[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 Bologna [27th August, 2023 18:30 CEST] (1 Viewer)

vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Call me crazy, but we should be after Verratti. He is not going to Saudis, but close to Galatasaray now.

Is massive upgrade over Mckennie, since we can move up Locatelli to CM and put Verratti in holding mid role.

Transfer fee should be negligible because PSG wants to get rid (if we lucky they might trade him for Pogba lol). Salary would be whole another issue tho. But he could be Pirlo type signing for us
PSG is letting him go? What are we waiting for

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Holy shit.

Our brand new system of attacking, and it only took one week for Serie A (Made in Italy) to figure it out enough for Bologna to set up and successfully nullify it :lol:
Just like last season we managed to completely lose all the momentum of our 3 at the back defensive solidity after that direct game against Napoli, i guess it was due to happen sooner or later with this new ‘revolutionary tactics’ involving Cambiaso also, only that most of us probably didn’t expect it this soon and definitely not against Bologna of all teams…

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Does anyone else feel like supporting Juve is just an old, bad habit now?

There's very little about the club that I recognise when I started supporting it (in Italy during Serie B season). We've been a lot worse in a footballing sense than we are now. But since the club 'modernised', focusing so much on marketing and boosting its share price, alienating the real fanbase with high ticket pricing and stadium bans (only time you hear the crowd is after a goal for about 2 minutes) - in a lot of ways, the club is now superficial.

It sounds stupid for a person that hasn't seen Juve play live in 15 years, but the lack of atmosphere at home games is a turn off. It symbolises how culturally sterile Juventus has become. Football fans, especially Italians, need to express themselves at games but the only options available to them these days are to buy tickets and merchandise and clap politely. Surely their passion motivates the club's members (coach and players especially) and contributes to the clubs identity. If there is such a thing as Juve DNA, it's definitely missing a chromosome.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

There's very little about the club that I recognise when I started supporting it (in Italy during Serie B season). We've been a lot worse in a footballing sense than we are now. But since the club 'modernised', focusing so much on marketing and boosting its share price, alienating the real fanbase with high ticket pricing and stadium bans (only time you hear the crowd is after a goal for about 2 minutes) - in a lot of ways, the club is now superficial.

It sounds stupid for a person that hasn't seen Juve play live in 15 years, but the lack of atmosphere at home games is a turn off. It symbolises how culturally sterile Juventus has become. Football fans, especially Italians, need to express themselves at games but the only options available to them these days are to buy tickets and merchandise and clap politely. Surely their passion motivates the club's members (coach and players especially) and contributes to the clubs identity. If there is such a thing as Juve DNA, it's definitely missing a chromosome.
Plenty of valid points, but nothing of which can not be undone… the ultras situation could be worked on if there was actual will to do so, which as a result can bring the atmosphere back at the stadium, seemingly an easy fix to a complicated issue if there wasn’t so much internal friction as well.

But make no mistake that the club has been the target of not only their own incompetence and poor decision making but also of multiple judiciary attacks and behind the scenes conspiracies designed to destabilize us, which as we can see have slowly and steadily worked, however i am sure we will rise up from this even if it might take a few more years to stabilize the ship and become a powerhouse again, the foundation for it is still there.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont even think its Juve, lately ive been totally loosing interest in football generally. Another weekend when i choose to do other things rather than watch football games tbf.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Definitely - cheering for Juve results in a lot of suffering.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What's the point of watching games? To enjoy the spectacle and to be entertained. When I was younger, it was about following the players I liked, copying their moves if I could, and talking about results with fellow supporters (or supporters of rival clubs) at school and Uni.

Now, I don't even care or like most of the players (save for a handful and that's in the entire footballing community), the quality of the product is trash, and I despise the coach and hope he'd fuck off. Therefore, there is no point. Does JJ generte money for me? No. Then why bother? There literally is no reason to watch our games anymore. That's honestly how I feel. I'd rather have a BBQ with my friends, watch a movie, go out drinking, do some work, or get some sleep.

Juventus used to be a priority, but they've now become an unwelcome and tiring distraction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)