[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Palermo (October 26th 2014) (10 Viewers)

MOM JUVENTUS vs Palermo

• Buffon

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Pereyra

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 9, 2006
Yes, and one of the reasons is that we've been poor at the away games for the last 15 years, we go to Olympiakos, L'pool or whatever with "oh, we got this, atleast we'll draw them and destroy them at home" it's all in the head of our players and the problem is that Lippi, Ancellotti, Capello, Conte and now Allegri were not able to change this, Juventus should start every single playoff round at home, then we'll have a much better odds to the next stage cause we will be forced to play to win in the away field

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
is this about allergri or conte?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean that allegri hasn't turned around a game. He just subs a striker for a striker, a rwb for a rwb.
Conte in the past did change games around.
ABout Conte. But you can count allegri on that since he is doing exactly the same, minus the motivator part.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
The problem is that some people have a distort conception of the Serie A; at that point it becomes even ridiculous to follow 40/45 matches a season of this club, including other national competitions, and tune in just to follow the sporadic Champions League matches.

It's easy to piss on little teams like Palermo and to little teams in Serie A generally, with these idiom that Serie A teams like to defend like obsesses (like if other teams like Chelsea, Barça and Bayern are faced with attcking duties in other leagues) and can't harm you. Palermo had their share of chances yesterday, even if they can't do much against us obiouvsly because, may some people like or not, we are a top team, and if we could do something better in offence, defensively we are very solid even for big opponents, even if we miss two important defenders right now; they have interesting players like Dybala and Belotti, talents that probably in a pair of years might play abroad for some interesting team, cause Serie A scouts can still do their job and often even little teams have interesting players, MORE in average than other leagues. No surprise that Serie A teams are the ones who sell most abroad, even in top clubs.

To say that we could field the Primavera and still win "these matches" is pretentious and silly. If this was true (thank God it's not) wouldn't even follow this team anymore, even if I'd still support it of course. But this not the case, fortunately.

People like to point out the results in Europe. For sure Juventus and Roma might not be at the level of the top top clubs (even if are just three right now the clubs really superior... Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern, not anymore), and for sure might not compete financially, but you can't value 20 teams on a league out of that. It's the average level that makes the difference.

I've seen, seriously or not, Serie A compared to the greek league, cause italian champions couldn't beat the greek Champions, but the day after Fiorentina (that is, without Rossi and Gomez, not more than the 7th club in Italy, maybe) beating the actual leaders of that league; or a bigger example, Torino, relegation strugglers, topping the group in Europa League without conceding a single goal.

At that point what you can say?

I'm just sorry (not really care, just making a point) for those who couldn't enjoy these last 2 years of successes (because in the first two years of Conte era, nobody said sh!t about the condition of the league... Or even before, when Roma with Brighi, Perrotta, Mancini and Taddei as starters fought (and deserved) to win Serie A titles, and when Palermo and Sampdoria were competing for CL spots in Calciopoli years... All this obsession started just in December 2013).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's always hilarious to see few placing Serie A on the level of Greek, Russian or Turkish league; France and Portugal are far behind as well. Bunch of EPL and Loliga dickriders that like to take jab at good ol' Serie A :p. No shame in admitting that these two competitions are vastly superior atm, Loliga games are certainly more entertaining, I'd argue that EPL is quite boring to watch, but it's matter of a taste. Certainly better players can be found in both of these competitions, but there are certain limits after which bantering makes little sense. Currently Serie A is 3rd/4th best league in Europe and that's not about to change for better or worse.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've never really liked watching Spanish football, but there is no point in mixing subjectivity with objectivity. Those are the two best leagues by a distance.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yup, totally true. i like watching serie a and even bundesliga more than the spanish league. but there is no denying that it is the strongest league currently along with the EPL (slight edge to the la liga because of their recent success and their 2 super teams). however, it is an even bigger bullshit to call serie a "weak" or on par with some laughtable leagues because of a few results in europe. serie a is still up there, 3rd/4th biggest and strongest league in europe in terms of general quality, spending power, tv money, prestige etc. a few good results in europe and everyone will forget about the "weak serie a " bullshit and stop crying that we have no competition in italy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've never seen someone compre the Greek League to Serie A, that is obviously hyperbole. Serie A is the weakest I have seen the league in my 20 years watching it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how longer Serie A will continue to be able to generate that aura of old before its too late.
It's already too late, and it's not cyclical either.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats the worrysome part, it will not be cyclical unless owners of teams in italy start investing for the future, starting with owning a stadium... but most of those teams seem to be so poor that they cant start a process to own a stadium without going bankrupt or totally not investing in the team and getting relegated, on top of that the bureaucracy with the goverment being annoying.

Sucks

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I've never really liked watching Spanish football, but there is no point in mixing subjectivity with objectivity. Those are the two best leagues by a distance.
Exactly the way I see it too. I find Spanish Football utterly boring for the most part.

But for a strange reason, even though I like watching the EPL, I have a huge desire to see their teams destroyed in Europe. Must be because Australia is massive EPL fanboy territory :D

Serie A is clearly the 4th best league in Europe at the moment. And I don't see this changing for a very long time.

Jul 20, 2012
Exactly the way I see it too. I find Spanish Football utterly boring for the most part.

But for a strange reason, even though I like watching the EPL, I have a huge desire to see their teams destroyed in Europe. Must be because Australia is massive EPL fanboy territory :D

Serie A is clearly the 4th best league in Europe at the moment. And I don't see this changing for a very long time.
I'm similar in a sense. I enjoy watching EPL but I hate England, and love to see them fail.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
One thing Italy has that Spain, England and Germany don't is clubs with identity. There are plenty clubs with some kind of history, glorious or controversial, their own political ideologies, allegiances and animosities with other clubs, or just some unique characteristic that makes you feel a way about that club, love or hate. Being Juve, it's mostly just hate.

There's Juve, milan and inter, Roma and Lazio, Fiorentina, Genoa and Samp, Torino, Napoli, Palermo, Bologna, Cagliari, Pro Vercelli

Spain has what, Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo and maybe some others I can't think of.

Germany has Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke...?

England maybe has quite a bit of historical clubs.

Anyway, my point is that there's always some kind of back story with each Serie A fixture other than the match itself.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
One thing Italy has that Spain, England and Germany don't is clubs with identity. There are plenty clubs with some kind of history, glorious or controversial, their own political ideologies, allegiances and animosities with other clubs, or just some unique characteristic that makes you feel a way about that club, love or hate. Being Juve, it's mostly just hate.

There's Juve, milan and inter, Roma and Lazio, Fiorentina, Genoa and Samp, Torino, Napoli, Palermo, Bologna, Cagliari, Pro Vercelli

Spain has what, Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo and maybe some others I can't think of.

Germany has Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke...?

England maybe has quite a bit of historical clubs.

Anyway, my point is that there's always some kind of back story with each Serie A fixture other than the match itself.
Don't really think you have much of a point. It's just that you are more aware of Serie A and so have this perception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)