[Serie A] Juventus 1 - 1 Fiorentina, Saturday Oct 17th, 2009 (3 Viewers)

Juve - Fiorentina : Matchday 8 - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Cannavaro

• Chiellini

• Grosso

• Melo

• Poulsen

• Sissoko

• Diego

• Iaquinta

• Amauri

• Camoranesi

• De Ceglie

• Trezeguet

• Ferrara

Results are only viewable after voting.

HCsquared

May 24, 2009
IMO. We need a deadlier striker. we miss a lot of scoring chances. very disappointed that we are only relying on Iaquinta and Amauri.
We do have deadlier strikers though. One is injured, and the other one came on at 85min.

Honestly I like Amauri (Iaquinta too since he's on Juve), but they are only about 2 years younger than Trezeguet. They are not the future, and at the present I can't understand why Trezeguet doesn't start.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
First and foremost, Iaquinta and Amauri miss too many chances. That's it. One or both have to be dropped, and again, Trezeguet is a must in the official team sheet. We had three clear-cut chances to score and squandered them all in the first 20 minutes. And after that, the midfield offered very little service and those two up top can't even score when they have it, so that means major problems. They can't even create their own chances themselves because they are one-dimensional strikers who only see forward.

Everyone believes that the team relies too much on Diego. But I offer them this point: we have relied on Del Piero for too long, and that's the real problem. Without Alex in the team, we have zero creativity and sense in the forward line, so the burden lies with Diego and the fullbacks to create chances. When we have essentially three defensive midfielders out there from the start, we will always have this problem, and will be easily shut down.

Just take a look at the right side of the pitch -- with Sissoko and Grygera out there, we created nothing from that side in the first half. It was only when Camoranesi came on that things started to change on the right, even if he was poor. And even with three defensive midfielders, Viola STILL had various chances, so this myth of fielding as many DM's as possible improves the defense is quite ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I think Ferrara's changes today is a testament to our mentality this season. Not only were they Ranieri-like in nature, the substitutions were untimely and cowardly for a match in front of our own fans. It would be one thing if this was in Florence, but if we are at home making substitutions that are clearly negative, I will NEVER accept them. Never. I am not a student of the pussy school of football. You play the game to win, goddamnit.

Buffon - 6

Grygera - Just useless with the ball, poor defensively, same old stuff. 5

Cannavaro - 6.5

Chiellini - Made a few good tackles. 6.5

Grosso - Did well to get up the flank in the first half and put in some good crosses that were squandered by the strikers. 6.5

Poulsen - His best match of the season thus far. Did well defensively and made simple, accurate passes, plus had a secondary assist on the goal. Much, much better. 7

Melo - Once again he continues to make absolutely boneheaded decisions around our own box. It was on two occasions tonight, dribbling the ball out and passing it to the top of the box, both of which could have been goals for Viola. He NEEDS to stop doing this nonchalant crap around our area. He's not learning. 5.5

Sissoko - Good defensively, poor with the ball. Same old crap. How this guy played as a striker in his career with his passing ability actually gives me hope as a pro footballer. 5.5

Diego - I thought he was great away from the goal, making constructive passes out wide. But around the area, he messed up a bit. He still seems out of sorts, and that makes me worry. He's clearly not happy with himself, too. He'll get it right. 6

Amauri - He always does well holding up the ball, but that's all he's doing well right now. Still doesn't add much. 6

Iaquinta - Bench him, now. All he does is miss chances and then when he scores the 5th, he's the new Ronaldo. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve to play when he misses three chances in a row that I could have scored. Start Trez. He doesn't add anything apart from missed chances anyway. 5

Camoranesi - Not himself. 5.5

De Ceglie - Meh. NA

Trezeguet - NA

Ferrara - Ciro gets the zero. Jack was right, he got outsmarted by Prandelli. 0

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
wrong:

Trezeguet, natural striker, wants to play, takes every chance he is given, and scores yet players like IAQUINTA and AMAURI start ahead of him.
ok thats something i agree with. seriously i tihink ferrera is too pro italian national team! He is delibrately giving the italian nationals chances to play more often (Amauri is soon to b italian)...just look at giovinco, he isnt in the italian team, therefore ferrera doesnt play him at all!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's at least try to be balanced:

Good News:
* The Chiellini/Cannavaro CB partnership largely worked well today
* Sissoko is back and showed good presence throughout the match
* We mostly dominated possession
* Poulsen was the Man of the Match

Bad News:
* Our forwards are a mess: if we could finish today, we would have won 4-1
* We've dropped 11 points in our last 5 matches now
* Ferrara still seems clueless on his subs when the team is under pressure
* Our wingbacks are still a gaping talent hole
* Poulsen was the Man of the Match

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
First and foremost, Iaquinta and Amauri miss too many chances. That's it. One or both have to be dropped, and again, Trezeguet is a must in the official team sheet. We had three clear-cut chances to score and squandered them all in the first 20 minutes. And after that, the midfield offered very little service and those two up top can't even score when they have it, so that means major problems. They can't even create their own chances themselves because they are one-dimensional strikers who only see forward.

Everyone believes that the team relies too much on Diego. But I offer them this point: we have relied on Del Piero for too long, and that's the real problem. Without Alex in the team, we have zero creativity and sense in the forward line, so the burden lies with Diego and the fullbacks to create chances. When we have essentially three defensive midfielders out there from the start, we will always have this problem, and will be easily shut down.

Just take a look at the right side of the pitch -- with Sissoko and Grygera out there, we created nothing from that side in the first half. It was only when Camoranesi came on that things started to change on the right, even if he was poor. And even with three defensive midfielders, Viola STILL had various chances, so this myth of fielding as many DM's as possible improves the defense is quite ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I think Ferrara's changes today is a testament to our mentality this season. Not only were they Ranieri-like in nature, the substitutions were untimely and cowardly for a match in front of our own fans. It would be one thing if this was in Florence, but if we are at home making substitutions that are clearly negative, I will NEVER accept them. Never. I am not a student of the pussy school of football. You play the game to win, goddamnit.

Buffon - 6

Grygera - Just useless with the ball, poor defensively, same old stuff. 5

Cannavaro - 6.5

Chiellini - Made a few good tackles. 6.5

Grosso - Did well to get up the flank in the first half and put in some good crosses that were squandered by the strikers. 6.5

Poulsen - His best match of the season thus far. Did well defensively and made simple, accurate passes, plus had a secondary assist on the goal. Much, much better. 7

Melo - Once again he continues to make absolutely boneheaded decisions around our own box. It was on two occasions tonight, dribbling the ball out and passing it to the top of the box, both of which could have been goals for Viola. He NEEDS to stop doing this nonchalant crap around our area. He's not learning. 5.5

Sissoko - Good defensively, poor with the ball. Same old crap. How this guy played as a striker in his career with his passing ability actually gives me hope as a pro footballer. 5.5

Diego - I thought he was great away from the goal, making constructive passes out wide. But around the area, he messed up a bit. He still seems out of sorts, and that makes me worry. He's clearly not happy with himself, too. He'll get it right. 6

Amauri - He always does well holding up the ball, but that's all he's doing well right now. Still doesn't add much. 6

Iaquinta - Bench him, now. All he does is miss chances and then when he scores the 5th, he's the new Ronaldo. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve to play when he misses three chances in a row that I could have scored. Start Trez. He doesn't add anything apart from missed chances anyway. 5

Camoranesi - Not himself. 5.5

De Ceglie - Meh. NA

Trezeguet - NA

Ferrara - Ciro gets the zero. Jack was right, he got outsmarted by Prandelli. 0
97.5% :tup:

arc

Mar 11, 2004
ok thats something i agree with. seriously i tihink ferrera is too pro italian national team! He is delibrately giving the italian nationals chances to play more often (Amauri is soon to b italian)...just look at giovinco, he isnt in the italian team, therefore ferrera doesnt play him at all!
:sergio:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
honestly i think this is a good result and people here are giving it way more than it deserves. i think ferrara played his subs well and the one that seems to have turned some people here into his enemies was a correct sub. if u guys have;nt noticed juventus tends to concede in the last 15 mins of the second half and it was only right that he sends in dc to help with the defending considering he reverted into a 4-4-2 system and it payed off hence the draw. yes it would've been nice to go for the win but a draw after a poor game against palermo is in my honest opinion a good place to start after the international break.

now we go on to giovinco, i think most of the members who seem to mention him in every post need to face reality GIOVINCO is no saviour. he wont magically get on the field and turn into the guy who scores the winning goal for us. giovinco yes as talented as he is, is just not ready physically to break his way into this team. i think it would be in our best interest to actually loan him come jan so he can gain more expierence and may be then he would be ready to get his starting place at juventus, until then i dont see why alot of members here keep mentioning him every single game.

diego being poor!! ok the thing i know is this, nearly all of us begged that he come to juve and now that he is here we dont have the courtesy of giving him time to adjust to our team!! i mean come on its not like zidane stepped in and amazed the world in his first season, the same applies to nedved who toke a good while to win every one over. so i think diego should be given time and i'm sure he will blast into life soon.

melo is a great player, with amazing abilities but just needs to concentrate the entire 90 mins and i'm sure he will justify his hefty price tag which seems to be an important reason of debate over here for some wierd reason i can never understand as hard as i try.

i think we r alright and hopefully things will fall into there right place soon just give ferrara time and benefit of the doubt after all its his debut season as a manager at juve.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
trez was our in form striker

not to start him is just crazy
Drop it, Trezeguet is not a game changer. It's not like he is going to take the ball and make us play better. He can't really do anything for our game. He can score goals but in order for him to score those goals we need to play proper football.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
srsly we hav to stop relying on ITALIAN STRIKERS (other than delpiero)....the new breed of italian strikers are sucky! none of them are complete! i bet any strikers from africa nations would play better than iaquinta.....just look at players like rodallega (wigan) and jones (sunderland)....i'd rather have them playing for juve....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)