[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (1 Viewer)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I blame Snoop. We were doing great before his comeback :D
agreed...add his name to the poll :pado:

Even if we dont precisely know whats happening in the training, how can one tell that CR has done the right choice, only because he has been there??
I mean, if the players that usually suck in a game, do usually suck in the training too, or even worse. Isnt this CR's fault?? Thats actually a double fault!
So he may actually is in more fault than you think Virtual.
You can only assume that the players CR calls to be our starters, do better in training, only because of your blind faith on CR. You assume that, not us!
I may assume that he actually picks the worst ones because he has a personal bias (Molinaro-DC), but i dont use argument, i only use facts!
Did you ever wondered, what if the man isnt as competitive as you think?

On the other hand, we only speak of the thing we know with certainty,
we do not live in a fantasy world, where the perfect coach does the perfect job in training and for no good reason, those players, fit and able for the job, massively under-perform...
In the real world out there, Neddy is that old, Marchio is that crippled, Molinaro is that limited and our defense is getting pawned by nobodies.
They may be perfect on the training, or in FM, but on the real world Jeda runs circles around them, just open your eyes and see that, you can!

Anyway he should know better, at this level, he should know better. The most important thing is the performance of our players on match days.
This what he is getting paid of, one way or the other, he should ought to have a back plan, esp against problems that are not a mystery to us and our opponents.
Every single coach, and well informed seria A spectator, knows of our weaknesses. When CR is going to think about them too?When is he planning to do anything about that? Are we ever going to fix them?
Why cant he anticipate the problems we, who are not professionals are able to anticipate/predict/accuse?

I do personally think the problem is deeper than that, i dont surely blame CR for what happens to our team, i think that he is just a pawn. I don believe that he is just that stupid. I think that his hand is forced to insist on those players and that he is also force to praise them, to cover up someone else's choices and strategical mistakes... (he is maybe told that we are not going to buy any other wingbacks and he have to work with them)
Thats exactly why hired him. But since he is here, i expect him to make a proper use of the potential he has on hand. I don think that someone else is picking the formation for him.
spot on

I would like to know from Andy and Vinnie: What coach you would like to have instead of Ranieri?
Or what other solutions they offer for this crisis....?
I don't know, but somebody who doesn't use this inane system that depends on having classy wingers who can consistently terrorize the opposition. The whole system is flawed and idiotic, so it needs to be revamped.

Ranieri is just copying what Capello did so he needs to be fired immediately.

Again, we should have just kept Deschamps, a better coach than this loser.
agreed, and at this point Michael Burke would be a better choice of coach

Interesting blog on channel4 about amauri...mostly about his international call up but it brings an excellent point. We have two amazing strikers (trez and amauri) that excel in the air and can potentially score loads of goals. In order for that to happen they need consistent accurate service and that is something we can't supply anymore. Especially not from anyone on the wings. Man we are going to have to pay loads of money to improve our 442 which maybe that's why they are contemplating changing the system as it might be cheaper ala diego where buying one mid will go a long way.

The way I see it is if we stay at a 442 we need to spend on a neddy replacement, a genius for the middle (not another DM) that can supply endless quality to all areas wide and center, and two quality outside backs or a worldclass CB. If we can't improve these areas then our system fails as we are waayyyyy to predictable. We are blessed with an array of worldclass strikers and no way to supply them hence our current failure to score and the endless struggle to put the ball in the net.

In my honest opinion we need to spend first on an MC or AMC that can link our back and front. We have no one that wants to receive the ball from defense and their only alternative is to boot the ball in pray it lands right at the feet of DP or amauri. You can't win games consistently by bypassing the midfield. We have our engine in sissoko now we need that anchor. Its time to spend otherwise we better get used to this inconsistent form. Sissoko sadly as he is one of our top players defensively but happens to be the worst passer in the team. We desperatly need confidence in the middle.

We screwed ourselves by not being more flexible with liverpool on xabi alonso, the board had the right idea but should have gotten him over amauri. Iaquinta would be fine with DP and gio as a backup(until trez's return) if they had that worldclass quality delivery tha alonso can deliver. Now we are forced to play desperate passes and pray nedved finds another fountain of youth. I love amauri and all but that 25M should have been spent differently. There is no point having the likes of amauri and trez up top if you can't give them the kind of supply they need. Marchionni can't cross, molinaro can't cross, melberg can't cross, neddey used to be able to cross, grygera can't cross....that leaves us in a world of hurt because after our outside players fail we don't have anyone in the middle that can carry the burden of their failures.

Forza giovinco over nedved. Forza camoranesi. If camo never finds his old form and CR is reluctant to field giovinco and we keep the 442 without spending money then we are a top 4 team, not title contenders. We don't have the quality midfield that will give us consistent performances and delivery to our goalscores.

In lieu of our recent slump, I love you juve, forza juventus...always.
great post !!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I lost count of the times Chielleni had to go cover for Molinaro on the left side, he was horrible positionally and left a lot of gaps behind. Not to mention he gave Fini too much space to get his crosses in. Fini had an easy game yesterday if you ask me.

thank you so much, thats exactly what prompted me to dub him worst player i witnessed in black and white in the live thread. He retracted and was in position only once the whole second half. if you have no skill and you re not running wtf are you doin on the field.
as bad as he wasthough , unfortunately Mellberg was our worst defender.

I think what really gets to people is not the fact that we lose but rather the way we lose.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No, this was Ranieri's fault actually.
I mentioned before the match that Cagliari are one of the best (probably the best) counter-attacking teams in the league and their ball movement is very good.
Molinaro shouldn't have been forced to play so offensively because even someone with such pace and stamina can't be back on time for Cagliari's great counters.
But yesterday (at least in the first half) Molinaro played in some unusual for him attacking role (at least it resulted with Neddy's goal) and he was surely told by Ranieri to do it and to help Nedved.
Even Superman would have left the space at the back against a fast, pacey, counter-attacking team like Cagliari.

In order to fix one broken thing (read: Nedved to get more help in attack) we broke another thing (read: we left space on the left) and this is coach's fault.
IMO, Alen nailed it. Molinaro was clearly given instructions to play forward upfield, leaving Chiellini to cover. But Ranieri even sent Legro upfield a few times... downright puzzling. Not that Molinaro gets a free ride, but the absence of a player in a certain position does not indicate it is the player's deliberate choice. Coaches give instructions, and this is where I probably should have been harsher on CR's tactics.

Even if Chiellini was given an extremely difficult task by CR, you could tell he physically wasn't there -- and was probably on the edge of aggravating some injury. He just didn't have the same one-on-one skills.

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007
thank you so much, thats exactly what prompted me to dub him worst player i witnessed in black and white in the live thread. He retracted and was in position only once the whole second half. if you have no skill and you re not running wtf are you doin on the field.

I think what really gets to people is not the fact that we lose but rather the way we lose.
I am with you 100%. Is Tiago injured? Couldnt CR send him in the field at least when Zanetti was injured? We not have a creative midfieder when Zanetti is missing. Not that I loike Tiago bt at least he has some creativity on his legs. He can organise the midfield with the attack. Our attackers are not scoring beacuse they are not receiving ant balls from the midfielders. Sissiko and Marchisio are not creative midfieders. Besides we dont have full backs especially Moli who can cross a good ball to the attackers.

We should change our off-side tactics that the opponents learnt us and are eveading the off-side trap.

Besides CR should be sacked as he is not a wiining coach and we are passing the same black-outs like last year.

We are not a winning teamand we will never be if the management and CR remain there. I have said this several times. I am sure we will be out of the Coppa Italia this wednesday and we be be thrown out from the Champ league by Chelsea.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, this was Ranieri's fault actually.
I mentioned before the match that Cagliari are one of the best (probably the best) counter-attacking teams in the league and their ball movement is very good.
Molinaro shouldn't have been forced to play so offensively because even someone with such pace and stamina can't be back on time for Cagliari's great counters.
But yesterday (at least in the first half) Molinaro played in some unusual for him attacking role (at least it resulted with Neddy's goal) and he was surely told by Ranieri to do it and to help Nedved.
Even Superman would have left the space at the back against a fast, pacey, counter-attacking team like Cagliari.

In order to fix one broken thing (read: Nedved to get more help in attack) we broke another thing (read: we left space on the left) and this is coach's fault.
I agree. It was obvious that he was given instructions to attack more. But he never timed his attacking runs right and therefore left a lot of spaces behind him. A lot of attacking fullbacks do what Molinaro tried to do last game while still getting back fast enough for their defensive duties, its all about how you time your runs. Molinaro was mostly just running up that flank like a headless chicken. He defenitely has the pace and the stamina to pull it off, but he doesn't have the brains.

:agree:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Eℓvin;1883980 said:
Just like you predicted Real beating the shit out of us and us finishing 4th in the group, right Vin? ;)
lol I got my first ever -rep for this post :pint:

Reveal yourself, so I can thank you for breaking my cherry, mate :D

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
You're a typical "new age" juventus fan. Im not going to defend our board or anything like that. However saying inter is the worst team in the world proves your ignorance, as much as we all hate them on these boards we know they are made of quality.
Man I was watching Juve long before you were born!!!!.so stop the crap about some new age juve fan.Instead of seeing things at crystal ball for some fans just look some games of Juve from past years and past generations.You will learn something definitely.Always Juve was a brand team,world team.Coaches were always a first rate experts,managers were wizards.What is this?Blanc is a former Roland Garros manager,Giggli was a middle rated FIAT office rat,and Secco was cleaning shoes to Moggi.Ranieri never win anything.How do you expect this idiots to build a competitive squad and win titles?You have to watch football game more often in order to understand what I am writing about.For start look at Juve season 2003,matches and then years before.
And Inter,I stay behind every word about them.How it happens they not to win anything for 18 years?They always have expensieve and good players and won nothing.So,stop the crap about quality of Inter.I do not hate them I feel pity for that losers and I am angry why we waste titles like this occasion.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I poslacuoko 100.000,00 postova da bih nio respektabilan na ovom sajtu
You can be respected after 100 posts and you can be a laughing stock after 1 million posts.
If you feel that you're not respected enough then it might be because of what you say, not due to your post count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)