[Serie A] Genoa 0-0 Juventus (11th March, 2012) (2 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• De Ceglie

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Pepe

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
apart from our wretched luck that has to be one of the best performances offensively that I have seen from Juve in a very long time.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That's a tough off-side call, especially when the defender's body is leaning forward like it is. That usually influences judgement in this kind of decision.

What a game, I can't believe none of our players managed to put it in the back of the net. We created a shitload of chances and surely this goes to show 433 is the way to go. Let's hope we continue to look this lively and keep playing this well, as we surely won't keep missing that kind of opportunities to score. :xfinger:

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Good game today. This was a lot better showing from the team. Vidal and Caceres played pretty well given then face they never played together and one isnt a CB. Shame we died down at the end there but that was a given since we played mid week and ran our asses off this game. Shameful again In front of net but that almost a normality these days lol But! We are getting closer, 3 posts and a goal disallow. Hopefully that's a sign to come (fingures crosses) We obviously have a good enough squad to build off of and now it's time to add these WC players, let's hope Marotta is up to it this time around. Anyways happy to see positive subs in Elia and DP. Didn't expect much for Elia since he has played a totally of 75 minutes this year but I think he should willingness to defend and even though not successful tried to take on his man. Borriello still sucks.

Halabalu

Dec 5, 2011
The fact that our performance today was great only strengthen the fact that we suffer from lack of class. And this is very frustrating. Tooday it seemed that everything were OK. Vucinic was very usefull, Pepe was active and productive, even we had a unbelievable opportunity to observe Alex Del Piero and Elia on the field=) But because of fucking lack of class 0:0 nad thats it. And all we got to do now its watching Lazio's game and rejoicing.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
And the line of the pitch says that Pepe's upper body is in front of all the defenders. It was offside.
the rules state that you have to compare the parts of the body the attacker is eligible to score with versus the feet or parts of the defenders body he may play the ball with. since the feet of the defender are on the same line than the upper body of pepe it is not offside.

of course it's difficult to judge if everything is in movement and so on, but i am still waiting for the frickin moment when the referees actually do apply the offside rule like they are told to and that is "in doubt, in favour of the attacker".... never deliberately happened imo

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
Juve played well. I though marchisio was better then he has been and got forward more to be honest.

Vucunic was so much better as well! I'm happy to see conte try some new things with Elia and del, credit to him going for the win- I think they could have come in handy more so when we struggled to create chances rather then convert them though.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
the rules state that you have to compare the parts of the body the attacker is eligible to score with versus the feet or parts of the defenders body he may play the ball with. since the feet of the defender are on the same line than the upper body of pepe it is not offside.

of course it's difficult to judge if everything is in movement and so on, but i am still waiting for the frickin moment when the referees actually do apply the offside rule like they are told to and that is "in doubt, in favour of the attacker".... never deliberately happened imo
correct, it was not off-side.

go watch a replay of say the Chievo game or the Bologna game too and your wish would come true :p

---------- Post added 11.03.2012 at 15:57 ----------

That's a tough off-side call, especially when the defender's body is leaning forward like it is. That usually influences judgement in this kind of decision.
:agree: - it was a very close a tough call to make and you guys shouldn't blame the ref for it ... just like the linesman in the Chievo game shouldn't be blamed for not getting that situation right either

Conte's Bitch

2003 - Old Trafford
Mar 3, 2012
Other games I really didn't think Juve was unlucky, but this one, yes they were and they should've easily won.

You may think that we've got Ibra and that's why we easily win our snall team games, but I think it's a little bit more than that. I don't know what it is but sometimes Juve players seem to make things difficult too much for themselves.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Other games I really didn't think Juve was unlucky, but this one, yes they were and they should've easily won.

You may think that we've got Ibra and that's why we easily win our snall team games, but I think it's a little bit more than that. I don't know what it is but sometimes Juve players seem to make things difficult too much for themselves.
:agree:

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
The frustrating part now is that we'll have to rely on players (Matri, Pepe, Vuci) who are most likely to get upgraded if we make Cl. Conte really needs to get their confidence up and even get Marotta to shut down the transfer talk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)