[Serie A] Juventus 1-1 Bologna [27th August, 2023 18:30 CEST] (1 Viewer)

vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The story is a bad precedence. They wrote about missed Bologna penalty but not for missed Juventus penalty. It's Corsport anyway.
They didn't consult armchair expert Post Ironic on the rabiot offside and Bologna handball in making that decision ?

I'm shocked! What do these refs even know compared to Post Ironic , who sleeps with rulebooks under his pillow.

It's obviously a conspiracy and they are out to get us . It's all on the ref that we managed to have 3 shots on target against the mighty Bologna at home.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They didn't consult armchair expert Post Ironic on the rabiot offside and Bologna handball in making that decision ?

I'm shocked! What do these refs even know compared to Post Ironic , who sleeps with rulebooks under his pillow.

It's obviously a conspiracy and they are out to get us . It's all on the ref that we managed to have 3 shots on target against the mighty Bologna at home.
:sergio:

Obsessed much? Mental illness off the charts.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
:sergio:

Obsessed much? Mental illness off the charts.
I'm just surprised that they didn't take into account your rabiot offside facts :lol:
From your armchair it doesn't look like the ball comes close to barely missing rabiot .
If they only had your armchair guide to refereeing they would se the error.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
i might have missed the memo, but we are all armchair experts here. what makes you NOT one? are you a professional referee?

also i remember you being confidently ignorant in finances, and i never called you anything derogatory
I don't remeber calling you armchair expert.
Why the sudden need to intervene?

I still play football, semi-pro, level 4th division.
I actually come across plays like these in games.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm just surprised that they didn't take into account your rabiot offside facts :lol:
From your armchair it doesn't look like the ball comes close to barely missing rabiot .
If they only had your armchair guide to refereeing they would se the error.
RUS 2.0 right here. So obsessed. The shambolic state of you. :lol:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Holier than thou? Self-awareness level zero, Mr Objective :lol3:
Xg yey or ney?:lol:
At least you saw your error and managed to backtrack quickly .
BTW beer league with real referees ,with medical visits, usually the stuff you see on TV on a way smaller scale .
Where did you play armchair guy . In you backyard with your friends where if you screamed the hardest you won the argument .
No wonder your such an expert.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't remeber calling you armchair expert.
Why the sudden need to intervene?

I still play football, semi-pro, level 4th division.
I actually come across plays like these in games.
it's like "my father's neighbor's regular guest was Puhl Sándor, former best ref of the world, i know more about football than you" (true story btw)

many of us played or are playing regular football here. you have zero right to call anyone armchair expert. you're one too.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
it's like "my father's neighbor's regular guest was Puhl Sándor, former best ref of the world, i know more about football than you" (true story btw)

many of us played or are playing regular football here. you have zero right to call anyone armchair expert. you're one too.
I doubt you ever played football and still call the bologna handball a penalty even after I showed you the rules.
You can argue bias in applying the rules, but that doesn't mean it's not a correct decision in not giving a penalty .

Continually coming with arguments that tries to make it as an unfair decision is what makes people armchair experts.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I doubt you ever played football and still call the bologna handball a penalty even after I showed you the rules.
You can argue bias in applying the rules, but that doesn't mean it's not a correct decision in not giving a penalty .

Continually coming with arguments that tries to make it as an unfair decision is what makes people armchair experts.
and i posted the explanation to the rules in italian which you conveniently ignored (support arm is fine if it's close to the body, otherwise it's a foul)
and someone posted you an _international ref (not corrupt shitty italian ref) awarding a rightful penalty in the cl for a very similar incident, which _nobody questioned back in may (?), but now you call it a bad decision based on your agenda
and i also voiced my personal opinion on the rule which you also ignored out of convenience and here you are talking the same dense bs

that makes you an armchair expert in your book i guess

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
and i posted the explanation to the rules in italian which you conveniently ignored (support arm is fine if it's close to the body, otherwise it's a foul)
and someone posted you an _international ref (not corrupt shitty italian ref) awarding a rightful penalty in the cl for a very similar incident, which _nobody questioned back in may (?), but now you call it a bad decision based on your agenda
and i also voiced my personal opinion on the rule which you also ignored out of convenience and here you are talking the same dense bs

that makes you an armchair expert in your book i guess
There are thousand of articles all over the net.
https://www.unisportstore.com/faq/wiki/handball-rules-in-football/

It is usually not a handball if

the ball makes contact with the arm/hand in a so-called “natural position”

the ball accidentally makes contact with a defender’s hand/arm inside their own penalty area from a deflection, a teammate’s clearance or similar

the ball makes contact with a player’s supporting arm/hand. A player that falls to the ground or goes into a sliding tackling needs to protect himself using the support of the arm. Therefore it is usually not a handball if the ball hits the supporting arm/hand. On the contrary, it can lead to a handball situation if a player goes into a sliding tackle with his arm extended without using it as support
(Where the hell do you see that the supporting arm needs to be close to the body in that sentence or do you like to make stuff up as you go along?)
Am I blind or something.
@Seven please com in here and translate the rules for us since I understand you have a degree in law.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There are thousand of articles all over the net.
https://www.unisportstore.com/faq/wiki/handball-rules-in-football/

It is usually not a handball if

the ball makes contact with the arm/hand in a so-called “natural position”

the ball accidentally makes contact with a defender’s hand/arm inside their own penalty area from a deflection, a teammate’s clearance or similar

the ball makes contact with a player’s supporting arm/hand. A player that falls to the ground or goes into a sliding tackling needs to protect himself using the support of the arm. Therefore it is usually not a handball if the ball hits the supporting arm/hand. On the contrary, it can lead to a handball situation if a player goes into a sliding tackle with his arm extended without using it as support
(Where the hell do you see that the supporting arm needs to be close to the body in that sentence or do you like to make stuff up as you go along?)
Am I blind or something.
@Seven please com in here and translate the rules for us since I understand you have a degree in law.

This is where you have to look: https://www.theifab.com/laws/latest/fouls-and-misconduct/#direct-free-kick

Section on handling:

"For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
  • scores in the opponents’ goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental
The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. If the goalkeeper handles the ball inside their penalty area when not permitted to do so, an indirect free kick is awarded but there is no disciplinary sanction. However, if the offence is playing the ball a second time (with or without the hand/arm) after a restart before it touches another player, the goalkeeper must be sanctioned if the offence stops a promising attack or denies an opponent or the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.".

The way I read it is that, if a player commits to a tackle, supporting his body with his arm is a natural body movement. Whether or not the arm is in close proximity to the rest of his body is not the defining factor. If the player uses his arm to support himself, it doesn't matter where it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)