[SERIE A] Chievo vs JUVENTUS (09/11/08) (8 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Manninger

Mellberg-Legrottaglie-Chiellini-Molinaro

Camoranesi-Sissoko-???????-De Ceglie

Giovinco

Iaquinta​

????????= whichever of Tiago, Zanetti and Marchisio is in best condition.
I would go with this line up. Camo, Tiago, and gio should be enough creativity to beat Chievo.

The most important thing for me is that Iaquinta starts and some degree gio as well.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Camo on for Marchionni, Gio on for Nedved, Iaquinta on for Amauri. That's it, everything else the same as the Real game. No point in resting a player(DP) who is in the form of his life, sub him out when the game is already won.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I'm going to see this game LIVE and it's Del Pie's birthday. :weee: Hopefully I share pictures with you guys next week.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Camo on for Marchionni, Gio on for Nedved, Iaquinta on for Amauri. That's it, everything else the same as the Real game. No point in resting a player(DP) who is in the form of his life, sub him out when the game is already won.
That was the exact formation I posted. Let's do it.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The Zanetti injury is bad news! i don't care if it helps Tiago improve, the more depth the better i say.
Would DP really willingly sit it out on his bday? But i do agree he needs a rest. We talk about resting Amauri but he's 6 years younger.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Why would DP need a rest? Did he show any signs of tiredness? No.

Seriously, he's having his second youth, he's unstoppable currently, why do people insist he needs a rest? A rest from what? Playing good?

You don't rest your most in-form players, unless it's some un-important Coppa match.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Why would DP need a rest? Did he show any signs of tiredness? No.

Seriously, he's having his second youth, he's unstoppable currently, why do people insist he needs a rest? A rest from what? Playing good?

You don't rest your most in-form players, unless it's some un-important Coppa match.
before DP's great match in Madrid, people were speaking of Amauri as our savior (which is true statistically)!
What you want to outplay our on form players so they can burn out, maybe injure themselves and not play well or at all for 2 weeks to a month??
That's silly a logic of yours you've got there.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

before DP's great match in Madrid, people were speaking of Amauri as our savior (which is true statistically)!
What you want to outplay our on form players so they can burn out, maybe injure themselves and not play well or at all for 2 weeks to a month??
That's silly a logic of yours you've got there.
Burn out? We're not even halfway through the season! Del Piero is in excellent physical condition and resting him at this moment will not do him any good. What assurance do you have he will not get injured in the next game? You can't prevent injuries, they're a part of this sport.

Your logic is at fault here, we've struggled constantly against the weaker teams this season, resting our best player now will do us no good since we're behind the leaders and can't afford anymore slip-ups. We need to be picking up points now if we're gonna get through our usual winter slump which is coming next year.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Burn out? We're not even halfway through the season! Del Piero is in excellent physical condition and resting him at this moment will not do him any good. What assurance do you have he will not get injured in the next game? You can't prevent injuries, they're a part of this sport.

Your logic is at fault here, we've struggled constantly against the weaker teams this season, resting our best player now will do us no good since we're behind the leaders and can't afford anymore slip-ups. We need to be picking up points now if we're gonna get through our usual winter slump which is coming next year.
We had our slump earlier this year...aka October :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
So what would the reason be for resting Amauri who currently holds the best striking record this season?? Tiredness and overworking will increase risk of injury hugely. If there ever was a good time to rest out best player.. its now against the worst team in the league. I have confidence we can score from our midfield or Iaquinta against such a team like Chievo and our defense should do the rest.
Either way DP will not be rested, doesn't mean i don't think he should be.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

So what would the reason be for resting Amauri who currently holds the best striking record this season?? Tiredness and overworking will increase risk of injury hugely. If there ever was a good time to rest out best player.. its now against the worst team in the league. I have confidence we can score from our midfield or Iaquinta against such a team like Chievo and our defense should do the rest.
Either way DP will not be rested, doesn't mean i don't think he should be.
It's not so much as resting Amauri as it is giving Iaquinta a shot. He's a determined player and we'll give his 120% when called upon. It's much less of a risk to rest him, since he has not scored in 3 games, than DP.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Let's take the three points with minimal effort. No need to risk injuries/fatigue to beat this Chievo, IMO.

I'd play Giovinco on the left, Camo on the right for ~60min (gain match fitness and minimise risk). Upfront, Iaquinta should get a starter as he deserves it and Amauri looks tired.
The rest of the team should be identical to the Madrid game, as they have all been solid and we don't have alternatives anyway!

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
if there is anyone who need rest it's Nedved IMO. DP was rested for one game but Nedved is really working out his socks. i'd say have neddy for until half time then bring in DC in his place

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
One player definitely needs a rest. It's not Del Piero and it's not Nedved. It's Amauri.

Nedved could also be given a rest but looking at the last two matches he doesn't need it as much as Amauri.

I'm with Jack and Vlatko on this. Camo to play simply because he is better than Marchionni, Iaquinta to play because Amauri is showing signs of tiredness while Giovinco (although it will probably be De Ceglie on ML) should play because it's a crime not to give him any minutes of playing time and because our older players must save their strenght for the later stages of the season.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    Probably.

If I had to play one of the three, it would be Del Piero because he has rested most recently.

Start him and Iaquinta up front with Giovinco LM, which is pretty much what you said before, I think.

If Del Piero did start, I would want to take him off as soon as the game is safe.
    Agreed. There would be no need to keep him If things looking safe. Not only him but other players like Sissoko.

For me I will like to see more of Camoranesi, Giovinco and Iaquinta for this game. Chievo aren't having a good spell at the moment. It is the time to rest some of the players who played for Real for this game, mainly Nedved and Amauri

If things are bad, both to step into the pitch and change the situation. I really hope Del Piero scores another goal on his brithday!

I see your point. What scares me is that Chievo have changed their Coach. And always(thats a fact) in football, whenever you change a coah whether he's good or bad, you can expect a tougher opponent on the Coach's debut. Thats for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)