[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-2 Sampdoria (January 6, 2013) (4 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Match ratings :weee:

Buffon 4 - Needed the ref to blow a non existant foul to cover up his first howler & disastrous keeping for the (first) goal that was allowed. And I don't expect him to save that 2nd goal, but could he really not try anything more?
Barzagli 5,5 - Often troubled & even outclassed at times. When's the last time this happened?
Bonucci 5 - Some amazing passing & few classy moves. Sadly, his first task is defending and that didn't go too well.
Peluso 4,5 - The lack of understanding with the rest of the team was obvious throughout, but he did ok in the first half. Not so much in the 2nd.
Padoin 6 - I don't really like him that position, but he was easily among our best players. Delivered a brilliant assist to Gio as well, who managed to screw it up.
De Ceglie 5,5 - Probably the weakest link in the team, but he was not the problem yesterday.
Pogba 5,5 - Relly did not impose himself.
Pirlo 5 - Okay-ish in the first half, very poor in the 2nd.
Marchisio 6 - Good first half. To me it looked as if he was already injured at the break, so I'm not sure how or why they decided he needed to stay on till the end.
Giovinco 6 - One of the only bright sparks. But not clinical when he should be.
Matri 5,5 - Didn't get much to work with. A few good runs.

Vucinic 5 - Was very lively & dangerous. But ended up squandering massive chances.
Quagliarella 5 - Little involvement.
Giaccherini -

Let's hope this was a one off.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I still cant believe.
This was our worst game since Conte is in charge. We played so bad it hurts.
Flop of the match was Pogba no doubt but there were so many contenders.Up to this game I think that with Milan we played our worst game but this is by far our WORST game,It hurts so,so much.Third rate team with 10 players beat us on our turf!!!!!!! Disaster.
And does anybody knows the condition of Marchisio and Bonucci???
Conte was so,so low in reaction it hurts.D I S S A P O I N T E D TO D E A T H

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #571
    You are the first one that says Pogba was our worst player.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    I still cant believe.
    This was our worst game since Conte is in charge. We played so bad it hurts.
    Flop of the match was Pogba no doubt but there were so many contenders.Up to this game I think that with Milan we played our worst game but this is by far our WORST game,It hurts so,so much.Third rate team with 10 players beat us on our turf!!!!!!! Disaster.
    And does anybody knows the condition of Marchisio and Bonucci???
    Conte was so,so low in reaction it hurts.D I S S A P O I N T E D TO D E A T H
    R.I.P.

Oct 23, 2011
    I actually don't agree with people who are saying that we played a very bad game/one of the worst games of the season. The first half we created several opportunities with good fast-paced football. Just look at the build up play before the penalty, or the moment where Matri should have gotten a penalty. In the 2nd half, a now i have to be very honest, if it wouldn't be thanks to that Buffon error, Samp would have never gotten itself back into the game. From that moment on it was just a psychological problem, and i simple knew it would be a very difficult task to take the lead again. It is just one of those games that you have kill and make sure the opponent lose all the faith they could have in getting a positive result out of it. It didn't happen and Sampdoria just worked their socks of after their first goal and defended with the entire team.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
    I think that last season we were playing better, pressing more having more chances but we were unable to score.
    This season we are not playing like that but we were are able to collect more points.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I actually don't agree with people who are saying that we played a very bad game/one of the worst games of the season. The first half we created several opportunities with good fast-paced football. Just look at the build up play before the penalty, or the moment where Matri should have gotten a penalty. In the 2nd half, a now i have to be very honest, if it wouldn't be thanks to that Buffon error, Samp would have never gotten itself back into the game. From that moment on it was just a psychological problem, and i simple knew it would be a very difficult task to take the lead again. It is just one of those games that you have kill and make sure the opponent lose all the faith they could have in getting a positive result out of it. It didn't happen and Sampdoria just worked their socks of after their first goal and defended with the entire team.
    Totally agreed.

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
    :agree:

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    True, we had like 60-70% of the possession and control of the game.
    We were in control of the pace and had the initiative. We had twice as many decisive efforts.
    We were not inferior, other than our score/shoot ratio, (which a known issue because we play without a dedicated finisher)
    and because we have introduced a new piece in the defense (which takes more time to blend than other positions) smth that the young forward has exploited twice, in combination with Buffon's horrible performance. (smth that rarely occurs)

So nothing to afraid of in the long run, Peluso's 1st introduction and Buffon's bad were to cost us a matchaday, better this one, than a crucial one.
    Both issues will be inevitably sorted out themselves, in time.
    What we should focus upon is the lack finishing and there is only one thing we can do for that, get a proper serie A level finisher, like every other top half of the serie A has...

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
    time for my paint skills 80 lvl:
    1st - Where is our 3rd cm? Pogba/Giaccherini?!Yes, it's counter-attack but get ur ass back to help defence! Free zone in the middle is always no good, Padoin is coming back from the attack, Pirlo is near him, plus Marchisio is doing Barzagli's job there, Bonucci didn't marking Icerbi and Peluso is also coming back from the attack like Padoin
    2nd/3rd - Look at Bonucci, at his pose :sergio: he was about to press Obiang but instead of it he is staying on the same place for 10 seconds and probably he said to Peluso to mark Icardi instead of him :sergio:
    3rd/4th - Peluso has lost Icardi and he didn't even marking him , he is just like observer in that episode and he didn't even tried to make a tackle lol and of course it was bad positioning by GiGi

And it was the mistake after mistake that lead to the winner strike by Icardi

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)