[SERIE A] Chievo vs JUVENTUS (09/11/08) (2 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
true, but someone has got to give, it would have been nice for one of the teams ahead of us to slip up today (even a tie). besides i hate inter, i always want them to slip up
it would have been to easy for us ... no one will donate us a spot up there ...

very unlikely that we only have to beat the last of the league to gain places

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
gosh i will be soo furious if Cordoba wont get at least 3 game ban for that tackle on Inler, Boneras worst tackles are soft compared to this one. you just don`t play football like this.

about juve game - alex definetly the mom.
Yes it's a worse tackle..with 2 feet, high enough, and made scissor movement
he should have been red carded

I think Udinese defence made a mistake in the final minute corner
There is only one player in the far post
and their 5 players move to the near post..so Cruz and 2 other Inter players are unmarked..

But the important thing we are win...
Genoa next to beat

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Who cares about Inter they always win dirty.

Anyway another great performance (and FK!) from Alessandro on his birthday, Tiago impressed me again hopefully he will continue to perform and he may get back to the way he played with Lyon. 4th straight Serie A win yet we are still 6th!
Hope Lecce destroy Milan tonight and don't worry Inter will be found out in 13/14 days time!

Glad to see Pavel finally getting a rest!

:flag2:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
9 November 2008

Juventus.com

It’s a kind of magic!

A week ago it was the Old Lady’s 111th birthday and Juventus celebrated with a 2-0 win over Roma. Today it was the turn of skipper Del Piero to celebrate and so he did with a great free-kick fired into the back of the opponent’s net.

The first part of the game saw both teams alternating in the attack and creating a number of occasions. In the fifth minute it’s birthday boy Del Piero who continues where he left off showing great play. Del Piero opens play on the wing finding Iaquinta who passes back to Sissoko who in turn shoots powerfully with the ball going inches wide.

Five minutes later its Pellissier who sends shivers down the spines of Juventus players and fans spines after a dangerous incursion on the right and a conclusion which ended up inches wide just before Manniger’s eyes.

Chievo are dangerous when attacking from the right but Juventus are far from passive and the match is an exciting one. In the 16th minute Marchionni crosses for Iaquinta who attempts the goal with an overhead kick but the ball goes wide. The referee had already stopped the action for off-side. Three minutes later a Corner for Juventus after Pinzi anticipates Chiellini in an attempt to head the ball but the ball is cleared by the Chievo defence.

There’s no doubt left that Tiago is beginning to leave his mark on the team. In the 22nd minute the Portuguese midfielder gives Iaquinta a delicious cross but the attacker slips at the crucial moment. The match is just like a see-saw and 2 minutes later Chievo are dangerous but Mellberg saves.

Juventus press on the accelerator and in the 30th minute great run by Sissoko from the defence initializes a good counter-attack but after a series of passes Marchionni makes a mistake and the ball is lost.

The goal is however round the corner and if anybody had any doubts its’ captain Del Piero who like the best of magicians pulls a beautiful goal direct from a free-kick out of his top hat. 34 years of age today and what a way to celebrate! With such repeat performances even the best analysts would have problems choosing the best from all the recent goals.

Three minutes later Del Piero, once again from a freekick puts the ball dangerously in the area but the Chievo defence clear for a corner. The first half ends with a foul by Sissoko on Yepes which makes the Chievo players lose their temper.

Ekdal comes on for Sissoko just before the beginning of the second half which begins with a bang. In the 50th minute a free-kick for Chievo has no outcome but three minutes later Mantovani hands the ball in the area and the referee gives the penalty. Iaquinta from the 11 metres. Initial save by Sorrentino but the attacker manages to push the ball in from the re-bound, making it 2-0.

The second half is less entertaining when compared to the first, however both teams still created a number of good actions. In the 64th minute a great run by Molinaro who finds Del Piero but the shot is weak and into the hands of Sorrentino.

Four minutes later De Ceglie is fouled on the left flank. Del Piero takes the freekick with Sorrentino who saves a great projectile. The only significant Chievo attack comes in the 82nd minute with Pellissier who sees the ball go wide after some great play.

Grygera comes on for Tiago and Amauri for Del Piero. The last few minutes are all in favour of Juventus with chances to widen the score for Grygera and Amauri but the score stays the same and Juventus register their sixth consecutive win.

Serie A 2008/09 – First Round
11th Day
Verona, Bentegodi Stadium
Sunday 9th November

CHIEVO VERONA – JUVENTUS 0-2
Scorers : 40’ Del Piero, 53’ Iaquinta.

CHIEVO: Sorrentino; Malago, Mandelli, Yepes, Mantovani, Pinzi, Bentivoglio, Marcolini (77’ D’Anna), Pellisier; Esposito (52’ Luciano), Langella (52’ Iunco). Reserves: Squizzi, Frey, Cesar, D’Anna, Rigoni, Luciano, Iunco. Coach: Di Carlo.

JUVENTUS: Manninger; Mellberg, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Molianro; Marchionni, Sissoko (45’ Ekdal), Tiago (82’ Grygera), De Ceglie; Del Piero (86’ Amauri), Iaquinta. Reserves: Chimenti, Grygera, Giovinco, Ekdal, Camoranesi, Rossi; Amauri Coach : Ranieri.

REFEREE : Banti (Livorno)

Yellow Cards : Molinaro (20th), Esposito (28th), Legrottaglie (30th), Bentivoglio (48th), Mantovani (52nd), Iunco (72nd),

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Wow..Ekdal played a full second half
How is he perform? great?

and how about Moli and Tiago? Are they maintain their good performances lately?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I guess I have to give my congrats to Vinman, he guessed this one
shesh.. We are still sixth, Juve has to keep on winning, others are winning as well you know. It's just that ADP is scoring free-kicks that out victory seems so sweet. I think the mood would have been different if Iaquinta or Marchionni was scoring.

btw you think it's Ranieri? I think we are lucky the only decision he is making is Nedved over Giovinco. Trezeguet, Zanetti, Poulson, Camo, Buffon are out. His judgement will be tested when they are back and he has to choose whether to change this winning team or rotate or what.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
shesh.. We are still sixth, Juve has to keep on winning, others are winning as well you know. It's just that ADP is scoring free-kicks that out victory seems so sweet. I think the mood would have been different if Iaquinta or Marchionni was scoring.

btw you think it's Ranieri? I think we are lucky the only decision he is making is Nedved over Giovinco. Trezeguet, Zanetti, Poulson, Camo, Buffon are out. His judgement will be tested when they are back and he has to choose whether to change this winning team or rotate or what.
you know what? you are very funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)