[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (21 Viewers)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think that is actually excellent news, we need time to find our form before we play these games
It comes down to wondering if our injuries and disorganization would be more of a problem in the first half or the second.

The first half is already making a strong case...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
It comes down to wondering if our injuries and disorganization would be more of a problem in the first half or the second.

The first half is already making a strong case...
2nd half imo...we're playing so awful in the 2nd (genoa, bologna)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I know this formation may have been posted zillion times, but I will post it again because I'm bored.

Buffon

Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso

Melo Sissoko

Camoranesi Diego Giovinco

Trezeguet​
this is how you make them busy.. just attack it's the only way to win big games like this.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Can't believe we're having to wait till next weekend for this game, bah.

I want us to bounce back quickly. Bloody international games.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Given all the injuries, etc., we could use the week off, IMO.
Yea I know, and that makes sense, but I hate having to wait this long before another match after a really poor display. Need something to wash it away.

Since we've already qualified for the WC2010, I'll have to get my joy from watching Portugal not qualify. :xfinger:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Wait and see

Channel 4

Juventus may be struggling at this moment in time, but Serafino Ingardia still expects them to be fighting for Lo Scudetto this term
We’re only seven games into the new season and Ciro Ferrara is rapidly discovering how difficult it is to Coach a club like Juventus.

The Bianconeri didn’t have a bad start to the season. On the contrary, they collected successive wins in the capital against firstly Roma and then Lazio. However, a few false steps later and they are on the verge of a crisis which could jeopardise their entire campaign.

Last Sunday’s unexpected defeat in Palermo came after three successive draws, including a disappointing stalemate at home to Bologna when a late equaliser cost them victory.

Juve have clearly been struggling and the 4-3-1-2 formation is being cited as the main cause of their troubles. But rather than blaming Ferrara’s strategy, fans as well as pundits should focus on different factors.

The Bianconeri have suffered so many injuries which have undoubtedly stopped their growth in a delicate time. The list is long and cannot be underestimated. Starting from Momo Sissoko to Fabio Cannavaro, Alex Del Piero, Claudio Marchisio and Diego, Ferrara has had to reshuffle things and make do without some of his best men.

Then there is the Brazilian issue which has affected them. While Diego needs time to settle – we will see the best of him by January or so – Amauri has been inconsistent in front of the net. The former Rosanero last scored over eight months ago, but you have to credit him for his efforts. Meanwhile, Felipe Melo is also under pressure. He may not be worth £22m, but there is talent which will eventually come through.

There is also the collateral damage relating to the boardroom. Giovanni Cobolli Gigli will soon be replaced by Jean-Claude Blanc at the helm of the club. The lack of a strong and protective President is undoubtedly a hindrance.

But the Bianconeri must remain hopeful because their problems could soon vanish. They need time to adjust but they remain genuine contenders for the Scudetto. Once their injury list is cleared and the Brazilian trio start working efficiently then they will become a side to fear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)