[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-1 Cagliari (15-Jan-2012) (1 Viewer)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Our old mentality is rearing it's ugly head again.....
:agree:

If this game wasn't a perfect example of us needing killer instinct upfront I don't know what is.

Thanks Marotta for bringing in Borriello, you really read our situation well.
:agree: & Marotta hasn't a scooby about the players we need.

Licht should have got a yellow card for bitching in the first half....
I hate to see this. It means our heads are going down & we're not concentrating on our play. When players do this, the team loses points, sometimes the game.

and why do we never try to shoot at the goal? vuci matri and co had several opportunities to shot at the goal but took to long or decided to pass or dribble or just lose it
I noticed that too! We were also sitting back on a one goal lead, which no team should ever do!

70% Possession! :sergio: We should have won this 6-0!
Guys, we did create enough 100% chances to win this game, in addition to some other good chances.

From the top of my head:
- the goal
- Vucinic's cross from the left found an open Pepe in the box. Pepe had time to choose where to head the ball but it was a bad header, easily saved.
- Del Piero's open header
- Vucinic from the left side blasted it wide from 3 meters.
- Krasic open shot
- Vidal's header in the end.

With the exception of Vidal's and Vucinic's chance, we created four 100% chances and we only converted one. We had enough chances so the blame is more on our converting rate than our creativity.
There was also PDC's shot which was on target until DP accidently ran into it.

As the season has progressed:

1 - Our passing has become slower - :agree:
2 - We are generally less lively - Some people perhaps!
3 - Our passing has become less creative - :agree:
4 - Our mentality has become more defensive - More negative rather than defensive.

My tuppence worth!

Juve scored in the seventh minute and then sat back until Cagliari scored. By then, Cagliari's spirits were raised and Juve had slipped back into their old habit of playing up to the opponent's PK area and then trying to pass the buck rather than try to score. This caused frustration in the ranks, and players started to lose their tempers and argue and b*tch. When this happens to a team, they lose the game & we did. We were lucky Cagliari did not win this match and that our closest rivals lost. Juve should have kept up the pressure and kept trying to score because, in the early part of the match, Cagliari were the team that were showing nerves & they would have cracked, not us!

1. Toni needs to get the players practicing their shooting & honing their skills. They need to practice long range shots ( about 20 metres).
2. Juve players need to stop passing the buck, when they're within range and shoot instead.
3. Juve must adopt a new rule: - "We must not sit back on a 1 or 2 goal lead." The opposition can easily score a couple of goals in a matter of a few minutes.
4. We need to be more positive & develop a goal scoring attitude. When teams are 3-4 goals up, they are less likely to lose their tempers with frustration. Fans like to see their favourite team score, so the fans won't mind the 'extra' goals.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:agree:

:agree: & Marotta hasn't a scooby about the players we need.

I hate to see this. It means our heads are going down & we're not concentrating on our play. When players do this, the team loses points, sometimes the game.

I noticed that too! We were also sitting back on a one goal lead, which no team should ever do!

70% Possession! :sergio: We should have won this 6-0!

There was also PDC's shot which was on target until DP accidently ran into it.

As the season has progressed:

1 - Our passing has become slower - :agree:
2 - We are generally less lively - Some people perhaps!
3 - Our passing has become less creative - :agree:
4 - Our mentality has become more defensive - More negative rather than defensive.

My tuppence worth!

Juve scored in the seventh minute and then sat back until Cagliari scored. By then, Cagliari's spirits were raised and Juve had slipped back into their old habit of playing up to the opponent's PK area and then trying to pass the buck rather than try to score. This caused frustration in the ranks, and players started to lose their tempers and argue and b*tch. When this happens to a team, they lose the game & we did. We were lucky Cagliari did not win this match and that our closest rivals lost. Juve should have kept up the pressure and kept trying to score because, in the early part of the match, Cagliari were the team that were showing nerves & they would have cracked, not us!

1. Toni needs to get the players practicing their shooting & honing their skills. They need to practice long range shots ( about 20 metres).
2. Juve players need to stop passing the buck, when they're within range and shoot instead.
3. Juve must adopt a new rule: - "We must not sit back on a 1 or 2 goal lead." The opposition can easily score a couple of goals in a matter of a few minutes.
4. We need to be more positive & develop a goal scoring attitude. When teams are 3-4 goals up, they are less likely to lose their tempers with frustration. Fans like to see their favourite team score, so the fans won't mind the 'extra' goals.
we cant afford that kind of player in the wintermercato with a dept of 90 million euro

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
we should've drawn with lecce at how we played, but the things turned bad for us here, where we needed the 3 points and we played better (chances)...it's still not the juve we dream of (against parma) but i'm optimistic. if we keep on playing like we played on the 1st half (and i have no idea why didn't we kept on playng like that in the 2nd one) we will take an epic battle with milan for the scudetto. all games are vital. all points are needed

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lethargic performance, disappointing outcome.

Bonnucci is an eyesore, and Pepe needs to be benched. Krasic has clearly lost it, and Pirlo was committing way too many errors.

The only positive that can be taken from this game is that we didn't lose. However, a draw is 2 points lost, and that is our 8'th draw this season. 16 points dropped! There were some games we clearly should've won, and yesterday's match was one of those.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Lethargic performance, disappointing outcome.

Bonnucci is an eyesore, and Pepe needs to be benched. Krasic has clearly lost it, and Pirlo was committing way too many errors.

The only positive that can be taken from this game is that we didn't lose. However, a draw is 2 points lost, and that is our 8'th draw this season. 16 points dropped! There were some games we clearly should've won, and yesterday's match was one of those.
Is that it???

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i am still smiling when i see the

"70% possession, we should win 6-0"

go tell all the teams who play a crap opponent that parks the bus to grind out a result

lets also not forget we are in italy, were crapteams are still pretty good tactically and defensive

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No, not yet! I'm just hoping it won't be a home loss :scared:

@ Zac: Should and did are two different things. We looked extremely pedestrian in the 2'nd half, so the 70% possession counts for shit! We only woke up in the last 10 minutes or so, when we felt the game was slipping away, and we risked dropping 2 points. Tbh, it could've been worse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)