[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Palermo (October 26th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MOM JUVENTUS vs Palermo

• Buffon

• Ogbonna

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Pereyra

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Asamoah

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Lichtsteiner

• Pogba

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ask LOLiga fanboys like Osman and W how many interesting clubs there are in Spain. What can you say about Liga mainstays like Real Sociedad or (I'm seriously struggling to think of other clubs that are constants) Getafe?

Okay add Villarreal and Bilbao to clubs of note

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's always hilarious to see few placing Serie A on the level of Greek, Russian or Turkish league; France and Portugal are far behind as well. Bunch of EPL and Loliga $#@!riders that like to take jab at good ol' Serie A :p. No shame in admitting that these two competitions are vastly superior atm, Loliga games are certainly more entertaining, I'd argue that EPL is quite boring to watch, but it's matter of a taste. Certainly better players can be found in both of these competitions, but there are certain limits after which bantering makes little sense. Currently Serie A is 3rd/4th best league in Europe and that's not about to change for better or worse.
It is a matter of taste. Last La Liga game I watched (Atletico vs some middle table side) was boring as bat shit. I've never liked English football either. As far as I'm concerned, it's shallow, dumb football. Just booting it up the park for the sake of "attacking" football, only to predictably lose the ball.

The difference is not necessarily the spectacle, but the quality of players. Notably, attacking players. Who are the best forwards in Serie A? Higuain, Tevez... then fucking Totti?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It's not a recent thing that Serie A sides have been extremely poor in Europe, it's been happening for the best part of a decade, with Merda being an exception to the general rule.

On most given days top 5 teams from EPL, La Liga, Budesliga would beat any Italian side head to head. Benfica and Porta would do the same. Why is that? It's mainly because Italian sides are usually too conservative or too slow to counter-act what top European sides are able to do. This is because almost all Italian coaches are stuck playing the game of 15+ years ago, thinking this tried and tested formula will eventually come out on top. The problem is those tactics are now rotting on the pages of history books but the Italian game, through a mentality of conservatism, of shooting itself in the foot (Juve relegation and disgrace of the entire league), and short-sightedness thinking they'll always be on top (shown by a lack of investment in stadiums and the like), continues to play like it always has, but with a lack of funds, it's unable to achieve the same results with its mediocre rosters, mediocre compared to the Serie A sides of over a decade ago.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Juventino[RUS];4725807 said:
21st Century European seasons:

2000 - UEFA Cup 4th Round
2001 - Champions League 1st Round
2002 - Champions League 2nd Round
2003 - Champions League Runner-Up
2004 - Champions League 2nd Round
2005 - Champions League Quarter-Final
2006 - Champions League Quarter-Final
2007 -
2008 -
2009 - Champions League 2nd Round
2010 - Champions League 1st Round/Europa League 3rd Round
2011 - Europa League 2nd Round
2012 -
2013 - Champions League Quarter-Final
2014 - Champions League 1st Round/Europa League Semi-Final
Lets just take from 21st Century, you compare it against how we perform in the league. Now under Conte, we got 3 straight Serie A wins, first one was invincible , 4 points ahead second place, second one with 11 points ahead of second place , and third one with astonishing 102 points,highest ever in Serie A , and 17 points above the second placed team.
With that record, is it wrong for fans to at least hope a quarter final appearance to be the minumum? Considering we used to get there with Serie A winning or second placed teams, with lesser records to boast.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he changed the whole team with motivation, what he lacked is proper technical impact, which is what im referring to.
In the motivation aspect, he had it in spades.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
One thing Italy has that Spain, England and Germany don't is clubs with identity. There are plenty clubs with some kind of history, glorious or controversial, their own political ideologies, allegiances and animosities with other clubs, or just some unique characteristic that makes you feel a way about that club, love or hate. Being Juve, it's mostly just hate.

There's Juve, milan and inter, Roma and Lazio, Fiorentina, Genoa and Samp, Torino, Napoli, Palermo, Bologna, Cagliari, Pro Vercelli

Spain has what, Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo and maybe some others I can't think of.

Germany has Bayern, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke...?

England maybe has quite a bit of historical clubs.

Anyway, my point is that there's always some kind of back story with each Serie A fixture other than the match itself.
Lack of knowledge will lead to this. Beware kids.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Never been a big fan of the EPL or English football in general but I have held a season ticket at Leicester City for many years (predominantly for social reasons as opposed to enjoying watching the goalkeepers and centre backs hoofing the ball forward all game).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'd like the EPL more if everybody didn't jerk off publicly every time QPR played or Wayne Rooney had the hiccups. Fewer things are more annoying than to read a story about an epic derby in Roma or Madrid buried under all of that useless crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)