[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Napoli [April 22nd, 2018] (2 Viewers)

FIRE/SELL

• Allegri Y

• Allegri N

• Dybala Y

• Dybala N

• Higuain Y

• Higuain N

• Marotta Y

• Marotta N

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Insigne: Juve used to losing Finals!
By Football Italia staff

Lorenzo Insigne was asked about Juventus approaching their 1-0 defeat to Napoli as a Final. “They’re used to losing them…”

Insigne’s Napoli closed the gap on Juventus at the top of Serie A to a point thanks to a late Kalidou Koulibaly header on Sunday, and the forward laid further into the Bianconeri after the game.

“Did Juve approach the game like a Champions League Final and lose it?” a reporter asked the 26-year-old in the mixed zone.

Insigne replied: “They’re used to it!”

His remarks referred to the fact that Juve had lost their last four Champions League Finals, in 1997, 2003, 2015 and 2017.
They even missed one final :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Looks like the end of an era, which can be a good thing if approached in the correct manner.

Juve need to look for solutions in the transfer market, rather than band aids. If you guys can get that guy from Lazio and keep Matuidi and Pjanic, that's a pretty good start.

sonny

Apr 8, 2018
This last 4 games will be the test of our character. I still believe we will win it.

This could be the toughest title we will win. If we could beat the impossible 2 season ago when we lost our 1st home game in the season but still become champion.

It still us in front of them in the standing for now, and everything is up to us. Even when it means we need to beat Inter and Roma away. We can do it if we are meant to be the Champion of Italy
The BIG difference of this season and the one 2 years ago was the motivation and Allegri's credibility over his players. And of course the quality of playing.

That's why we've lost the league this time.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Looks like the end of an era, which can be a good thing if approached in the correct manner.

Juve need to look for solutions in the transfer market, rather than band aids. If you guys can get that guy from Lazio and keep Matuidi and Pjanic, that's a pretty good start.
Why is it that eras never end with a win?

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
Why on Earth does koulibaly still play in nipples?

How Come every prl team splash crazy amount for defenders, but not him?

I admit i dont see him every week, but When i do he is pure class. Monster, and pretty decent with ball to.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Back when we fought to the death for a win now we play at home for a draw.
back then we had plenty of italian players who knew what it meant to wear the jersey.

on sunday, after chiellini's injury, our 40-year-old keeper was the only italian left in our team. a couple of years ago, we had plenty of italian players either tied to the club (buffon, chiellini, marchisio) or who were completely aware of what juve is in italy (barza, bonucci, pirlo, or even matri). i remember a coppa game against avellino when conte was able to start the match with 9 italians (+ caceres, asa). this team moved far away from its roots i guess.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
back then we had plenty of italian players who knew what it meant to wear the jersey.

on sunday, after chiellini's injury, our 40-year-old keeper was the only italian left in our team. a couple of years ago, we had plenty of italian players either tied to the club (buffon, chiellini, marchisio) or who were completely aware of what juve is in italy (barza, bonucci, pirlo, or even matri). i remember a coppa game against avellino when conte was able to start the match with 9 italians (+ caceres, asa). this team moved far away from its roots i guess.
That's such a gross exaggeration. We have won multiple league titles and reached CL finals without many Italian starters.

Stupid tactics from the coach has nothing to do with a team moving away from its 'roots'. There is scarcity of quality Italian players atm so the next best thing to do is to get talent from abroad to keep the team competitive.

I don't know what people want. Should Juve load the line-up with 11 Italian players and boast about it's 'roots' or do people want Juventus to win ? which it has been doing for the past 6 years with or without Italian players

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Ronaldo and Messi have been holding their respective clubs back for years, should have been replaced with Suso and Michu respectively.

Whilst we're at it, we should have persisted with Matri - Giovinco.

enough with this 'wE neEd iTAliAnZ" mentality please. We need the best players for each position and role, in case you haven't noticed the best team Italy can muster up is fucking awful and would finish maybe 6th in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

Why on Earth does koulibaly still play in nipples?

How Come every prl team splash crazy amount for defenders, but not him?

I admit i dont see him every week, but When i do he is pure class. Monster, and pretty decent with ball to.
Until now, nobody spoke of Napoli other than in passing in England (Source: I live here sadly)

But this season, there's been a lot of jacking off where Napoli are concerned. Expect their MVPs to mostly be gone in the next 2 seasons.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If anything , the ones holding us back in the CL this year were the old Italians. If not for the foreign talent we have bought over the years, I don't think we'd be making 2 finals. There's no way you can really point a finger at them for their supposed lack of 'pride' for wearing this jersey. Allegri set up the team to play for a draw and the players followed his instructions. Simplez

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ronaldo and Messi have been holding their respective clubs back for years, should have been replaced with Suso and Michu respectively.

Whilst we're at it, we should have persisted with Matri - Giovinco.

enough with this 'wE neEd iTAliAnZ" mentality please. We need the best players for each position and role, in case you haven't noticed the best team Italy can muster up is fucking awful and would finish maybe 6th in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

Until now, nobody spoke of Napoli other than in passing in England (Source: I live here sadly)

But this season, there's been a lot of jacking off where Napoli are concerned. Expect their MVPs to mostly be gone in the next 2 seasons.
Yes, Juventus as a club needs to stop worrying about Italy.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we also need loyal players who are willing to give their all for the jersey. ronaldo would not need extra motivation for any showdown, while benatia's lack of concentration cost us dearly on multiple occasions lately. allegri didn't tell him to let koulibaly break free or watch the crotone guy's bicycle kick as a well-payed spectator. khedira played great against real, was piss poor and lethargic against napoli. licht's introduction turned the spurs tie around, he gave away countless of balls on sunday.

of course we can't have a team full of italians. but juve always had a strong italian core, which vanished over the last couple of seasons. i do have great expectations about caldara and bernardeschi for next season, though. these guys might also be more loyal to the club than mercenaries like alex sandro, pogba or fucking dani alves who left the club because nobody understood him. and yes, bonucci can screw himself, too.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
we also need loyal players who are willing to give their all for the jersey. ronaldo would not need extra motivation for any showdown, while benatia's lack of concentration cost us dearly on multiple occasions lately. allegri didn't tell him to let koulibaly break free or watch the crotone guy's bicycle kick as a well-payed spectator. khedira played great against real, was piss poor and lethargic against napoli. licht's introduction turned the spurs tie around, he gave away countless of balls on sunday.

of course we can't have a team full of italians. but juve always had a strong italian core, which vanished over the last couple of seasons. i do have great expectations about caldara and bernardeschi for next season, though. these guys might also be more loyal to the club than mercenaries like alex sandro, pogba or fucking dani alves who left the club because nobody understood him. and yes, bonucci can screw himself, too.
You are just looking for reasons to bash foreign players at the club just so you could get your point across.

Buffon and Chiellini's collective blunder led to one of the greatest goals in CL and subsequently a 3-0 lead which is what lost us the tie in the first place. Why are you not mentioning that ? But it's all Benatia's fault because apparently he doesn't have the 'spirit' of the Italians to play for this club.

If the players are unmotivated and showing a lack of effort , that's down to the coach to fix that. Stop trying to push an agenda when there's no need for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly Juventus should maintain the tradition but it should not be compromised at the expense of quality. The older players no longer have the legs or the motivation and it's time we overhauled our squad with new additions.

- - - Updated - - -

-Khedira and Cuadrado was responsible for our comeback win against Milan

-Dybala's winner against Lazio is why there is still a race atm in the first place

-Douglas Costa isnt certainly short of motivation when he plays in Serie A who now helps the team defend by tracking back

What motivation do you need ? Can we just admit some of our players don't have the legs/are past it and just need to be replaced? Having more Italians wouldn't be effecting the outcome differently no matter which way you look at it.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
If anything , the ones holding us back in the CL this year were the old Italians. If not for the foreign talent we have bought over the years, I don't think we'd be making 2 finals. There's no way you can really point a finger at them for their supposed lack of 'pride' for wearing this jersey. Allegri set up the team to play for a draw and the players followed his instructions. Simplez
So about 2 of 11 players, which includes Chiellini who is our best performer, are the ones holding us back in CL?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So about 2 of 11 players, which includes Chiellini who is our best performer, are the ones holding us back in CL?
Buffon , Barzagli and Chiellini

All of them have started in important CL games

The former two should retire while the latter should occupy the bench

This was in response to the other person correlating our loss in form to us moving away from our 'roots'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)