[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Inter (January 6th 2015) (7 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Able to post again now. Was so pissed last night I wasn't able to write a single word, and went straight to bed. Woke up feeling awful. Can't believe we threw this victory away, and in the end we were in fact closer to losing than we were to winning. Unbelievable, after that 1st half. We sucked in the 2nd half, and that was truly painful to watch.

We definitely need a quality trequartista if this formation is ever gonna work. If we don't find one, I won't mind switching back to 3-5-2 for the league.

Oh and fuck Inter.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really don't know what some members are talking about, what finishing off? What chances? We played for 8 fucking minutes and then we sat back relying on counter attacks. We invited Inter into space and to try to pass behind our defenders, they were not good at it but when you try the same thing for over an hour chances are you might succeed once or twice. We did the same thing in all our previous games and I can't remember when was it last that we had a decent performance and a convincing win.

During Conte we used to be sloppy in the first, go to the break and come back a different team, a team that can take home the three points. Recently we have been sloppy in the first and the only thing we bring back with us from the break is the whatever bad we have been doing and build on it. In other worse, we become worse.

Last night after there was a moment that we looked like we totally collapsed and Inter could have punished us with two or more goals; they were very bad and we were lucky and that's why we got one point.

Sneijder is not the solution to our problems no matter how many times Allegri will repeat that, there is something wong with the entire system, with our approach and our mentality and it's not something you can fix by one player.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We did not have a great first half. We never maintained possession and our short passes were consistently off. Our whole game was long balls. We did even worse in the second half.

A return to 3-5-2 is need. Our defense and midfield has been suffering and our attack is not good enough to carry the team.
We didn't need to have a great half, especially in terms of possession, because Inter did nothing with theirs and constantly panicked whenever we pressed their defense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Someone needs to make a short highlight video of all our misplaced passes we attempted to our strikers. Our final passing is shocking. Fixing that would fix our "lack of opportunities".

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Someone needs to make a short highlight video of all our misplaced passes we attempted to our strikers. Our final passing is shocking. Fixing that would fix our "lack of opportunities".
As much as I love Pogba but he was behind most of those misplaced passes.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I agree but he lost the ball while dribbling at a few occasions yesterday.
Yes. It's ok if he *sometimes* loses the ball. But he often is in the position to make the ideal pass, but refuses and gets pushed far off by his opponent.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve played a good first half and should have been more than one goal ahead, but poor decision-making and finishing cost them.

Juve had to drop the tempo in the second half, but were still in control.

Inter scored out of nothing due to Buffon coming out when he didn't need to. If he'd stayed on his line then Icardi would have had to do something extraordinary to score. Instead Buffon created a genuine chance.

Juve then panicked and lost their shape.

Because of this they tired very quickly and very badly.

Inter should have won the game in the end.

The panic at conceding is a bad habit that Juve need to get away from. They completely lost their way after Samp equalised and could have lost that game as well. With the experience that Juve have in their team, individually and collectively they should know better than to mindlessly launch themselves forward.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve played a good first half and should have been more than one goal ahead, but poor decision-making and finishing cost them.

Inter scored out of nothing due to Buffon coming out when he didn't need to. If he'd stayed on his line then Icardi would have had to do something extraordinary to score. Instead Buffon created a genuine chance.

The panic at conceding is a bad habit that Juve need to get away from. They completely lost their way after Samp equalised and could have lost that game as well. With the experience that Juve have in their team, individually and collectively they should know better than to Juve mindlessly launch themselves forward.
Some will have you believe we don't create chances.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What what what what what? Our problem still comes down to finishing, switching formations will not improve the finishing.
Our problem every since 2011 was finishing but that has actually been hidden in the last few games because we have stopped creating chances to waste.

Unless you consider Vidal's long shot, Pogba's individual brilliance and Pirlo's free kick to be chances created that need better finishing, we have not been creating especially against Inter. No one could possibly expect any of these type of 'chances' to be finished regularly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree but he lost the ball while dribbling at a few occasions yesterday.
As much as I love Pogba but he was behind most of those misplaced passes.
And people laugh at me when I criticize his dribbling. Their only excuse to claims they were "right" was because of the one move he did (which followed another bad finishing attempt).

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

The panic at conceding is a bad habit that Juve need to get away from. They completely lost their way after Samp equalised and could have lost that game as well. With the experience that Juve have in their team, individually and collectively they should know better than to Juve mindlessly launch themselves forward.

As always good post and good point.The same happened with Samp. and Napoli as well (Supercoppa).

- - - Updated - - -

Our problem every since 2011 was finishing but that has actually been hidden in the last few games because we have stopped creating chances to waste.

Unless you consider Vidal's long shot, Pogba's individual brilliance and Pirlo's free kick to be chances created that need better finishing, we have not been creating especially against Inter. No one could possibly expect any of these type of 'chances' to be finished regularly.

Marchisio chance in the box in the begining of the match.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Not sure why it's even a debate any more. Sure, our defence could technically be better but which team doesn't fucking gift teams one chance in most games? Prime Barca had a joke of a defence but obviously actually getting at their D was a huge challenge in the first place. Our defence can't easily be improved upon. And to think, people were talking about all the CB pairings supposedly better than ours and including the likes of Cahill - Terry ffs :lol:

I'll tell you what's 100x more achievable than never letting your opposition get a shot on goal every game (Because no fucking CB combo in the World is gonna do that)

How about... maybe putting together an attack capable of making fucking chances, taking people on, using space in wide areas to our advantage and SCORING MORE THAN 1 FUCKING GOAL AGAINST A SHIT DEFENCE?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Not sure why it's even a debate any more. Sure, our defence could technically be better but which team doesn't $#@!ing gift teams one chance in most games? Prime Barca had a joke of a defence but obviously actually getting at their D was a huge challenge in the first place. Our defence can't easily be improved upon. And to think, people were talking about all the CB pairings supposedly better than ours and including the likes of Cahill - Terry ffs :lol:

I'll tell you what's 100x more achievable than never letting your opposition get a shot on goal every game (Because no $#@!ing CB combo in the World is gonna do that)

How about... maybe putting together an attack capable of making $#@!ing chances, taking people on, using space in wide areas to our advantage and SCORING MORE THAN 1 $#@!ING GOAL AGAINST A $#@! DEFENCE?
I have to agree on this.The more pressure we apply offensively speaking, the beter for our defenders.
Its a fact we usually do not receive gazzilions goals every game.. in fact we mostly receive one weird goal form time to time...which is not that bad.

Our real problem is tha we cant score for shid.. and our offense doesnt apply enought pressure to make enemies think twice before compromising in attack...or making them nervous about what we could do to them if they take risks.

But the main thing is to score and score everytime we have a chance to. This will ease a lot the pressure on our aging D-line.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Not sure why it's even a debate any more. Sure, our defence could technically be better but which team doesn't $#@!ing gift teams one chance in most games? Prime Barca had a joke of a defence but obviously actually getting at their D was a huge challenge in the first place. Our defence can't easily be improved upon. And to think, people were talking about all the CB pairings supposedly better than ours and including the likes of Cahill - Terry ffs :lol:

I'll tell you what's 100x more achievable than never letting your opposition get a shot on goal every game (Because no $#@!ing CB combo in the World is gonna do that)

How about... maybe putting together an attack capable of making $#@!ing chances, taking people on, using space in wide areas to our advantage and SCORING MORE THAN 1 $#@!ING GOAL AGAINST A $#@! DEFENCE?
Listen to the guy he's spot on. I'd +rep you but I have to spread first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)