[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Udinese (Dec. 1st 2013) (2 Viewers)

M.O.M

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 1, 2003
Buffon was outstanding.. so was barzagli who was a class above everyone else. Giorgio did well bonucci was ok barring that stupid attempt of a back pass.

Less can be said bout our midfield ie vidal and pogba who to me just looked exhausted. Marchisio did well but i think hes a step behind his teammates. Our wings were nonexistent thanks to dc and padoin, we played everything through the middle.

Credit where its due i thought udinese played really well. Disciplined, solid defending which was a pleasure albeit frustrating to see. Their counters were good too and toto dinatale's off the ball movement is dangerous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great result wit lots of positive signs regardless of how much we suffered. Our wingbacks were missing and key players tired. Add to that an early inury made things a lot difficult. Also I don't want to take any credit from Udinese who did a monster defending game, not the regular parking of the bus but doing it in a very smart way, doing the work on where were usually harm most.

Buffon 8

Barzagli 7.5
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 7

Padoin 5
Vidal 6
Pirlo N.R
Marchisio 7
De Ceglie 6

Tevez 5.5
Llorente 7.5

Pogba 5.5
Lichtsteiner 6.5
Quagliarella 6

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Would like to gibe the Motm to llorente, but I think that buff should get it by an inch for those cluthc saves. Also llorente got lost for big patches of the match.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
:sergio: @ Conte - in the 1st half he tried Pogba as deep lying midfielder, but we all knew, and now even Deschamps knew it, that Pogba don't have that kind of vision and passing ability to play at that position, in the 2nd half he mixed our midfield trio in all possible way and it was bad idea, look at Vidal he was almost dead in the last 10-15 minutes :sergio:

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Buffon was clearly the hero of the match, the second one was Llorente.

Still, I have to admit that Brkic did some fine saves.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
We suffered a lot. Conte had no game plan with Pirlo Injury. I'm sure if he didn't get injured, it would have been a different game. Pogba simply cant play in Pirlo's position. Not effective at all that deep back. Conte should have shifted to 433 with Pirlo's injury. Would have made life much easier. Thankfully, we got the goal at the end. It wasnt a pretty game at all.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Juventino[RUS];4379892 said:
:sergio: @ Conte - in the 1st half he tried Pogba as deep lying midfielder, but we all knew, and now even Deschamps knew it, that Pogba don't have that kind of vision and passing ability to play at that position, in the 2nd half he mixed our midfield trio in all possible way and it was bad idea, look at Vidal he was almost dead in the last 10-15 minutes :sergio:
Disagree about the reasoning as to why Pogba isn't suitable for the Pirlo role. I think it's more to do with patience to do the simple pass over and over again, he wants to be more involved in the attack and shoot or play that final pass that makes him unsuitable. It's the mentality, talent/vision-wise Pogba is not lacking.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Disagree about the reasoning as to why Pogba isn't suitable for the Pirlo role. I think it's more to do with patience to do the simple pass over and over again, he wants to be more involved in the attack and shoot or play that final pass that makes him unsuitable. It's the mentality, talent/vision-wise Pogba is not lacking.
No and no, it's not about patience, you should have great vision to always find you partner on the field, plus you should know how to give proper long range passes to the left and to the ring wings and Pogba's can't today on today, he should play much closer to attack line

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Tevez has been rather poor lately too, even when he last scored, he wasnt good overall in that game. He needs a rest.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
People are reluctant to admit when Tevez is playing poorly, because no matter how bad he's playing he's obviously still got his workrate. So people forget his bad decision making and remember him running 50 yards to get the ball back.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Juventino[RUS];4379892 said:
While Pogba might not lack much overall, he certainly does not have Pirlo's vision. Very few players could match that worldwide. The worst thing about Pogba in this position is his movement though. He was always stretched out to receive balls, which always pressured him to pass the ball quickly back and lost them on couple of occasions.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Tbh apart from the last 10 minutes we were aweful. No creative accent whatsoever, and some dangerous blunders at the back.

Thing got better after my man :chin: came on. Conte should have put him or the Vooch much earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)