[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (3 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I still think the 4-4-2 is the best way to go with the player material we have at disposition right now.

Licht - Barzagli - Chiellini - PDC
Pepe - Vidal/Marchisio - Pirlo - Elia/Giacch
Vucinic - Quags/Matri

I also think the 4-4-2 would work much better than the 3-5-2 but still think the 4-3-3 is the best of the three.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I also think the 4-4-2 would work much better than the 3-5-2 but still think the 4-3-3 is the best of the three.
I prefer the 4-3-3 as a formation, but I agree with whoever said that our front line just isn't prolific enough to make a 4-3-3 work. The only 4-3-3 player we up there is Vucinic, the rest of them don't look comfortable.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 17:01 ----------

Here comes Einstein.
:lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Del Piero and Quag. These two players are no where horrible finishers. They need MINUTES and confidence. But when Quag plays 15min and Ale never plays then you can't expect them to change anything indeed.
Those two should be getting more time if Juve are using 3-5-2.

They don't really fit in 4-3-3, though.

And I don't see bringing them on as something particularly likely to change the outcome of a game.

Are you watching our games Andy? I can post you our last 10 results.
I didn't express what I meant very well there.

I believe Conte has made changes in the vast majority of cases when Juve have needed a goal.

Normally it is changes to personnel, but sometimes (against Parma, for instance) he has also changed the shape of the team.

Until one of the forwards shows any sort of form, there isn't a whole lot that can be done, except continuing to create plenty of chances and hope someone gets a goal and goes on a run.

And I've seen most Juve games this season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I prefer the 4-3-3 as a formation, but I agree with whoever said that our front line just isn't prolific enough to make a 4-3-3 work. The only 4-3-3 player we up there is Vucinic, the rest of them don't look comfortable.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 17:01 ----------

Matri is more comfortable in the 4-3-3 than in the 3-5-2.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We got a shitload of draws with the 4-3-3 also. For smaller teams 4-2-4 is by far the best option imo.

Ayre feyon w bel unbeaten streak.

10 draws is almost as good as 3wins and 7loses this is how good it is :D
it's bs is what it is.

How do you evaluate Ranieri's work with Inter so far?

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
To conclude, Juventus seriously lacks prolific strikers. That is the problem.

JCK 1 - 0 Sarunas. But don't sleep on this victory, I plan to change to 4-3-3 :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Those two should be getting more time if Juve are using 3-5-2.

They don't really fit in 4-3-3, though.

And I don't see bringing them on as something particularly likely to change the outcome of a game.

I didn't express what I meant very well there.

I believe Conte has made changes in the vast majority of cases when Juve have needed a goal.

Normally it is changes to personnel, but sometimes (against Parma, for instance) he has also changed the shape of the team.

Until one of the forwards shows any sort of form, there isn't a whole lot that can be done, except continuing to create plenty of chances and hope someone gets a goal and goes on a run.

And I've seen most Juve games this season.
The subs against Parma were Giaccherrini to Estigarribia where Giac slightly moved more to the center but that's about it.
The second sub was Quagliarella to Matri, no tampering with the formation whatsoever.
In the end around the 88th minute he put in Caceres for Lichtsteiner who is more suited for the 3-5-2 but still the shape of the team DID NOT change.

I guess you were talking about another Juve - Parma match.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 17:11 ----------

4 wins and 6 losses may give you more points but the morale would take a severe hit if you lost 6 times... basically meaning that every third team in the league is able to defeat you...
It looks like the morale of the team is top notch with 10 fucking draws to bottom table teams. That's why we keep on doing the same fucking thing against them all over again.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It shouldn't be a debate of whether you'd rather draw all these games, or take x wins and x losses instead.
Exactly but the point is sometimes you need to take risks in order to win your games, this is something Conte has been afraid of doing. Do you deny that?

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 17:13 ----------

To conclude, Juventus seriously lacks prolific strikers. That is the problem.

JCK 1 - 0 Sarunas. But don't sleep on this victory, I plan to change to 4-3-3 :D
You're good, I like you as a member here.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The subs against Parma were Giaccherrini to Estigarribia where Giac slightly moved more to the center but that's about it.
The second sub was Quagliarella to Matri, no tampering with the formation whatsoever.
In the end around the 88th minute he put in Caceres for Lichtsteiner who is more suited for the 3-5-2 but still the shape of the team DID NOT change.

I guess you were talking about another Juve - Parma match.
When Giaccherini came on for Estigarribia the formation moved to something much more like 4-3-3.

Chiellini moved into something more like an orthodox LB position and Giaccherini and Vucinic were providing fairly close support for Quagliarella.

That change also coincided with Juve starting to look more open and was the only period of the game where Parma provided any sort of threat.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When Giaccherini came on for Estigarribia the formation moved to something much more like 4-3-3.

Chiellini moved into something more like an orthodox LB position and Giaccherini and Vucinic were providing fairly close support for Quagliarella.

That change also coincided with Juve starting to look more open and was the only period of the game where Parma provided any sort of threat.
That coincidence was only because we were approaching the end of the game and obviously more space is allowed then when you push for a win, the shape of the team had nothing to do with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)