[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-0 Sampdoria [September 20th, 2020] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Guess your second thinking that now
Lol, no! Jumping around, celebrating, claiming we have made it, and that Pirlk has got it after one-single game is an amateur move, inter-fans like.

- - - Updated - - -

So i just watched the game, is this the same ramsey from a month ago?? Unbelievable
Im gonna go with the "i always knew he had it" with Ramsey. Always liked him, defended him and still think that with Arthur, they are supposed to be the two main creative forces in our midfield. I say "supposed" because there is no way that Ramsey will stay fit throughout the season and it will be a sad day when he injures himself.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
It has to be said that we allowed Sampdoria several dangerous chances and should they have been a more dangerous team, we would have been hurt basly last night. Ok, its only the second game Pirlo has coached with Juve (first official) but he needs to stay grounded and humle and work on the things that we obviously are still not doing great. Great game, all in all.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
We played very well. I enjoyed the game, but it is only the first, the next 2 weeks will give us a better vue .
Mc Kennie played great ,works hard, runs. Ramsey was the biggest surprise for me MOTM. Whole team was good, but lets see against Roma and Napoli.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It has to be said that we allowed Sampdoria several dangerous chances and should they have been a more dangerous team, we would have been hurt basly last night. Ok, its only the second game Pirlo has coached with Juve (first official) but he needs to stay grounded and humle and work on the things that we obviously are still not doing great. Great game, all in all.
Yeah, Samp is shid, finished 15th last season, no changes and same team now, can neither attack nor defend.

Didn't mind the 20 or so less than perfect minutes in second half considering first game, but real test early test will be vs Roma and Napoli.

But very, very good early signs with players' willingness, movements, and positioning (plus with everything Pirlo has said and done so far, man has both balls and intelligence, still getting over Fabrotta :lol:). Pirloball is very unique in a good, sensible way.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
The only thing that could hurt us is the fact that we bring so many players in the opponents pitch, when we get countered we only have 3 defenders and usually will consists of Chiello and Bonucci, who really dont are running on 1 legs for a while now. One thing i really do like is the fact that our centre mid always has a player ready and a few more players near him as well.. Pirlo is teaching them to be comfortable in possession but also to look at passes quickly, which has been missing for a while from our team..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just watching the weekly serie a show on local tv. how the fuck tonelli didn't get a red for that foul on ramsey? he never had the chance to play the ball, he tripped on ramsey's ankle, and should ramsey reach the ball, he would have only faced audero, so it was kind of a "last man foul", preventing a goal. scoring opportunity. clear red for 2 different reasons. var didn't even check it.

Jun 6, 2015
just watching the weekly serie a show on local tv. how the fuck tonelli didn't get a red for that foul on ramsey? he never had the chance to play the ball, he tripped on ramsey's ankle, and should ramsey reach the ball, he would have only faced audero, so it was kind of a "last man foul", preventing a goal. scoring opportunity. clear red for 2 different reasons. var didn't even check it.
DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

A player, sent-off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence

The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders
This is from the FA, but I assume the rules are the same for Serie A.

My assumption is that it wasn't a red because it was so far away from goal (not an obvious goal scoring opportunity), Ramsey didn't have the ball under control and there was a defender who was closer to goal.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Most likely Ramsey would have been in alone. But referees never make that assumption if there are defenders at least in line with him (even though using basic geometry it would be hard to see how they catch up to him).

I can't remember it exactly but I'm pretty sure there were Samp defenders in line with Tonelli. Referees just never give a last man foul unless it's really obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)