[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-0 Torino (December 1, 2012) (9 Viewers)

Man of the Match - Juventus vs Little Bulls

• Marchisio

• Giovinco

• Pogba

• Pirlo

• Vucinic

• Barzagli

• Bonucci

• De Ceglie

• Glik

Results are only viewable after voting.

viking1897

Oct 28, 2012
Agnelli hits out at Superga banner
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Agnelli has criticised the Juventus fans who unveiled a banner mocking the Superga tragedy during the derby against Torino.

In May 1949, almost all of the Grande Torino side which dominated the Italian game were killed when their plane crashed on their return from Portugal.

“I don’t believe that the supremacy of supporters should be manifested by remembering the tragedies of others,” Juve President Agnelli noted.

“You see these banners in stadiums all over Italy with gratuitous insults that absolutely have to be condemned.

“It is a shame to see that in a stadium where the atmosphere is noted by the Curva – they have the power to give personality to an arena.

“Tragedies, as far as I am concerned, don’t have club loyalties.”

Turning to the playing side of things, Agnelli was pleased with the win over Toro and looked forward to this week’s Champions League game at Shakhtar Donetsk.

“It’s very pleasing to win a derby thanks to two players, Sebastian Giovinco and Claudio Marchisio, who grew up in our youth system,” he continued.

“The most satisfying thing of the night was that from 10.30pm onwards, I didn’t hear from half of my friends…

“Shakhtar? Our concentration, determination and anger must be strong enough to get the result that we need to qualify.

“It’s a game that can give us different results. We could come first or, if we don’t face it in the correct manner, there could be elimination.”

A win will see Juve top the group, a draw will see them come second and a loss – coupled with a Chelsea victory – will see the Old Lady demoted to the Europa League.
"""

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)