[Serie A] JUVENTUS 1-0 Calciopoli Directors [December 7th, 2018] (3 Viewers)

vote cazzo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
How is that relevant? Even Nottingham Forest have 2 CL's.
It is a bit relevant. Inter is nothing like Nottingham Forest as they won the CL only 8 years ago, which is a lot more recent than our last CL title.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they're a bigger CL team, because they're not. We have a lot more presence in CL given that we've reached the final a lot more times and constantly make it to the later stages of the competition.

But it does suck that they have one more CL title.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It is a bit relevant. Inter is nothing like Nottingham Forest as they won the CL only 8 years ago, which is a lot more recent than our last CL title.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they're a bigger CL team, because they're not. We have a lot more presence in CL given that we've reached the final a lot more times and constantly make it to the later stages of the competition.

:tup:
I know it sucks, but they're still nothing compared to Juve.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

That’s the result of calciopoli. Inter hadn’t played in a CL final since 1972 and hadn’t won Serie A since 1989. They used a manufactured scandal to spend their way into a brief spell of dominance and then crumbled back into irrelevance.

It sucks balls that it worked out for them and they pulled off a CL title with it, but that’s about it. Inter is a rather irrelevant club and no one seriously places their history anywhere near Juve’s.

I’m far more annoyed that we have failed so many times at the last step, especially being favoured for every match during the Lippi era. It’s up to this club to get it’s shit together in finals and make that last step.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

We'll match them soon. Have faith.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
We'll match them soon. Have faith.
I don't worry that much about Inter. We're gonna have more CL titles than them soon.

It's Milan that pisses me off the most. Catching up to them is gonna be a lot more difficult. Hopefully they'll stay irrelevant for at least half a century.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
inter basically had one (or two, no idea about how and if their rosters changed during those years) great generation(s), which got them to 4 CL finals in 8 years, in the 60s and early 70s. Obviously the competition wasnt as strong as it is now due to format and who got to play in it (they played Everton, Monaco, Partizan, Dortmund, Real, Dinamo Bucurest, Rangers, Liverpool, Benfica, Torpedo Moscow, Vasas Budapest, Real, CSKA Sofia, Celtic, AEK Athens, Gladbach, Standard Liege, Celtic, Ajax in their 4 trips to the final those years). Then the post calciopoli generation managed to win a CL. Other than that, they didnt have any noticable CL success during their history. If we look at all european competitions, they had some success in the 90s golden age of italian football when they couldnt sniff at the scudetto due to Milans and our dominance, and had to play in UEFA cup a lot, winning it 3 times and playing in the final once more.

So basically, they were really good at 3 points in their history in europe, 60s, 90s and 2010. We were much more consistent in euro cups overall, especially from 70s till mid 2000s

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
inter basically had one (or two, no idea about how and if their rosters changed during those years) great generation(s), which got them to 4 CL finals in 8 years, in the 60s and early 70s. Obviously the competition wasnt as strong as it is now due to format and who got to play in it (they played Everton, Monaco, Partizan, Dortmund, Real, Dinamo Bucurest, Rangers, Liverpool, Benfica, Torpedo Moscow, Vasas Budapest, Real, CSKA Sofia, Celtic, AEK Athens, Gladbach, Standard Liege, Celtic, Ajax in their 4 trips to the final those years). Then the post calciopoli generation managed to win a CL. Other than that, they didnt have any noticable CL success during their history. If we look at all european competitions, they had some success in the 90s golden age of italian football when they couldnt sniff at the scudetto due to Milans and our dominance, and had to play in UEFA cup a lot, winning it 3 times and playing in the final once more.

So basically, they were really good at 3 points in their history in europe, 60s, 90s and 2010. We were much more consistent in euro cups overall, especially from 70s till mid 2000s
Torpedo Moscow is an awesome name.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
In football your glorious history means something only if you maintain the same top level right now. Otherwise its value equals to zero. I.e. only your current success can validate your past success. Without current success your great history is just a bitter reminder of what you are not now.

Anybody cares about AC Milan today? They have 7 CL cups, by the way. Or 8, if you also count that ridiculously gigantic replica in their museum :lol:. But now they are just a mediocre club, and that CL badge with the number 7 on their shoulders looks rather like a mockery.

Even Liverpool are still not taken really seriously. They have 5 CL titles and played in the last final half a year ago. But it doesn't convince anyone, because they lack stability and don't maintain the top level in the long run.

Even Barcelona look kind of "meh" today, because they failed to reach late stages of the Champions League tournament in the last few years.

Even Real Madrid, who won the last 3 Champions Leagues but now play like shit, are quickly losing their reputation.

Football club's history value expires very quickly if you don't renew it timely.

So... Inter :lol:?

Last edited:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Imagine how fired up the GOAT might be on Friday night. This will be the first time in his life when he plays against a club that viciously tarnished the reputation of his current club. Considering how ambitious Ronaldo is, he probably won't lose a chance of humiliating them single-handedly and thus instantly becoming a Juventus legend.

Wouldn't like to miss this show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)