[SERIE A] Chievo vs JUVENTUS (09/11/08) (9 Viewers)

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
I think that Del Piero should be rested... and Ranieri should start Giovinco....
But we must have in mind that we need to win this game so badly!!!
This game is not less important than the Madrid game because we are climbing in the classification and a bad result know would put our hopes down to inter game...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Seriously people, none of you have exclusive reports from within the squad or from the training field and so none of you have any clue as to what players need a rest. The only ones that know that are the staff and the players themselves. Sure, this is a game that leaves room for resting a fatigued player or too, but it does not work like "this player played all the time, he should be rested". Like someone said a page back, what does Alex need a rest from... playing good?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
good point

plus you forgot to mention that they probably want to play being that they are competitors. i doubt they would tell the coaches or trainers to let them sit one out.

and also we are behind in a points race, it would be dumb to rest any player that we need to secure 3 very much needed points. so anyone thinking that this is a "give me game" or an easy 3 needs to put the pipe down.

remember that we do well against good teams but perform horribly against the lower teams that we should beat.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I agree, we have too play our full strength squad against Chievo, we don't have the luxury to rest our key players and drop any points at all. We need to keep up in the standings and these little games against Chievo are the games we really need to focus on, they are the very games that decide whether you will win or lose the scudetto.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
----------------------Manninger----------------

Mellberg---Legrottaglie---Chiellini---Molinaro

Marchionni---Tiago---------Marchisio---Giovinco

-----------------Iaquinta---Del Piero
agree with this one..just change marchionni for camo to let the guy take some minutes ....and maybe include momo... but not sure about him..maybe he needs a rest.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
lets send ale an e-card

does anyone have the juventus pr email address? we should send it on behalf of juventuz.com

aman

Feb 9, 2004
One thing that Ranieri is likely to take into account when deciding if anybody is in need of a rest is the fact that there is an international break before the Inter game. This means that players like Del Piero, Amauri and Nedved will have 9 days to recover after the game against Genoa. That said, I still think it's a good idea to have some degree of rotation. Personally I'd like to see Iaquinta, Giovinco, Camoranesi, and possibly De Ceglie, start this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)