[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Udinese (Dec. 1st 2013) (4 Viewers)

M.O.M

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Llorente

Results are only viewable after voting.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Few things I need to point out about this game.
First many of our players were tired ,especcially Vidal and Pogba and more-less Tevez even he works very hard.
One thing is a must.Just see this idiot De Ceglie.He touched the ball several times and two passes.He is a sample what a mediocre player is.You do not know what he was playinig.He was bad in offence and nowhere in defense .Padoin is a worse sample.With them Juve is playing with 9 players.We should sell them not in summer but now in January.Idiots.I can not understand Conte why he put Padoin instead of Caceres?
Whatever other member of the forum thinks Marchisio was bad today.He did nothing and he waste very good passing I think of LLorente.
And what to say about that idiotic error from Bonucci .The guy is just addicted to do such errors.I was really suprised how he did not made any mistake up to now this season.
All in all 3 points are three points and that is all what it counts.We did not played on the flanks due to abovementioned idiots(DC and Padoin).I really need Pepe.What is the situation about Pirlo?
We looked like a half team without him.Bravo for Gigi,Bravo

Buy on AliExpress.com

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
It was so obvious that with De Ceglie and Padion we played with 2 men down.
They are so useless, Conte almost lost 2 valuable points with his starting formation.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Wow...that was hard.i agree about players were tired,you could really that about Vidal,Pogba,Tevez.
Nive to have Licht back,and man Gigi saved us today and ofcourse EL REY LEON!!!!!!
What a winner!

Forza Juve!!!

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
After Quag shot i thought it's over, but then Llorente :touched:
Dat Licht cross :lol:

Very important 3 points, this kind of points win championships.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well that was crap.

I appreciate Juve were tired, but that just means you have to play more intelligently, especially against a team as dangerous on the break as Udinese.

Juve played a good opening 20 minutes, where they were moving the ball well and quickly and getting into a lot of dangerous situations, but failing to find the final ball or making a bad decision or - most of the time - trying something overly complicated instead of having a shot.

Then Udinese started to get to grips with the game. Got tighter to Llorente and closed up the gap between defence and midfield and the gap down the inside-left channel that Marchisio was operating in. Pirlo going off also really hurt Juve's ability to move the ball forward into dangerous areas.

In the second half it became apparent how poor Juve's physical condition was and they should have adjusted to that. You can continue to attack, but you have to be more careful about maintaining a balance to the team to avoid over-committing. Juve kept on brainlessly throwing themselves forward, despite not looking like getting a goal, and all that did was present Udinese with counter-attacking chances. If you are going to keep the wing backs so high up the pitch (and also have Chiellini driving forward a lot), surely you've got to keep a second midfielder behind the ball so that you can prevent counter-attacks and also improve your chance of retaining the ball and being able to build pressure.

Once it got to the final 10 minutes it was fine to keep pushing forward because Udinese were also tired by then and it was just a question of who had the desire and determination to get the result and, for all the stupidity in the performance, you certainly can't fault Juve's desire to win.

There are very few Juve players who you could say had a positive influence on the game. Some weren't harmful, but few made a positive contribution.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Other folk watching the BT coverage tonight?

Was very off-putting listening to the commentators speaking about Juventus struggling to break down Judinese.

Fuckwits.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Well that was crap.

I appreciate Juve were tired, but that just means you have to play more intelligently, especially against a team as dangerous on the break as Udinese.

Juve played a good opening 20 minutes, where they were moving the ball well and quickly and getting into a lot of dangerous situations, but failing to find the final ball or making a bad decision or - most of the time - trying something overly complicated instead of having a shot.

Then Udinese started to get to grips with the game. Got tighter to Llorente and closed up the gap between defence and midfield and the gap down the inside-left channel that Marchisio was operating in. Pirlo going off also really hurt Juve's ability to move the ball forward into dangerous areas.

In the second half it became apparent how poor Juve's physical condition was and they should have adjusted to that. You can continue to attack, but you have to be more careful about maintaining a balance to the team to avoid over-committing. Juve kept on brainlessly throwing themselves forward, despite not looking like getting a goal, and all that did was present Udinese with counter-attacking chances. If you are going to keep the wing backs so high up the pitch (and also have Chiellini driving forward a lot), surely you've got to keep a second midfielder behind the ball so that you can prevent counter-attacks and also improve your chance of retaining the ball and being able to build pressure.

Once it got to the final 10 minutes it was fine to keep pushing forward because Udinese were also tired by then and it was just a question of who had the desire and determination to get the result and, for all the stupidity in the performance, you certainly can't fault Juve's desire to win.

There are very few Juve players who you could say had a positive influence on the game. Some weren't harmful, but few made a positive contribution.
Red, that's what i never understood. Why do we always run into this problem? Why are our players always tired every 3 or 4 matches. I don't see this happening too often in Germany, England or Spain. And one could say their workrate is higher than ours in Serie A. Is it really Conte's hellish training sessions?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I would like you guys to take back these insults towards the Pado.

He's a limited player, who serves excellently as a reliable stopgap solution to the rightwing. If we arent playing against a parked bus, he does his defensive duty, but he cannot contribute as much offensively. Thats allright, you need such players to rotate.

However, because we had shit amongst men on the other side of the field, we effectively played with nonpresent wingers. its no surprise it went better when licht came on.

Simply said, we cannot play with padoin and the worst player in juve history, at the same time.

people saying Asamoah does nothing for the build up/offence, take note. TODAY, we actually had that situation. Pay attention to the diffrence next time awesomoah plays

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, that's what i never understood. Why do we always run into this problem? Why are our players always tired every 3 or 4 matches. I don't see this happening too often in Germany, England or Spain. And one could say their workrate is higher than ours in Serie A. Is it really Conte's hellish training sessions?
Dunno.

Juve have some injuries just now that have made it difficult to rotate the squad as they probably would have liked to over the last month or so.

I don't think other top sides work harder than Juve during games.

I don't know that Juve do suffer more from tiredness than other teams in general.

Could just be that teams in Serie A often display greater intelligence than their equivalent mid-table teams in other leagues with regards to taking advantage of the bigger team's tiredness.

:boh:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Other folk watching the BT coverage tonight?

Was very off-putting listening to the commentators speaking about Juventus struggling to break down Judinese.

Fuckwits.
I think Clive Allen was the co-commentator, he was the worst. Not sure who the main man was, but he Francofied Guidolin as well.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I would like you guys to take back these insults towards the Pado.

He's a limited player, who serves excellently as a reliable stopgap solution to the rightwing. If we arent playing against a parked bus, he does his defensive duty, but he cannot contribute as much offensively. Thats allright, you need such players to rotate.

However, because we had $#@! amongst men on the other side of the field, we effectively played with nonpresent wingers. its no surprise it went better when licht came on.

Simply said, we cannot play with padoin and the worst player in juve history, at the same time.

people saying Asamoah does nothing for the build up/offence, take note. TODAY, we actually had that situation. Pay attention to the diffrence next time awesomoah plays
Why do you hate De Ceglie so much? Sure, he has obivious limitations and shouldn't be seen anywhere near our strongest starting XI, but he is not useless, or "shit amongst men" as you make him out to be. He's the only one of our wingbacks who can actually cross, and is neither technically nor tactically totally inadequate. His defensive liabilities don't really matter against a team lik Udinese, and they haven't mattered today.

Obviously Asamoah is the better of the two by some margin, but he's an okayish squad player, and not much worse than Mr. Average, who I have found defending myself a few times.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
For me, this was the worst Juve game i have watched this season. It was hilarious. But we won, lets move on. Llorente MOM of course. De Ceglie, Marchisio and even Vidal were the worst players today in my book.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why do you hate De Ceglie so much? Sure, he has obivious limitations and shouldn't be seen anywhere near our strongest starting XI, but he is not useless, or "shit amongst men" as you make him out to be. He's the only one of our wingbacks who can actually cross, and is neither technically nor tactically totally inadequate. His defensive liabilities don't really matter against a team lik Udinese, and they haven't mattered today.

Obviously Asamoah is the better of the two by some margin, but he's an okayish squad player, and not much worse than Mr. Average, who I have found defending myself a few times.
De Ceglie is a defensive liability, and you cannot have those in an italian team thats based on solid formation

- - - Updated - - -

For me, this was the worst Juve game i have watched this season. It was hilarious. But we won, lets move on. Llorente MOM of course. De Ceglie, Marchisio and even Vidal were the worst players today in my book.
Did you watch the game, or just the score

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
OptaPaolo ‏@OptaPaolo 3 h
6 - Juventus have now kept 6 consecutive clean sheets in Serie A for the first time since September 2002. Resistant. #JuveUdinese

OptaPaolo ‏@OptaPaolo 1 h
15 - Carlos Tévez was involved in 15 shots today (8 attempted, 7 chances created), the joint-most in a Serie A game this term. Protagonist.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
OptaPaolo ‏@OptaPaolo 3 h
6 - Juventus have now kept 6 consecutive clean sheets in Serie A for the first time since September 2002. Resistant. #JuveUdinese

OptaPaolo ‏@OptaPaolo 1 h
15 - Carlos Tévez was involved in 15 shots today (8 attempted, 7 chances created), the joint-most in a Serie A game this term. Protagonist.
Because of set pieces i guess

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Dunno.

Juve have some injuries just now that have made it difficult to rotate the squad as they probably would have liked to over the last month or so.

I don't think other top sides work harder than Juve during games.

I don't know that Juve do suffer more from tiredness than other teams in general.

Could just be that teams in Serie A often display greater intelligence than their equivalent mid-table teams in other leagues with regards to taking advantage of the bigger team's tiredness.

:boh:

Yes, i forgot about the injuries But before that, how do they get tired to begin with? :undecide: Certainly 2 matches a week is something a professional athlete can do without a problem.

And even though i agree mid-table Italian teams make life hard for the top teams, more than any other league, surely the Football played in those 3 countries i mentioned is usually more based around speed and technicality almost ping-pong like and they seem to run much more than teams in Serie A.

Yet they seem to always play the same line up week in, week out. (Actually we've been doing that lately but i fear it's more because of injuries before anything else). Don't know, even if they don't work more than we do, how come you never seen them having a player benched because he's 'tired'? There are exceptions like resting a key player after a good 5 to 10 matches before an important one but still...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)