[Serie A] Juventus 2-0 Roma [February 6th, 2021] (1 Viewer)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Somehow managed to get 3 points here. We started out worst, got a magic Ronaldo goal and continued running after Roma and the ball for the remainder of the match. Its great that we didnt do any major fuckups in mid/defense to gift Roma anything, big improvements here. However if we play like this against other top teams then we will get absolutely raped 9 out of 10 times.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
All three lolzilians had a good match imo

arthur is putting a string together

sandro was impactful in both phases (although our total attack overall was limited)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
roma played much faster and more direct too, while we were a bit cynical and pragmatic. i liked most of the defensive job, vintage chiellini is always a welcome sight.

mckennie and chiesa were underwhelming, and i didn't like too much arthur either, at least not compared to his latest performances. we lost the midfield battle once again, fortunately it didn't matter.

this probably was the hardest fought clean sheet this season. plenty of room for improvement, still, a good job overall.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Please with the covid excuse he was fine and ready to play. Dont act like like this wouldnt happen more often if chiellini wasnt injured all the time.
Disagree, would've made no sense to start deLight and it's not just covid but also rotation and obv man mgmt decision. Bonucci was rested and deLight started vs inte*. Would've made no sense to rest one of them for two games in a row and start the other, the one who just returned, two in a row in a week in the middle of necessary rotation.

Re man mgmt, DeLight needs to start over Bonucci soon enough but you can't just excommunicate Bumucci suddenly. Needed to be a little more gradual process than that. Now that he's injured, it'll be next week.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Compared to the start of the season our defensive organisation has improved a lot. Roma wouldn't have scored even if they had another 90 minutes to play.

On the other hand we scored, subs were great, we conserved the energy and won the 3 points.

Can't ask for more.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Compared to the start of the season our defensive organisation has improved a lot. Roma wouldn't have scored even if they had another 90 minutes to play.

On the other hand we scored, subs were great, we conserved the energy and won the 3 points.

Can't ask for more.
Just because we didnt attack/have the ball doesnt mean we conserve energy. Actually it is quite the opposite. We were running after the ball all game and we looked very tired towards the end. Matches like these must be very draining.

Jun 16, 2020
We will have this problem for the rest of the season, and hopefully just for that long. If we can keep getting wins in spite of this, that's all we can ask for.
Yes obviously we miss some quality. But I think it’s due to our game approach and because we had Arthur in front of the defense. It’s easier with Benta as regista, Arthur between the lines and a bit more attack minded tactic to perform as a midfielder. McKennie seems out of form btw.

I fully understand this approach tho, circus is over and we need to win no matter what.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not our best game but I`ll take it as we won.
Terrible first half while the second one wasnt great either.

Chiellini still got it and Ronaldo was very good today

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Loving this newfound standard of mentality/focus/grinta and compactness/organization/positioning

Back to Juve standard

Only complaint: should've scored second goal sooner than the own goal. Their high line was there for the taking. Lost some focus in attack in the process of doing the aforementioned in our half - including numerous Ronaldo offsides.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Just because we didnt attack/have the ball doesnt mean we conserve energy. Actually it is quite the opposite. We were running after the ball all game and we looked very tired towards the end. Matches like these must be very draining.
Do you remember Allegri Juve? we don't have a good midfield to take control of games

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yes obviously we miss some quality. But I think it’s due to our game approach and because we had Arthur in front of the defense. It’s easier with Benta as regista, Arthur between the lines and a bit more attack minded tactic to perform as a midfielder. McKennie seems out of form btw.

I fully understand this approach tho, circus is over and we need to win no matter what.
I think McDonald's needs a rest.
He is playing non stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)