much better footballing team and we were scoring goals for fun. Not to mention those games were like the first games we tried the 4-2-3-1 and it kind of worked instantly.

We give all formations time, even the ones who don't give us any results, but just seem to have written off the only formation that gave us some hope.

Anyway.. I love all the talk about formations that would make sense, but we all know we're playing with 5 defenders again. Zac will probably hold on to it, oh the joy. But like a wise man on here once said to me, I'm only sitting behind a monitor and Zac's on the Juve bench, so what he does makes sense, what do I know..

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Did we play 4-2-3-1 against Napoli?

We started with 4-2-3-1 and then Camo was injured in the opening half an hour and replaced with Tiago. Later Giovinco was replaced by De Ceglie and Poulsen by Amauri so when Hamsik finished us we played 4-3-1-2.
While playing 4-2-3-1 we didn't concede a single goal on that match against Napoli.
And that, which I didn't even think of. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But like a wise man on here once said to me, I'm only sitting behind a monitor and Zac's on the Juve bench, so what he does makes sense, what do I know..
Indeed. Even if Zach would drive us to the bottom half of the table, losing matches with his retarded 3-4-1-2, your qualms are unjustified because you're not the manager. :lol:

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Gazzetta is expecting us to play with a three-man-defense with Grygera on the right (because Canna isn't fully fit) and Caceres in midfield again.

nhilun

Dec 23, 2008
Mini-match in traning
------------------Manninger--------------------|------------------Chimenti------------------
--------Grygera--Chiellini--youngster--------|--------Zebina--Legrottaglie--youngster--------
--Salihamidzic--Melo--De Ceglie--Giovinco--|--Caceres--Sissoko--Candreva--Grosso--
--------------Paolucci---Del Piero--------------|--------------Amauri---Diego--------------

5-0 (not sure about the scoreline, but Del Piero score 3 and Giovinco 2)

Bold: last match starter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)