[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 Roma [February 6th, 2021] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Do you remember Allegri Juve? we don't have a good midfield to take control of games
Yep, we conserved so much energy in our Conte and Allegri eras and I believe we still have that energy in reserve somewhere, because we never actually ran over a team with superior energy.
Nah I personally dont believe in that fan-created theory that every time Juventus is defending and not touching the ball it is because we are conserving energy for use later. But Id like to be proven wrong and see us stomp some top teams next months, I might be completely wrong here.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yep, we conserved so much energy in our Conte and Allegri eras and I believe we still have that energy in reserve somewhere, because we never actually ran over a team with superior energy.
Nah I personally dont believe in that fan-created theory that every time Juventus is defending and not touching the ball it is because we are conserving energy for use later. But Id like to be proven wrong and see us stomp some top teams next months, I might be completely wrong here.
We need a good midfield to take control of games and trying to play counter attacking football is also one of the tatics in football

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I totally get our approach today. Roma didn’t play the Supercoppa final, nor did they play a Coppa semi against their bitter rivals, with another game still to play. They were much fresher, and taking an open approach could have been disastrous (like the first game, where we were lucky to get away with a point).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We are starting to look more like an Allegri team with our solid, profound and effective approach. We have a more fluid attack and with more ideas. I am worried about the gap we created though

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Consistent results starting to show regardless of the performance...that's what juve has been for the past decade in serie A. Not always playing great but still winning.

The gap is a concern...can only hope the man teams drop points. Beating roma played a major part.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
As an Allegri fan, I love it
Besides getting away with 3 points here (which I would argue was quite fortunate as Roma had plenty of chances to score and we basically scored 2 goals out of no chances), what did you love about this game?

As an Allegri fan I loved many of our games in the early seasons where we actually outplayed many teams with smart and confident attacking play and didnt allow any shots on our goal.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
3 points. Goat goal. Clean sheet. 6 wins in a row. Gaining confidence in all areas of the pitch. Very Allegri style win and performance. It’s nice to Pirlo is learning to vary his game play depending on the opponent. There was times earlier in the season where we would press teams like crazy for 90 mins and concede stupid goals consistently.

If we beat Napoli next week we are really back in the business.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Besides getting away with 3 points here (which I would argue was quite fortunate as Roma had plenty of chances to score and we basically scored 2 goals out of no chances), what did you love about this game?

As an Allegri fan I loved many of our games in the early seasons where we actually outplayed many teams with smart and confident attacking play and didnt allow any shots on our goal.
Bro do you understand that in the last six weeks we played at least 2 more games than them and we are preparing to make it 3 Tuesday when we meet inda?
Roma had 7 days to prep the match ,we had 4 ,yet you expect to go all out on them ?
Going by that tactic the players would be probably tired by the 60th minute and there is a good chance we don't win it .
Playing ugly and winning the game is a Hallmark of a champion team .
We don't need to win convincingly every match .
We get 3 points either way.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Bro do you understand that in the last six weeks we played at least 2 more games than them and we are preparing to make it 3 Tuesday when we meet inda?
Roma had 7 days to prep the match ,we had 4 ,yet you expect to go all out on them ?
Going by that tactic the players would be probably tired by the 60th minute and there is a good chance we don't win it .
Playing ugly and winning the game is a Hallmark of a champion team .
We don't need to win convincingly every match .
We get 3 points either way.
You didnt actually answer my question bro. And yes I do know our schedule is quite tight. However we also got a whole second string squad that is more expensive than Romas starting 11 and we should be able to handle it.

We played ugly and we won, that is clear to everyone. I believe we wont get away with this outcome in more than 25% of the cases, so Id be worried if this type of performance is our new goal and hallmark, thats my point.

When I think of champion teams I think of Bayern crushing a CL tournament, I think of Real outplaying us in the CL final. Those are the performances I want to see Juve achieve.

The only thing I will take away from this game is that Ronaldo was clinical and that we didnt make silly mistakes in midfield and defence as we saw a lot of early season. We seem more compact overall. But today wasnt a good performance but we got away with it.

Jun 16, 2020
You didnt actually answer my question bro. And yes I do know our schedule is quite tight. However we also got a whole second string squad that is more expensive than Romas starting 11 and we should be able to handle it.

We played ugly and we won, that is clear to everyone. I believe we wont get away with this outcome in more than 25% of the cases, so Id be worried if this type of performance is our new goal and hallmark, thats my point.

When I think of champion teams I think of Bayern crushing a CL tournament, I think of Real outplaying us in the CL final. Those are the performances I want to see Juve achieve.

The only thing I will take away from this game is that Ronaldo was clinical and that we didnt make silly mistakes in midfield and defence as we saw a lot of early season. We seem more compact overall. But today wasnt a good performance but we got away with it.
I think we need more time before seeing that. Pirlo had a clear vision but we were struggling with it. We probably need a few new players, or more time before we’re able to play his type of football constantly. He has chosen for the realistic path this month.

I hope that we see it against Napoli and Porto, but the next game for me remains the same, surviving it and make sure we don’t get injuries.

Also a game like this is important to gain some confidence and work on our organization. We lacked it and it has been growing since the start of this year. We used to have years of building on our organization instead of a good month like now.

Btw we scored 27 goals in the last 11 games so it seems that our attack is working, even when we play defensively. But I get your point, I’d also like to see us creating a bit more, but I think it’s not realistic to ask at this specific moment.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I really like to know how you can justify benching De Ligt. You just cant, in any shape or form. You can rotate and rest, but continue to bench him in league, after Samp game, and now this. Just makes zero sense.
Im patien still because of the Inter games (big games too, even if it's Coppa) in between, which kinda justifies this rotation.

If it continues after Coppa is done, then it will get really unacceptable.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Only got to watch the 2nd half and glad Juve got that 2 goal lead. Maybe not great Roma chances but too many close to the goal. Sounds like Max type team playing cautiously defending a 1-0 lead. Though as much I thought a manager change was needed, still felt better with Max's teams holding leads over both Sarri and Pirlo ones. Still glad Pirlo is our coach.

Question, did Tek handled the ball more times than usually today? Is there stats for that? Sure gets scary watching Juve trying to get the ball out of their back end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)