[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Hellas Verona (September 22, 2013) (17 Viewers)

Man of the match?

• Ogbonna

• Barzagli

• Isla

• Llorente

• Tevez

• Bonucci

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #403
    Why aren't we having results in the thread title and no more polls anymore?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The way we were static in the first 30 minutes scared the shit out of me. We couldn't do anything.
    We weren't so static, as much as we were confused. Many teams are marking Pirlo, but Verona had a man literally on Pirlo's back, which, probably for the first time in Conte's +2 years forced us to play with our Cbs as play makers, deep into the opponent's half.
    On the other hand, it's normal that it will take Llorente some time to get used to our style and that's why his movement (even though he ran a lot) wasn't ideal. That movement of his didn't allow Pogba and Vidal to play their game close to Verona's box.
    Our players were confused, as I said. Pirlo was out of the game, and for some time we didn't know who should occupy the empty space in midfield and how it should be done. Vidal and Pogba were finding empty space behind them, but not the usual space Vucinic provides for them in the final third. That's why for some good 20-30 minutes we looked like we don't have a plan. Later we adjusted to the situation and fortunately Tevez and Llorente found the target in the meantime.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #409
    We weren't so static, as much as we were confused. Many teams are marking Pirlo, but Verona had a man literally on Pirlo's back, which, probably for the first time in Conte's +2 years forced us to play with our Cbs as play makers, deep into the opponent's half.
    On the other hand, it's normal that it will take Llorente some time to get used to our style and that's why his movement (even though he ran a lot) wasn't ideal. That movement of his didn't allow Pogba and Vidal to play their game close to Verona's box.
    Our players were confused, as I said. Pirlo was out of the game, and for some time we didn't know who should occupy the empty space in midfield and how it should be done. Vidal and Pogba were finding empty space behind them, but not the usual space Vucinic provides for them in the final third. That's why for some good 20-30 minutes we looked like we don't have a plan. Later we adjusted to the situation and fortunately Tevez and Llorente found the target in the meantime.
    We also looked lost against Inter and FCK, Llorente wasn't playing in those games.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Tell me what he did other than shot like 6 times from outside the box.
    For once he sent a perfect ball for Vidal's header in the 1st half. He had some good moves but I expect much more from him. Your statement that he barely did anything suggest that either you haven't seen the game or you're desperately trying to push your agenda and that would be to start Marchisio at his expense.

76 passes today and 84% completion,
    17 duels won, incredible stat,
    8 areal duels won,
    3 chances created.

Jul 20, 2012
    For once he sent a perfect ball for Vidal's header in the 1st half. He had some good moves but I expect much more from him. Your statement that he barely did anything suggest that either you haven't seen the game or you're desperately trying to push your agenda and that would be to start Marchisio at his expense.
    Marchisio will start. Pogba has looked lost since the game with inter.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    Pogba's fine. He's only 20 years old, so he won't be as consistent as more seasoned professionals out there.

We need to press for the first goal rather than assuming it will somehow come our way. That's our main issue imo.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    We were simply toothless today.And I am sick of non marking from our defence and stupid goals.Pogba was bad.Also Pirlo.I like Llorente but it is obvious that whole team must work in order he to score.Tevez was fine.We must change something that we miss otherwise we will have problems in future games,starting from next game Chievo

Jul 20, 2012
    Pogba's fine. He's only 20 years old, so he won't be as consistent as more seasoned professionals out there.

We need to press for the first goal rather than assuming it will somehow come our way. That's our main issue imo.
    Im not saying anything bad. Im simply saying I think the pressure is getting to him. Anyway once Marchisio gains his match fitness back, he will start for sure

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    Frantic play throughout, we were chasing a win and goals but the quality of play wasn't high enough, except Tevez's. Hopefully we were playing at a lower than best gear, else I would be worried.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    oh really?

in the past 4 matches we won by a difference of one goal, and tied 1-1. so no it could not have "easily" ended by 4 goals. this is a consistent problem and it has not been fixed. the lazio games were exception
    Yes.

Scorelines don't indicate performances, that makes zero sense. Low scoring performances indicate a lack of goals, not whether that is down to not creating chances or not taking them. We saw what happened today and in Copenhagen, the commentators and observers saw it, we are being profligate. I'm not saying we are playing champagne football, but at another stage of the season these two teams would be buried.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/758024/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2013-2014-Juventus-Verona

So 40% of chances inside the area today, 60% outside. That's 14 shots inside the area, 21 outside. I can recall a spell from just 45-55 mins where we wasted between 3-5 chances or great openings to score. Tevez had two strong chances to score before he did. Just off the top of my head. A good chance isn't just about having a shot from 6 yards outside, with the quality of players at our level anything around the area where there is a bit of time and space is an opportunity, and it also depends on the attributes of the player.

Like I said, we could easily have scored 4 today. We scored 2 as it was, it's not as if we're talking about rebuilding the pyramids here.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    Im not saying anything bad. Im simply saying I think the pressure is getting to him. Anyway once Marchisio gains his match fitness back, he will start for sure
    I know - I wasn't directing anything at you. I just think we as fans should just be a bit more patient with him. Pressure will get to him considering his age/inexperience. It's only natural when you're often the youngest dude on the pitch.

Pogba has the potential to be a great player, so Conte will facilitate that over the coming 24-48 months.

In any case, he was lively today and was creating space for himself and those around him at times. He seemed more comfortable playing smack in the middle rather than down the left - it's more natural for him.

- - - Updated - - -

What ever happened to putting men on the posts when defending a corner? I learned that stuff when I was 5
    I agree. We should employ this tactic if we ever verse an U-5 side in a pre-season friendly.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    We played just fine I thought. Except for those few lapses that handed Hellas periods of possession and a few corners as well as poor finishing. We kept the pressure on and passed it around well for the most part. Hellas Verona defended pretty well it was hard to get clear shots away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)