[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Udinese (Dec. 1st 2013) (2 Viewers)

M.O.M

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yes, i forgot about the injuries But before that, how do they get tired to begin with? :undecide: Certainly 2 matches a week is something a professional athlete can do without a problem.

And even though i agree mid-table Italian teams make life hard for the top teams, more than any other league, surely the Football played in those 3 countries i mentioned is usually more based around speed and technicality almost ping-pong like and they seem to run much more than teams in Serie A.

Yet they seem to always play the same line up week in, week out. (Actually we've been doing that lately but i fear it's more because of injuries before anything else). Don't know, even if they don't work more than we do, how come you never seen them having a player benched because he's 'tired'? There are exceptions like resting a key player after a good 5 to 10 matches before an important one but still...
I don't know enough about sports science to really give an informed opinion about these things.

But most top sides do rotate fairly often.

There are exceptions (and sooner or later they tend to suffer for it), but I don't think there are all that many teams out there who expect a player to play at a rate of two games per week for very long before they are given a rest.

The English teams are certainly inclined to rotate if they have a squad that allows it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes, i forgot about the injuries But before that, how do they get tired to begin with? :undecide: Certainly 2 matches a week is something a professional athlete can do without a problem.

And even though i agree mid-table Italian teams make life hard for the top teams, more than any other league, surely the Football played in those 3 countries i mentioned is usually more based around speed and technicality almost ping-pong like and they seem to run much more than teams in Serie A.

Yet they seem to always play the same line up week in, week out. (Actually we've been doing that lately but i fear it's more because of injuries before anything else). Don't know, even if they don't work more than we do, how come you never seen them having a player benched because he's 'tired'? There are exceptions like resting a key player after a good 5 to 10 matches before an important one but still...

I think i know why.

The problem is that in serie A, 90% of the teams play a super defensive formation against us.. forcing us to do a lot of work to score and create chances..while our rivals just sit there waiting for us. Then games like the one today happen.

When you combine our limited offensive plans without pirlo.... whith our inability to hurt rival teams from the wings...we end up wasting too much energy trying to breakdown teams from the middle (where usually they fill with players)... and then trying to stop the inminents counter attacks. Our players end up running too much attacking and then recovering the ball in an never ending loop.

Our rivals lose the ball as much.. but theres no prob for them because most of them are already behind the ball in position to wait for us again, just leaving 2 or even just one player waiting for a long ball and wish for a fuk up from us.

TLDR: we waste too much energy trying to score, then trying to defend

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When pirlo is not there, we need to field another playmaker to counter this issue.

People hate diamanti.

But

Buffon

lichtsteiner - barzagli-bonucci - chiellini

vidal - marchisio - pogba

diamanti

tevez - llorente​

Would have cracked it.

And imagine if the CAM would be high quality

Jul 20, 2012
When pirlo is not there, we need to field another playmaker to counter this issue.

People hate diamanti.

But

Buffon

diamanti

tevez - llorente​

Would have cracked it.

I'm sorry but one playmaker isnt going to make this team tick. Our game flows through pirlo with someone as shitty as diamanti the team wouldnt improve. Now if you had someone like mata sure he would be a good cam option but we have no creativity in our midfield as of now without pirlo

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
easy there, you got me wrong

I'm talking about having diamanti as a bench option, comming in this game as the CAM. offcourse its an excellent example of a weaker team but Pirlo isnt supposed to go of in the first place.

And as i said, if we want to move on after Pirlo, the change shouldnt make the team weaker wich is a daunting task.

Mata could permanently replace pirlo. Gundogan could, verratti. Question is, who can we get ?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
3-5-2 without Pirlo against a parked bus is a nightmare

Factor in two wingers who couldn't attack if their lives depended on it (Padoin is an ok 3rd choice player though, PDC is just shit) and you have yourself a bad situation.

Stats mask the fact that we barely created any clear chances. Our game winner came off the back of a mis-hit ball and a header. Not something you can count on happening often at all.

As for why our players are always tired, it is worrying. I look around at all these top teams in their respective leagues who almost always field their best team and they look fine. Juve however..... we look dead on our feet at times.

Don't have enough information to go on without being in Juves day to day regime, but perhaps Conte is over-working them. Every time you see pics from our training there are players lying on the floor looking like they're about to pass out.

Jul 20, 2012
3-5-2 without Pirlo against a parked bus is a nightmare

Factor in two wingers who couldn't attack if their lives depended on it (Padoin is an ok 3rd choice player though, PDC is just $#@!) and you have yourself a bad situation.

Stats mask the fact that we barely created any clear chances. Our game winner came off the back of a mis-hit ball and a header. Not something you can count on happening often at all.

As for why our players are always tired, it is worrying. I look around at all these top teams in their respective leagues who almost always field their best team and they look fine. Juve however..... we look dead on our feet at times.

Don't have enough information to go on without being in Juves day to day regime, but perhaps Conte is over-working them. Every time you see pics from our training there are players lying on the floor looking like they're about to pass out.
You have to also remember that the big teams have already secured their place in the cl while we have forced ourselves into taking it to the last game and also remember conte is alot harded in the training. So when it comes jan and feb the players wills till be fit

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Fair point but we've looked so out of shape before CL was an issue

First few games come to mind, and the pre-season where we were hands down the most unfit team in World football :lol:

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #251

People hate diamanti.

But

Buffon

diamanti

tevez - llorente​

Would have cracked it.

:numnum:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

this, I've been wondering this since capello days, why serie a teams seem always get tired more than other european leagues despite playing slower and you know... 'conserving energy', I don't recall it was the case in the late 90s.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    I know :lol:

Like I said, sticking to 3-5-2 without our only creative midfielder is bad enough, but neither flank offered a shred of danger. It really was just playing through the middle against a parked bus. Which is a nightmare.

Imagine if we had Lavezzi or some other decent wide man stretching play, instead of DJ De Ceglie fumbling over the ball and getting raped by Basta.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    still. we need a real Crack on the wings to offer us more options and force teams to spread. Parking the bus in the middle and wait for us is waaaay too easy to pull of.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    What was the result?

- - - Updated - - -

We won even though we had them
    Barely. We were incredibly fortunate, and at one point, I actually thought we might lose this game as Udinese were dangerous on the counter. I am not defending Hustini's obsession with the 4-3-3, but DC and Padoin have no business wearing Juventus jerseys.

Olivaar

Nov 30, 2013
    Barely. We were incredibly fortunate, and at one point, I actually thought we might lose this game as Udinese were dangerous on the counter. I am not defending Hustini's obsession with the 4-3-3, but DC and Padoin have no business wearing Juventus jerseys.

Well, maybe as fans in the 10th row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)