[Serie A] Juventus 1-2 Catania, Dec 20th, 2009 (29 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What was his position yesterday? :shifty:
Valid points, Alen.

As for his position: in the 1st half I was under the impression that he simply took over Melo's role, seeing as both Tiago & Marchisio held their role.

When it comes to the 2nd half, I ask myself the same questions as you do. At first I thought Sali & Marchisio had simply switched positions, which made sense to me. After a while though I wasn't so sure anymore, as it didn't seem to make sense. Not that it's a surprise though, very few things make sense right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Fans should stop supporting the team in the field
they are applying more pressure to the players
this might relief them from stress and let them paly better

and in the same time, i think its more civilized way to express thier disappointments and frustrations about what is happening to thier team

P.S: someone said something about relegation
well it might be BLANK projects target

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I never thought to watch a day where Juve is being collapsed. I wasn't sad when we were in Serie B than what I feel today.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

They've certainly been generous but in proportion to each other, it's pretty accurate. I'd give 0,5 less to Marchisio and Melo and 0,5 more to Amauri.

Which of it do you disagree with, dadash?
Shave 2 points of everyone's rating and then they are accurate.

OP
SABSAB

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
  • Thread Starter #611
    Giovinco made and good assist to Trez, Ale made a assist for Trez. Both failed to dribble.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Not sure how DP deserves a better rating that Giovinco. Clearly the latter had more spark and did much better yesterday.
    I assume you were talking about my take on the game so here goes:
    Both had very little impact on the game, if any. Giovinco had 1 good move and other than that he was completely absent. Lost the ball a few times, looked like he tried his best not to get too much involved, appeared to be very weak (in bad shape?). Alex was not much better but tried to get involved a bit more: drawing defenders to him, making himself available to receive passes.

That is my personal opinion, with which you do not have to agree. I don't understand however why you would say Giovinco was much better. That really puzzles me.

Because he is Del Piero. I thought that was obvious no?
    :andyandbarcelona:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Even if it were the case this time, usualy its why he gets better ratings while playing the same or even worse as the next guy.
    I do realise that there are a lot of biased people when it comes to Ale's performances. I don't think I've ever been "guilty" of that (correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't appreciate people insinuating that I'm pro player X and against player Y.

Fyi:
    My average rating for Del Piero this season is 5,08 - based on 6 appearances (not counting the Bologna game since he wasn't on the pitch long enough)
    My average rating for Giovinvo this season is 5,80 - based on 10 appearances (not counting Cagliari, Bayern & Bari)

Doesn't seem like I'm sugarcoating Ale's performances, now does it?

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
    Average rating for gio this season in serie a, 5,90(490 minutes played) based on ratings from Gazzetta dello sport, Tuttosport and Corriere della serra. Dp 5,82 and 207 minutes played.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    It doesn't help to have your own fans egg your bus before a match. We looked so poor that I really do think that some players just didn't have it in them to care today.
    what i'm really afraid of is that loosing's become a habit for these guys.no fighting spirit is left there.
    I never thought to watch a day where Juve is being collapsed. I wasn't sad when we were in Serie B than what I feel today.
    :agree: I agree with you gentlemen.

It took me a while to read through everyone's posts, but my feelings yesterday were that Juve had played in Serie B with more spirit, more conviction than they have this season. The players we had then wanted to play for Juve and to play for them to the best of their ability. The team now seems to be full of players being automatically playing in the first team, irrespective of their commitment or form.

The match yesterday had me wishing for the team we had in serie B. They worked their socks off to be promoted in one season despite having a points penalty. :juventus: A lot of our youngsters were dumped in favour of new players. Both the management and the fans wanted players, who were 'big signings' to play for Juve instead of the youngsters.

Now we're stuck with players like Tiago, Melo and Grosso, who are not interested in playing for Juve, whilst players like Gio are on the bench. Moli is heavily criticised in this forum because he is 'useless', but since Tiago and Grosso, who have shown themselves to be worse than him, have been given automatic first team place over the likes of Brazzo, Moli, Poulsen, Marchisio and De Ceglie, the team's commitment has been poor. There are others who feel that they can get away with a mediocre performance as their team places are 'not being threatened' by giving others a chance.

At the end of last season, we wanted rid of Ranieri, because he was not giving our youngsters a chance, but this is still happening! Management need to weed out the poor performers, but I don't see this happening because they do not seem interested themselves.

A perfect example of this is their silence on Sissoko being headbutted by Chivu. :mad: Wasn't that more racist than the Juve chants? Chivu got clean away with it and the Management did not utter one complaint! :frown: If this is how the Elkans run Juve, they should hand the power back over to Andrea Agnelli!

I am feeling very sorry for my favorite team! :cry:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
    I hope it wasnt posted..

channel 4

Blog: Broken dreams
    Another loss for crisis hit Juventus and a cold snap have allowed Inter to stretch their legs at the top. Giancarlo Rinaldi on the Week 17 that was

It was supposed to be the year of a bold new Juve. The Bianconeri were meant to be ready to finally push Inter all the way for the Scudetto and maybe get competitive again in Europe. Those dreams now lie in tatters after a snow-hit weekend.

One defeat does not destroy a season, of course. Even a loss in front of your own fans can be overcome. But when you get beat by the weakest team in Serie A and it comes on the back of a string of bad results, the omens are not good.

All the pre-season positives have become problems. Diego was going to give La Vecchia Signora her missing spark, Felipe Melo was supposed to provide backbone and Ciro Ferrara was meant to be the bright, young Coach to guide a new generation. It has all gone dreadfully wrong.

The main beneficiaries of this disarray have been Inter and the chasing pack. With Milan kicking their heels in Florence, the Nerazzurri brushed off Lazio with nonchalant ease. It gives them a comfortable cushion that it will be hard for anyone to pull out from under them.

Juve fans will only feel more off-colour if they look at the man who is masterminding the revival of Roma. The discarded Claudio Ranieri has taken a team which looked to be disintegrating under Luciano Spalletti and brought them back into contention for, at the very least, a top four finish.

His latest masterpiece was a victory over high-flying Parma. Looking at the trouble in Turin he quipped that he would probably have been sacked by now if he had obtained the same results as Ferrara.

Alongside the Giallorossi, the other resurgent sides have been Napoli and Palermo. It would appear that a change of the man in charge has produced the desired results at both clubs. The Sicilians won a hard-fought battle with Siena while the San Paolo boys were more impressive against a tricky Chievo outfit. Both Walter Mazzarri and Delio Rossi will enjoy their festive break.

The only other place to beat the freeze was Livorno where the Serse Cosmi effect has helped to drag them out of the relegation zone. A 3-1 thumping of Sampdoria was great news for the Amaranto. However, it left the Blucerchiati’s early season dreams looking just about as battered as Juve’s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)