[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (25 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I honestly don't see what is wrong with this formation. We have won 4 out of our last 5 with it, including wins vs. Roma, Udinese and Milan. Just today we had TWENTY NINE attempts on goal.
we drew against siena and parma with this formation. Catania didn't park the buss and we played 4-3-3 for a big part of the second half after the motta red card.
so yes 4-3-3 is the best formation

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Just happy to win, our attitude paid off, partly thanks to the mental deficiencies of Motta.

Pirlo and Quagliarella were particularly good, Pirlo gets my vote.

Who assisted the third goal?
Pirlo of course. :)

Btw let's never start with that lineup again

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Excellent we won, but indeed this formation is ANNOYING. Its great for our 3 man defenders, they are in cruise control mainly, more so then in 4 man defence, but for overall team, 4-3-3 is deffo better. May I remind you 2 goals were set pieces and 1 goal huge gift from Catania goalie. Not exactly most shinning example for our overall open play efficiency, which is why I dont like this formation.
Thank you. :tup:

i don't dislike it, the fact we have a variation is a good thing, makes us less predictable. ironically enough when the 4-3-3 didn't work there were calls to shelve that idea and bring 3-5-2, and in the last week it was the opposite...

:touched:
It's good we have a formation to fall back on, but after the last two games, I fail to see why we insist to deploy it against a small side at home.

About the knee-jerking.... well, that's 'tuz for you, you should know that by now.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Players who scored 23 of our 33 goals won't start tonight (Licht, Pepe, Krasic, Matri, Vucinic, Estigarribia and Vidal) :scared:
Conte seems not to believe in history or stats. He actually broke every negative record. 1. Losing to parma and Palermo, 2. Not losing a game yet. 3. Winning three games in a row. 4. Making below average players look world class, list goes on. Thank God he proved you wrong, and players who scored very few tonight were the ones to bring us the victory.

Bench: Storari, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Pepe, Del Piero, Matri, Vucinic.

No Elia, but Del Piero is on
That's what I call a strong benchhhhhh! They all are starters material.

Seriously drop this Elia thingy. Giach > Elia

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Compliments to Catania to actually coming out and attempting to play football. It was understandable that they sat back a bit in the second half, but for the most part they wanted to come at us (bro).

So happy for Quags. Heart of a lion.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Excellent we won, but indeed this formation is ANNOYING. Its great for our 3 man defenders, they are in cruise control mainly, more so then in 4 man defence, but for overall team, 4-3-3 is deffo better. May I remind you 2 goals were set pieces and 1 goal huge gift from Catania goalie. Not exactly most shinning example for our overall open play efficiency, which is why I dont like this formation.
Seems that we are improving in that area. No more short corners as in first half of the season. We have players who are very good headers why not using that opportunity.?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't like this Juventus. Not only are we Pirlo dependent, but we can't break an 11 man team out of pure play. All the goals we've scored were a joke, either dead ball situations or in case of Quag's one serious mistakes when we are 11 v 9 at home.
If we play even remotely close to today with Milan we are dead and buried.
Thats the only part I agree with
We cant always have "normal goals" sometimes we will score from dead balls and other team mistakes

The part I said I agree with is mainly on the 3-5-2 formation which seems to make us vulnerable to counters
Lichtsteiner is a must starter for the Milan game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)