[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 Roma [February 6th, 2021] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Ugli, boring win, and play. 90 minutes defending against Roma at our stadium.
This team will never win in Europe playing like we have been playing in the last 20 years.
Not that we just do not have the players to play aggressive, high press football. There seems to be internal resistance to change encoded in our DNA.
We may win CL once every 30 years with such gameplay and approach but should this be enough for a team like Juve?

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I thought last nights game was great and you could definitely see our approach was different from the usual. The Inter match was a lot more nervy and they got way more clear cut chances than us. Even though Roma dominated the ball I didn't see them create anything cut-throat really. A couple of dangerous crosses that went to no one and a couple of shots outside the box, that's it. I felt relaxed about defending the lead for the first time this season, probably helped by the fact that it was Chiellini and Bonucci back there again like the good old days.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Watched the highlights twice and Roma barely had any chances. Two difficult volleys from outside the area, another barely half chance for Spinazzola from a tight angle. The headed chance later on was probably the best, but that was also difficult. They make it sound like Szczesny was performing heroics to keep Juve in the game.

Roma come here and do the same with every coach, every season, and we get told how they dominated the game because they are allowed to have the possession. Then they lose, because it's fucking Roma.

Expecting us to be able to play Pirlo's preferred style of football all the time when we are in the middle of a hectic schedule of big games, all games we have to win, it's not going to happen. We didn't have the legs to play that way yesterday and you have to take games like this. Other teams don't understand it as well as we do. The way we were playing earlier in the season was haphazard and foolish, but when the team is in better shape you'll still see more progressive football.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it was the least agressive pressing this season, and by quite a margin:

the same guy's earlier take on the same measure (ppda):

pirlo's post-match comments confirm that it was intentional and we simply let roma attack. good job.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Roma had 52% possesion... How is that dominating possession and pinning us back? They didnt create a single clear cut chance. If we would go by the media, every team outplay us, yet we somehow win games.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Watched the highlights twice and Roma barely had any chances. Two difficult volleys from outside the area, another barely half chance for Spinazzola from a tight angle. The headed chance later on was probably the best, but that was also difficult. They make it sound like Szczesny was performing heroics to keep Juve in the game.

Roma come here and do the same with every coach, every season, and we get told how they dominated the game because they are allowed to have the possession. Then they lose, because it's fucking Roma.

Expecting us to be able to play Pirlo's preferred style of football all the time when we are in the middle of a hectic schedule of big games, all games we have to win, it's not going to happen. We didn't have the legs to play that way yesterday and you have to take games like this. Other teams don't understand it as well as we do. The way we were playing earlier in the season was haphazard and foolish, but when the team is in better shape you'll still see more progressive football.
I was wondering the same, the commentator here was babbling over and over how Roma were dominating and that they were unfortunate that Juve scored where all I could see was stretches of useless inept possession mainly due to Juve being in control of what they were doing.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That's how teams like Chelsea won the CL against the likes of Bayern and Barcelona. Solid defence and soaking up pressure then when the opportunity arises, BAM Fernando Torres scores in the Nou Camp.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
That's how teams like Chelsea won the CL against the likes of Bayern and Barcelona. Solid defence and soaking up pressure then when the opportunity arises, BAM Fernando Torres scores in the Nou Camp.
That happened once in the last 30 years since I have been watching CL. This is not a winning stategy in Europe but just a fluke.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This fucking idiot Pistocchi :lol: Do these fuckwits even watch games? Ive seen 1 team far superior to other in every department, that looked about to score every time they pushed forward, that didnt allow any dangerous situation at the back, that played in lower gear and just enough to outclass opposition. While the other team passed the ball around aimlessly and for all the passing they could boast with 4% higher possession stat.

https://m.tuttojuve.com/altre-notiz...e-ultime-giornate-batte-una-bella-roma-546128

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
This fucking idiot Pistocchi :lol: Do these fuckwits even watch games? Ive seen 1 team far superior to other in every department, that looked about to score every time they pushed forward, that didnt allow any dangerous situation at the back, that played in lower gear and just enough to outclass opposition. While the other team passed the ball around aimlessly and for all the passing they could boast with 4% higher possession stat.

https://m.tuttojuve.com/altre-notiz...e-ultime-giornate-batte-una-bella-roma-546128
Pistocchi like his boyfriend Ziliani and many more are declared anti-Juventini so don't bother reading that sh*t.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
That happened once in the last 30 years since I have been watching CL. This is not a winning stategy in Europe but just a fluke.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk
No, it's how underdogs get past the top opponents. Look at how Man Utd won their CLs, certain matches they sat deep and hit on the counter. Porto did the same, Chelsea etc. Even Real did a few matches like this against Pep's Bayern for example.

To play a style like City, Bayern and Liverpool will need a full squad revolution. It may not be beautiful and imposing but winning is most important even if so called experts say Roma deserved it, the fact is that they had no chance once Ronaldo scored.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I was wondering the same, the commentator here was babbling over and over how Roma were dominating and that they were unfortunate that Juve scored where all I could see was stretches of useless inept possession mainly due to Juve being in control of what they were doing.
Roma were playing the same sort of sterile possession bullshit that we saw from Sarri last season, the only difference is we have much better individual players than Roma who bailed the chainsmoking cunt out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)