[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-0 Inter [December 9th 2017] (10 Viewers)

vote

• Cuadrado

• Benatia

• Asamoah

• Mandzukic

• Matuidi

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Usually I find myself amused at hilarious comments like we should fire Allegri. We're indeed lucky to have him, but no coach is perfect, and Saturday was a bad day at the office for Allegri.

He played the 433 (great idea), neutralized their strengths (flanks, set pieces), and guarded against their physicality & our fatigue with 5 in the middle like a good Italian coach...but didn't start Marchisio, started with an unbalanced left flank & kept it that way, and didn't make the sub that was needed at the hour mark.

Had he gotten any of those right, we would've won the game. He played for the 1-0, and on another day, we might have won, but couple of poor selections were obvious before the ball was kicked, and his game mgmt. in 2nd half was strange when Inter was there for the taking. You could say strange post-game reaction too ("better than I thought"). This was on the same level as taking Morata out vs Bayern & continuing to play Evra vs them, just not as important.

I don't know what's going on with Alex Sandro, but I don't get why Marchisio isn't getting playing time either.

Inter looked the 3rd best team on paper, and this game confirmed they are the 3rd best. Two points lost here doesn't change much in terms of the scudetto race, but that doesn't mean we should voluntarily drop points in games.

Napoli & Roma ensured Sunday wasn't gonna be ruined either. This is exactly why they won't be winning the title anytime soon. In Serie A, they look like us in CL finals.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
@pavluska

Inter was not there for taking, juve made them look that way, we dominated and plainly overrun them in the second half even when while we plahyed a crucial CL game midweek.
Claudio imo doesn't play because looks like it's impossible to play him and Pjanic at the same time. Pjanic is not that good when he doesn't play deep and looks like Claudio doesn't have legs(yet?) to overrun people.
Ball just didn't go in the net, sometimes this happens.
The point is, Inter and Napoli might be at their peak form, and we made them look like midtable midgets. While Juve is underperforming and have two of the best Seria A players riding the bench (not even talking about Costa and Berna).

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Usually I find myself amused at hilarious comments like we should fire Allegri. We're indeed lucky to have him, but no coach is perfect, and Saturday was a bad day at the office for Allegri.

He played the 433 (great idea), neutralized their strengths (flanks, set pieces), and guarded against their physicality & our fatigue with 5 in the middle like a good Italian coach...but didn't start Marchisio, started with an unbalanced left flank & kept it that way, and didn't make the sub that was needed at the hour mark.

Had he gotten any of those right, we would've won the game. He played for the 1-0, and on another day, we might have won, but couple of poor selections were obvious before the ball was kicked, and his game mgmt. in 2nd half was strange when Inter was there for the taking. You could say strange post-game reaction too ("better than I thought"). This was on the same level as taking Morata out vs Bayern & continuing to play Evra vs them, just not as important.

I don't know what's going on with Alex Sandro, but I don't get why Marchisio isn't getting playing time either.

Inter looked the 3rd best team on paper, and this game confirmed they are the 3rd best. Two points lost here doesn't change much in terms of the scudetto race, but that doesn't mean we should voluntarily drop points in games.

Napoli & Roma ensured Sunday wasn't gonna be ruined either. This is exactly why they won't be winning the title anytime soon. In Serie A, they look like us in CL finals.
Dude, you're too oppertunistic. Mandzukic had 2 or 3 100% chances he didn't take. The draw isn't that much on Allegri as it is on Mandzukic. Should he had scored, we wouldn't be having this talk about Allegri and we'd praise him dacdical flow.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dude, you're too oppertunistic. Mandzukic had 2 or 3 100% chances he didn't take. The draw isn't that much on Allegri as it is on Mandzukic. Should he had scored, we wouldn't be having this talk about Allegri and we'd praise him dacdical flow.
pavluska is right, he made the mistake to start Asamoah and failed to make subs at the right time when we were dominating in the 2nd half before we burned out. that we were close to winning despite that speaks about how good his gameplan was and how good of a team we are, but he still failed at some details to the game

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@pavluska
Inter was not there for taking, juve made them look that way, we dominated and plainly overrun them in the second half even when while we plahyed a crucial CL game midweek.
You're contradicting yourself there.

And it doesn't matter if they could've done better or we played well or both (it was both), point remains that they were there for the taking and we could've & should've won.

Our players did play well & did what the tactics and roles demanded. Only Mario lacked sharpness in front of goal, but he just got back from injury.

On another day, we could've won 1-0, but in this game we didn't, and it was down to certain coaching decisions. Players had nothing to do with it (bar Mario's finishing).

Claudio imo doesn't play because looks like it's impossible to play him and Pjanic at the same time. Pjanic is not that good when he doesn't play deep and looks like Claudio doesn't have legs(yet?) to overrun people.
Marchisio can play in both Pjanic's (regista) and Khedira's (B2B) roles. Pjanic did play deep. According to everyone who watched that game, Marchisio played very well and looked in good shape physically in the last game he started.

I wanted Marchisio to start in half-fit Pjanic's place btw even though half-fit Pjanic is better than Khedira in current form. That's because Khedira is useful in the box for defending set pieces, one of Inter's strengths. In the end, that didn't matter b/c we hardly gave them any corners or FKs. Khedira should've been subbed off sooner and for the right player.

The point is, Inter and Napoli might be at their peak form, and we made them look like midtable midgets. While Juve is underperforming and have two of the best Seria A players riding the bench (not even talking about Costa and Berna).
I'm not following this line of thinking, don't know what this means. And I even addressed rivals' strengths and this not making a diff in the end in the title run.

This follows the same logic as saying losing to Samp is OK b/c we'll win the scudo anyway.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Our players did play well & did what the tactics and roles demanded. Only Mario lacked sharpness in front of goal, but he just got back from injury.

On another day, we could've won 1-0, but in this game we didn't, and it was down to certain coaching decisions. Players had nothing to do with it (bar Mario's finishing).
Why coaching decisions is at fault here? Players have a lot to do with it. We were dominating Inter, especially with adjustments Max made in the halftime. Higgy, for example, typically is able to not hit the sky with an open shot from the foul line. But he did it in this game. Same applies to Mario. And Sami is more often than not able to hit an empty net, but he failed to do it this time. With a proper execution, it should've been 3-0, and nobody could've called this result unjustified.

Marchisio can play in both Pjanic's (regista) and Khedira's (B2B) roles. Pjanic did play deep. According to everyone who watched that game, Marchisio played very well and looked in good shape physically in the last game he started.
What game? Mighty Crotone or 20 min Claudio's cameo in Napoli game? If he doesn't even finish the game with Crotone maybe there is something with his "good physical shape" we don't know about.

Khedira should've been subbed off sooner and for the right player.
Agree. But who is that player? Dybala should've come earlier. But it's not like Paulo turned the game around and we created a handful of chances with him. He sucked tbh.

This follows the same logic as saying losing to Samp is OK b/c we'll win the scudo anyway.
If we lose to Samp but win scudo, personally I won't be heartbroken.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Why coaching decisions is at fault here? Players have a lot to do with it. We were dominating Inter, especially with adjustments Max made in the halftime. Higgy, for example, typically is able to not hit the sky with an open shot from the foul line. But he did it in this game. Same applies to Mario. And Sami is more often than not able to hit an empty net, but he failed to do it this time. With a proper execution, it should've been 3-0, and nobody could've called this result unjustified.
The wrong coaching decisions in this game were obvious and have been mentioned ad infinitum. No reason to elaborate further. If you don't know, then you just don't know.

It wasn't a 3-0 game, but we could've won 1-0 on another day, but it wasn't happening that day and changes needed to be made, and going for a 1-0 with Cuadrado, the only attacking outlet, sending crosses to Mandzu marked by D'Ambrosio at far post being the only attacking play....that's just too predictable and unbalanced offensively. I'm just surprised Inter didn't shut Cuadra down eventually. Instead, he got their whole left flank booked. :lol:

What game? Mighty Crotone or 20 min Claudio's cameo in Napoli game?
From previous post: "the last game he started"

Agree. But who is that player? Dybala should've come earlier. But it's not like Paulo turned the game around and we created a handful of chances with him. He sucked tbh.
Not Dybala. Someone for left flank who could penetrate their defense. Berna, DC, Alex Sandro...take your pick.

And Marchisio for Khedira.

If we lose to Samp but win scudo, personally I won't be heartbroken.
No one claimed to be heartbroken. But "we played well in whatever game we lost points in because we'll win the scudetto" is one of the most illogical things I've read lately.

Leading the table and having a cushion will also enable us to rest players for important CL games. And that's very important.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
The wrong coaching decisions in this game were obvious and have been mentioned ad infinitum. No reason to elaborate further. If you don't know, then you just don't know.
Oh, I don't know. Please tell me. What decisions were obviously wrong? It's the only thing I really wanted to know. What decisions were wrong and how many goals we've scored if Max had listened to you? Don't get me wrong, every coach/player/person make mistakes. I am just interested in "obvious" wrong decisions.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Oh, I don't know. Please tell me. What decisions were obviously wrong? It's the only thing I really wanted to know. What decisions were wrong and how many goals we've scored if Max had listened to you? Don't get me wrong, every coach/player/person make mistakes. I am just interested in "obvious" wrong decisions.
I did, as did others. Scroll up if you somehow missed it.

Quit asking me to repeat the same thing over and over again in some weird form of argumentation.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ok, nothing then. Got it:tup:
In three diff posts (which you read and replied to):

You're contradicting yourself there.

And it doesn't matter if they could've done better or we played well or both (it was both), point remains that they were there for the taking and we could've & should've won.

I wanted Marchisio to start in half-fit Pjanic's place btw even though half-fit Pjanic is better than Khedira in current form. That's because Khedira is useful in the box for defending set pieces, one of Inter's strengths. In the end, that didn't matter b/c we hardly gave them any corners or FKs. Khedira should've been subbed off sooner and for the right player.

I'm not following this line of thinking, don't know what this means. And I even addressed rivals' strengths and this not making a diff in the end in the title run.

It wasn't a 3-0 game, but we could've won 1-0 on another day, but it wasn't happening that day and changes needed to be made, and going for a 1-0 with Cuadrado, the only attacking outlet, sending crosses to Mandzu marked by D'Ambrosio at far post being the only attacking play....that's just too predictable and unbalanced offensively. I'm just surprised Inter didn't shut Cuadra down eventually. Instead, he got their whole left flank booked. :lol:

From previous post: "the last game he started"

Not Dybala. Someone for left flank who could penetrate their defense. Berna, DC, Alex Sandro...take your pick.

And Marchisio for Khedira.

No one claimed to be heartbroken. But "we played well in whatever game we lost points in because we'll win the scudetto" is one of the most illogical things I've read lately.

Leading the table and having a cushion will also enable us to rest players for important CL games. And that's very important.
Congrats, you're the owner of the dumbest post I've read on this forum. And that's no mean feat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)