[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Chievo (March 3rd 2012) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Licht

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Padoin

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Former Juventus midfielder Massimo Mauro has criticised the club following their 1-1 draw with Chievo on Saturday.

The Old Lady have struggled in recent weeks to maintain their Scudetto charge and their failure to beat Chievo has allowed Milan to move three points clear at the top of the table.
“Juventus have lost what had been their strength this season – humility,” the now pundit told Sky Sport Italia.
“There is no longer that desire to run for teammates, to help themselves, to play with that high rhythm that we had previously seen.
“I’m not convinced by the management of the team either and I think boss Antonio Conte has probably made some mistakes in his team selection.”
Juve took the lead against the Verona minnows at the weekend, but allowed the Flying Donkeys back into the game.
“I was at the stadium and the draw is worrying,” continued the ex-Napoli man.
“Mirko Vucinic is now a case to solve. He was jeered after he lost a ball, he didn’t try to win it back and that was in the build up to Chievo’s equaliser.
“It’s also embarrassing that Alessandro Matri isn’t being given any sort of service, I had never seen a Juventus side in such difficulty.
“It’s not a physical issue as the squad has running in their legs, they are just running badly, really badly.”
Juve do have a game in hand over the Rossoneri and will join the Diavolo at the top of the table with a win at Bologna on Wednesday.
He is so right in everything he said.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bit late, but anyway:

Not sure I'd be overly critical of any individual player for this result.

It was a really awful decision from Conte to play 4-4-2.

Pirlo and Marchisio had no chance to control the game because they were often playing against four Chievo players in that area. Being outnumbered in that area also presented Chievo with heaps of counter-attacking chances.

Not having control meant Juve couldn't control the tempo and whenever Juve aren't able to set a high tempo in a game to move the opposition around, it exposes the lack of creative, technically gifted players in the squad.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'd say fuck Drughi for the monkey chants I heard again, not because another team has better fans. I don't see what San Lorenzo have to do with Juventus. Those Argentine teams have fanatical support, which is nice, but San Lorenzo isn't Juventus from any perspective.

so juventus fans should only cheer for their team when they're winning? San lorenzo as i explained is a top team in Argentina, with huge following, they are facing relegation and lost at home to a rival, now the vid shows the whole stadium(not just the terraces) cheering on their team at the last minute of that game. We have a team which is overacheiving hasnt lost all year, and they jeer.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
but some of the mistakes, bad passes, bad tackles, bad running and marking by the players were really inexcusable
Meh.

The players were facing an uphill battle from the start due to the formation.

Also, Conte had spoken about having limited time to prepare for the game due to the international break.

Why, then, did he choose to play a formation that Juve haven't played in months rather than going with either of the two more regularly used systems?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
so juventus fans should only cheer for their team when they're winning? San lorenzo as i explained is a top team in Argentina, with huge following, they are facing relegation and lost at home to a rival, now the vid shows the whole stadium(not just the terraces) cheering on their team at the last minute of that game. We have a team which is overacheiving hasnt lost all year, and they jeer.
It happens with spoiled fans, I see it in England all the time. Maybe it's our new 'theatre' English-style stadium. But was this really a dig at Juventus fans or a plug for San Lorenzo? I've seen (and support one) teams who are in dire situations, and it can often create a siege mentality amongst the fans and a great atmosphere. It can go both ways of course, full of sarcasm or turn nasty.

I don't suppose our fans are much better or worse in terms of many fans of big European teams. Some of the big stadiums in England and Spain are like libraries until there is a chance or foul. I've seen better support in lower league games and even the MLS (Portland Timbers specifically) than I would in the majority of big stadiums.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It happens with spoiled fans, I see it in England all the time. Maybe it's our new 'theatre' English-style stadium. But was this really a dig at Juventus fans or a plug for San Lorenzo? I've seen (and support one) teams who are in dire situations, and it can often create a siege mentality amongst the fans and a great atmosphere. It can go both ways of course, full of sarcasm or turn nasty.

I don't suppose our fans are much better or worse in terms of many fans of big European teams. Some of the big stadiums in England and Spain are like libraries until there is a chance or foul. I've seen better support in lower league games and even the MLS (Portland Timbers specifically) than I would in the majority of big stadiums.

why would i plug a team i cant stand :D in fact only team in argentina that ahs an edge on wins vs Boca. But i give their fans major respect for cheering on their team in prolly their worst moment.

As for the reasons behind it, i think italy is slightly worse than the rest i remember lazio fans booing their team as they dimsantled their opposition 5-0, they booed every single goal. And with teh terraces no longer existing in big euro stadiums and teh price of tickets, it's more like going to the movies than it is a football game.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
why would i plug a team i cant stand :D in fact only team in argentina that ahs an edge on wins vs Boca. But i give their fans major respect for cheering on their team in prolly their worst moment.

As for the reasons behind it, i think italy is slightly worse than the rest i remember lazio fans booing their team as they dimsantled their opposition 5-0, they booed every single goal. And with teh terraces no longer existing in big euro stadiums and teh price of tickets, it's more like going to the movies than it is a football game.
Italy being one of the worst shouldn't be a surprise :D

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Didn't see the game but it sounds like Bradley had a great match. If it was anything like his performance against Italy, he has really cemented my spot as favorite US player. He had all the hard work, determination, and now he's got the brains to go with it.

Sucks for the draw though, Conte needs to stop fucking around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)