Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Lecce [May 3rd, 2009] (1 Viewer)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Marchisio will certainly miss the match according to Tuttosport.

Rumors say that Giovinco could watch the match at home in front of the TV and that he'd be lucky to get a place in the stands.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I guess that's the good thing about this being behind closed doors: fewer witnesses to the embarrassment.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1971444 said:
Marchisio will certainly miss the match according to Tuttosport.

Rumors say that Giovinco could watch the match at home in front of the TV and that he'd be lucky to get a place in the stands.
Maybe Ranieri will cut off his cable so Gio will have to find a stream..... but then Ranieri will disconnect Gio's internet connection.... will the match be covered on the radio?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyone knows how to contact Giovinco? His official site or something?
We can ask him if he wants to follow the match with us in the LIVE thread. :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
lol...

the sad thing is that is not so far from reality taking in consideration how ranieri is too busy looking at nedved videos from 2003.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
manninger
zebina - knezvic - ariaudo - molinaro
marcchioni - tiago - poulsen - de ceglie
trezeguet - iaquinta

we're goin to win easily with this formation ..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thuram agrees with ban

Lilian Thuram believes his former side Juventus were right not to appeal against the decision to make them play behind closed doors against Lecce this Sunday.

The Bianconeri were handed the ban after a section of their fans directed racist chants at Inter's Mario Balotelli during the Derby d'Italia on April 18.

When asked if he was surprised some Juventus fans had acted in such a manner, Thuram replied: “No. Racism exists in society and Balotelli is a novelty to Italians.

“He is Italian and black. When I played in Italy, a lot of trainers and players said to me that the France national team wasn't the true one because of the black players.

“Racism is rooted in our society, independently from countries
” Thuram told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “In France we have made progress, but there is still work to do. If there are more blacks in our national team it's because of colonialism.

The former Parma centre-back, who now works for a campaign against discrimination, later explained what he believes Italians need to do.

It needs to be explained that an Italian can be of colour. That the blacks are not all Africans, but also Frenchmen, Danes and Americans.”

Thuram then responded to statements made by Juventus' fans, who defended their actions as legitimate forms of dissent.

The Drughi, a Juventus Ultras group, say they insulted Balotelli because of his poor conduct on the pitch and point to the fact they didn't give Inter's other black players the same treatment.

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho and Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf have since come out in their support, insisting the chants weren't racist.

Ignorance hides a lot of things and it avoids putting the issue in discussion in society,” Thuram added. “Instead we need to discuss it because racism is cultural.

“For centuries we have based ourselves on the prejudice of white superiority. It wouldn't surprise me if those who whistled Balotelli were surprising by the polemic that followed it.

“Whoever does not acknowledge racism tends not to give it importance. They lack the sensibility to understand things better.

“There are those who don't want to fight with the fans. Instead we need to exploit their own status to say that we cannot insult a player because he is black.

“A lot of coloured players have helped Juventus win. The players should put pressure on the fans and not be scared by them.

“I would not have made an appeal against the decision to play Juve-Lecce behind closed doors. The directors cannot gag the people who go the stadium, but an appeal is like saying nothing bad happened. They needed to accept the ban to dissociate themselves from the fans.

“I understand that they would have preferred to play with the fans behind them, but the fans can love them even without supporting them
,” Thuram concluded.

channel 4

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Thuram agrees with ban

Lilian Thuram believes his former side Juventus were right not to appeal against the decision to make them play behind closed doors against Lecce this Sunday.

The Bianconeri were handed the ban after a section of their fans directed racist chants at Inter's Mario Balotelli during the Derby d'Italia on April 18.

When asked if he was surprised some Juventus fans had acted in such a manner, Thuram replied: “No. Racism exists in society and Balotelli is a novelty to Italians.

“He is Italian and black. When I played in Italy, a lot of trainers and players said to me that the France national team wasn't the true one because of the black players.

“Racism is rooted in our society, independently from countries” Thuram told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “In France we have made progress, but there is still work to do. If there are more blacks in our national team it's because of colonialism.

The former Parma centre-back, who now works for a campaign against discrimination, later explained what he believes Italians need to do.

“It needs to be explained that an Italian can be of colour. That the blacks are not all Africans, but also Frenchmen, Danes and Americans.”

Thuram then responded to statements made by Juventus' fans, who defended their actions as legitimate forms of dissent.

The Drughi, a Juventus Ultras group, say they insulted Balotelli because of his poor conduct on the pitch and point to the fact they didn't give Inter's other black players the same treatment.

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho and Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf have since come out in their support, insisting the chants weren't racist.

“Ignorance hides a lot of things and it avoids putting the issue in discussion in society,” Thuram added. “Instead we need to discuss it because racism is cultural.

“For centuries we have based ourselves on the prejudice of white superiority. It wouldn't surprise me if those who whistled Balotelli were surprising by the polemic that followed it.

“Whoever does not acknowledge racism tends not to give it importance. They lack the sensibility to understand things better.

“There are those who don't want to fight with the fans. Instead we need to exploit their own status to say that we cannot insult a player because he is black.

“A lot of coloured players have helped Juventus win. The players should put pressure on the fans and not be scared by them.

“I would not have made an appeal against the decision to play Juve-Lecce behind closed doors. The directors cannot gag the people who go the stadium, but an appeal is like saying nothing bad happened. They needed to accept the ban to dissociate themselves from the fans.

“I understand that they would have preferred to play with the fans behind them, but the fans can love them even without supporting them,” Thuram concluded.

channel 4

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)