[Serie A] Inter 1-2 JUVENTUS [October 6th, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Lots of "we were great" comments that I don't get.

It looked a game between two teams who played CL games midweek. We were just less sucky technically and mentally which Sarri counted on, and that worked despite poor subs.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
meh he did the best he could with what he had but its over and he knows it. This isn't Juve vs. Milan in 11/12. We are head and shoulders above them regardless of what mentality he inputs and he knows it.
Yep, you're right. I mean, they can still follow us pretty far, even until the very end, as there are so many shit teams in the league who they will beat week in, week out. However, our team is clearly far ahead of them, and as for our squad depth;

Look at the frightening bench we have. The devastating weapons at our disposal. While they, when Lautaro had to go out, was forced to put in "Politano", and when Sensi got injured they only had "Vecino", and when Godin limped out they were forced to put on "Bastoni" (?). They are severely lacking in depth.

I must admit I got a little fearful of them due to their 7 wins out of 7 leading up to this game, but nah. We got this!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lots of "we were great" comments that I don't get.

It looked a game between two teams who played CL games midweek. We were just less sucky technically and mentally which Sarri counted on, and that worked despite poor subs.
Disagree. You are correct that midweek affected but we are a lot better than them. imo it was visible throughout 60+ minutes of the game. If you look at recent past results, even in seasons where Inter were total garbage, they usually managed to play above their limits and challenge us in the head to head games.

They didn't tonight. That it was a 1 goal difference flattered them.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Disagree. You are correct that midweek affected but we are a lot better than them. imo it was visible throughout 60+ minutes of the game. If you look at recent past results, even in seasons where Inter were total garbage, they usually managed to play above their limits and challenge us in the head to head games.

They didn't tonight. That it was a 1 goal difference flattered them.
I already said we were better technically and mentally. And were we great or not great bc of CL? Not sure I get your point.

It looked a 1-2 game from the whistle, a comfortable 1-2, given our approach, diff in quality, random unforced errors, and cagey tactical battle & lack of intensity from both teams. Would've been more of a comfortable win with better subs (first two).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't confuse a great result (or diff in qlty between two teams) with a great performance. It wasn't a good game of soccer.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I already said we were better technically and mentally. And were we great or not great bc of CL? Not sure I get your point.

It looked a 1-2 game from the whistle, a comfortable 1-2, given our approach, diff in quality, random unforced errors, and cagey tactical battle & lack of intensity from both teams. Would've been more of a comfortable win with better subs (first two).

- - - Updated - - -

Don't confuse a great result (or diff in qlty between two teams) with a great performance. It wasn't a good game of soccer.
"We were just less sucky technically and mentally which Sarri counted on, and that worked despite poor subs"

My point was in response to the above quoted statement.

We were superior throughout, in a fixture this team has struggled to consistently win even through our 8 straight titles. And one sub assisted and another scored.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
"We were just less sucky technically and mentally which Sarri counted on, and that worked despite poor subs"

My point was in response to the above quoted statement.

We were superior throughout, in a fixture this team has struggled to consistently win even through our 8 straight titles. And one sub assisted and another scored.
I don't disagree that we were superior throughout (bar period between 1st two subs and third).

We've been fairly consistent in this fixture.

Berna and Khedira were borderline useless and needed to be subbed at some point (Berna was just a runner and Khedira's tactical running & positioning not enough), but overzealous switch to 3 strikers made Inter more dangerous which Sarri then fixed by bringing Can on. Ramsey should've come on for Berna.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Happy with the derby

Was full of tension and great plays from us. Our players stepped up to the occasion and overall were better.

Deligt was kind of shaky but bonucci helped him a lot.

Dybala and ronaldo were great.

Pipa decisive.

Matuidi took one for the team.

The rest helped the cause in a positive way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)