Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Lecce [May 3rd, 2009] (16 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i'm disappointed/embarrassed when we lose of course but recently less so. My disappointment thus far has exceeded my expectations and I admit that the possibility of a new manager with each passing loss or draw is some sort of consolation.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #82
    Not satisfied with yesterday's decision to keep the one match stadium ban, the club decided to take this to the higher courts.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
    Jul 12, 2006
    Not satisfied with yesterday's decision to keep the one match stadium ban, the club decided to take this to the higher courts.
    We got demoted to Serie B and the club did jack shit, we get 1 game behind closed doors and its all over, its good to see how our club thinks

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Thuram agrees with ban

Lilian Thuram believes his former side Juventus were right not to appeal against the decision to make them play behind closed doors against Lecce this Sunday.

The Bianconeri were handed the ban after a section of their fans directed racist chants at Inter's Mario Balotelli during the Derby d'Italia on April 18.

When asked if he was surprised some Juventus fans had acted in such a manner, Thuram replied: “No. Racism exists in society and Balotelli is a novelty to Italians.

“He is Italian and black. When I played in Italy, a lot of trainers and players said to me that the France national team wasn't the true one because of the black players.

“Racism is rooted in our society, independently from countries” Thuram told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “In France we have made progress, but there is still work to do. If there are more blacks in our national team it's because of colonialism.

The former Parma centre-back, who now works for a campaign against discrimination, later explained what he believes Italians need to do.

“It needs to be explained that an Italian can be of colour. That the blacks are not all Africans, but also Frenchmen, Danes and Americans.”

Thuram then responded to statements made by Juventus' fans, who defended their actions as legitimate forms of dissent.

The Drughi, a Juventus Ultras group, say they insulted Balotelli because of his poor conduct on the pitch and point to the fact they didn't give Inter's other black players the same treatment.

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho and Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf have since come out in their support, insisting the chants weren't racist.

“Ignorance hides a lot of things and it avoids putting the issue in discussion in society,” Thuram added. “Instead we need to discuss it because racism is cultural.

“For centuries we have based ourselves on the prejudice of white superiority. It wouldn't surprise me if those who whistled Balotelli were surprising by the polemic that followed it.

“Whoever does not acknowledge racism tends not to give it importance. They lack the sensibility to understand things better.

“There are those who don't want to fight with the fans. Instead we need to exploit their own status to say that we cannot insult a player because he is black.

“A lot of coloured players have helped Juventus win. The players should put pressure on the fans and not be scared by them.

“I would not have made an appeal against the decision to play Juve-Lecce behind closed doors. The directors cannot gag the people who go the stadium, but an appeal is like saying nothing bad happened. They needed to accept the ban to dissociate themselves from the fans.

“I understand that they would have preferred to play with the fans behind them, but the fans can love them even without supporting them,” Thuram concluded.

channel 4

:p
    Thuram is a piece of shit

first, he bashed the team, and now he bashes the fans

I am ashamed that he ever wore our uniform.....

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Yeah, I had that same reaction Vin. What an ass for all the years and all the success the club offered him. Good riddance Lilly

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Juve appeal to High Court

Juventus are taking their appeal against the stadium ban for racist abuse all the way to the High Court of Sport Justice.

The club was ordered to play their next home game – this weekend with Lecce – behind closed doors after Inter’s Mario Balotelli was subjected to racist abuse by a section of the crowd.

Their initial appeal was rejected, but Juve are taking it to the next level in a bid to have the decision reversed.

In relation to the decision of the Federal Courts of Justice pronounced on 28 April 2009, seeing the absence of reasons for Juventus to be convinced of the sentence imposed, the club filed an urgent request in the High Court of Sport Justice to suspend the decision,” read a statement on the club website.

This could cause further controversy, as many had already questioned the wisdom of Juventus appealing the decision in the first place.

Juve had issued an apology to Balotelli in the wake of the chanting in the Derby d’Italia.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I expect us to win this one. I mean, surely we can't draw @ home to Lecce, let alone lose! However, the 3-4 from a few years back comes to mind, with Konan the destroyer grabbing a brace :scared:

I don't think the club should appeal the ban; in fact, playing behind closed doors @ this point in time could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I will not be watching the game, as I have decided to boycott viewing of Juve games until we start playing some football. Enough of the dispirited, apatehtic, lethargic, disjointed, and lackadaisical displays.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I expect us to win this one. I mean, surely we can't draw @ home to Lecce, let alone lose! However, the 3-4 from a few years back comes to mind, with Konan the destroyer grabbing a brace :scared:

I don't think the club should appeal the ban; in fact, playing behind closed doors @ this point in time could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I will not be watching the game, as I have decided to boycott viewing of Juve games until we start playing some football. Enough of the dispirited, apatehtic, lethargic, disjointed, and lackadaisical displays.
    How will you know when we will start playing some football you like if you dont watch it?:shifty:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    I'm not gonna post this anymore because it's redundant. Lecce said they're looking to take pts out of this game.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    I'm not gonna post this anymore because it's redundant. Lecce said they're looking to take pts out of this game.
    who isn't? the way we been playing we'll prob gonna settle for 1pt seing as it was difficult to beark then down without the support of our 12th man cheering the players on.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Il be drinking a lot saturday night, im going to the pub to to watch Hatton v Pacquaio so im expecting a bad hangover sunday... i hope to god i dont wake up and find that there is anything going wrong in this match to make me any worse i just couldnt handle it. a draw to reggina and losing any points to lecce would be horrible but im sure it wont happen i hope and think that we will trash this team.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Il be drinking a lot saturday night, im going to the pub to to watch Hatton v Pacquaio so im expecting a bad hangover sunday... i hope to god i dont wake up and find that there is anything going wrong in this match to make me any worse i just couldnt handle it. a draw to reggina and losing any points to lecce would be horrible but im sure it wont happen i hope and think that we will trash this team.
    Stevie, you may need a lot of alcohol if you're a Hatton fan....Pacquaio is gonna mess him up

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    How will you know when we will start playing some football you like if you dont watch it?
    There are many ways to know if we are playing good football or not. Reading reports, watching highlights of the games, in addition to reading your comments and remarks on this forum. All these are ways to validate whether our level of performance has improved or not.

As horrible as it sounds, I just can't sit through 90 minutes (plus stoppages) of a Juve game without feeling the need to switch channels, or the urge to fall asleep.

Thank you Crappio Ruinieri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)