[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (25 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Chievo 0 - 1 Juventus
Olivera 87 (J)
Stadio Bentegodi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve stay top with a last-gasp Ruben Olivera goal, but this match is shrouded in controversy after Chievo were disallowed a perfectly good strike.

Juventus needed a victory at the Stadio Bentegodi to maintain Milan's pace at the top of the table and were fresh from their midweek Champions' League win against Real Madrid.

Fabio Capello brought David Trezeguet back from the start after a recent virus, giving Zlatan Ibrahimovic a rest and testing out a new version of the 4-3-3 system. Chievo were without the suspended John Mensah, while Simone Tiribocchi was injured.

The Bianconeri took control from the start as Alessandro Del Piero had a couple of early efforts, including a free kick that was just cleared at the back post by Davide Mandelli.

Trezeguet's acrobatic attempt on a Mauro Camoranesi cross was off target, but Chievo slowly got themselves on level terms and there were no more chances in the first half.

The Flying Donkeys made a change for the second half, introducing centre-forward Federico Cossato for Andrea Zanchetta. The striker has been struggling with injuries for several months now and cannot yet play 90 minutes.

Del Piero's shot was accidentally charged down by teammate Trezeguet, who was also standing in an offside position.

There was controversy five minutes into the second half, as Sergio Pellissier unleashed a rocket of a shot that thumped the underside of the crossbar and bounced back out off the ground before striking the woodwork again on its way into Buffon's arms. Replays confirmed that the ball had crossed over the line, but the linesman waved play on and Chievo were rightly livid.

Ibrahimovic replaced Trezeguet to give Juve more verve and movement upfront as Chievo were beginning to take control. Potenza turned over the bar from close range as a free kick was whipped in.

Potenza was crucial at the other end of the pitch moments later, as Luca Marchegiani was left stranded by a Del Piero header and the Chievo man cleared Ibrahimovic's follow-up practically off the line.

The Bentegodi crowd was further infuriated when Jonathan Zebina challenged Pellissier in the box, but the referee waved away penalty appeals and it seemed to be the correct decision.

Camoranesi sprinted into the box on a fine Del Piero through ball, but Marchegiani stood his ground to beat away the shot at the near post. The veteran goalkeeper also punched out a dangerous Del Piero free kick. Pellissier's low drive whistled wide of the far post.

A section of the Juventus crowd was again upset when Del Piero was substituted for the 18th time in all competitions this season. The captain was also replaced against Real Madrid.

Gianluca Zambrotta was having a great game and his snapshot from distance really tested Marchegiani. On the counter-attack substitute Franceschini found space on the edge of the box and fired straight at Buffon.

It was a very open game now and ten minutes from time Emerson's low drive skimmed the upright. A scuffle broke out between Lilian Thuram and Franceschini, but calm was quickly restored.

Capello proved that he is a master of the substitution, as Del Piero's replacement broke the deadlock with three minutes left on the clock. An Ibrahimovic mis-kick was cleared out by D'Anna, but only into the path of Ruben Olivera for a half-volley.

However, the Uruguayan was sent off less than a minute later for a reaction foul that also saw Alessandro Potenza dismissed. The Chievo player kicked out and Olivera reacted by grabbing him by the throat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chievo: Marchegiani; Potenza, D’Anna, Mandelli, Lanna; Luciano, Sanmarco, Baronio (Brighi 86), Semioli (Franceschini 76); Zanchetta (Cossato 46), Pellissier

Juventus: Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi; Zalayeta, Trezeguet (Ibrahimovic 59), Del Piero (Olivera 76)

Ref: Paparesta

Sent off: Potenza 88 (J), Olivera 88 (C)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
one word:

ROBBERY
from goal.com
A Terrible But Unintentional Error, Says Chievo Coach
3/14/2005 12:23:00 PM
Chievo boss Mario Beretta is convinced the error made by the linesmen that probably denied his team of a glorious win over Juventus was unintentional.
“If I had doubts over the honesty of the referees, I shouldn’t have picked to do this job. But yesterday it was simple to see that the ball had gone over the line, so there was a lack of attention on behalf of the officiating trio. All that was needed was to look at the ball’s trajectory to understand it had gone over the line,” said the Chievo boss.

“Now we just have to think to work and look ahead, even though I know it will be difficult. It’s hard to work intensely when you score goals and they’re not awarded,” he added.

Chievo have lost four games in a row, and stand only two points on-top of the relegation zone.

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

from goal.com
A Terrible But Unintentional Error, Says Chievo Coach
3/14/2005 12:23:00 PM
Chievo boss Mario Beretta is convinced the error made by the linesmen that probably denied his team of a glorious win over Juventus was unintentional.
“If I had doubts over the honesty of the referees, I shouldn’t have picked to do this job. But yesterday it was simple to see that the ball had gone over the line, so there was a lack of attention on behalf of the officiating trio. All that was needed was to look at the ball’s trajectory to understand it had gone over the line,” said the Chievo boss.

“Now we just have to think to work and look ahead, even though I know it will be difficult. It’s hard to work intensely when you score goals and they’re not awarded,” he added.

Chievo have lost four games in a row, and stand only two points on-top of the relegation zone.
class:thumb:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juventusi ] ++
TO ALL MILAN FANS:

"U SHOULD BE THE LAST TO TALK ABOUT CHEATING BECAUSE YOUR CLUB IS THE ONE IN SUSPICION WITH GALLIANI AND BERLUDCONI HOLDING GOVERNMENT POSTS. IT'S LIKE THIRD WORLD POLITICS. AND ALL THE SHOUTING AT JUVE IS TO DIVERT ATTENTION OFF YOUR CORRUPTION"

SO SHUT UP AND F!CK YOURSELF
:thumb:

and for milan fans, look at yourself before calling us cheaters, remember the goal scored by seginho couple of matches ago? it was a cross from cafu who made a clear foul before crossing the ball, and in the atalanta match, there was an obvious penalty for atalanta...

Aug 1, 2003
This time the referee's error was quite different from others - you couldnt say it was intentional. The referee was not near the scene and therefore had no reason to overrule the linesman that disallowed the Chievo goal. And personally looking from the linesman's view, you couldnt really tell if it had gone in or not (even though it actually did) as the ball actually crossed the line only to bounce back before the line... it was a rather confusing and unfortunate scenario for chievo.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I watched the game and I will just write few things

Like many of you said here - we sucked. I warned before the match some of our players may be tired and it seems that was the case (especially at start of second half-our midfield players looked exhausted and that was the time when chievo pushed us)

Zambro and DP combined well until DP was replaced and they should really have made some more higher croses for Trez to rifle them into the net

Its curious that Zala had most playing time in the past two matches then rest of our attackers, it seems Cap trusts him even whan he is not playing quite well like in the last night match

About Olivera
He seems to have brought us many pounts this season
I must say I was glad he punched that chievo bastard because I dont want any Juve player being hit from the back like Oli was
If Tacchi was on the field than surely we would have seen a really bad fight
Capello and Moggi will talk to him and he will be ok in the future I know that
Its bad he want be there in the next home match because if he hadnt got the red card Cap should surely put him in the starting 11 against regina

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
If all was fair and called in accordance with the rules Juve may not even be ahead of Inter:

Points awarded based on blatant mis-calls:

Milan – Juventus : 5th minute of play Crespo is taken down in the box as he is about to deflect a shot in the net. RIGORE NETTO. No call. (3 points)
Palermo-Juventus : 20th minute of play Farias is taken down by Cannavaro in what was clearly a a last man foul, the referee waved play on. Replays showed it was a clear penalty and sending off. RIGORE NETTO. (3 points).
Bologna – Juventus : (takes the cake) :
64th minutes Cipriani rushes into the box and falls under a tackle from Lilian Thuram. Reply shows that Thuram did not make contact with the ball but did clip his ankle, no call: Bologna furious.
Minutes left on the clock, a non-existent free kick awarded rather than what commentators thought was a whistle for diving (!), Nedved scores. Pagliuca is livid and rushes the official in disgust. This results in several yellow cards to Bologna players (2 points).

Roma- Juventus : (two wrongs don’t make a right so enough with the unclassy Roma play): An offside goal by Cannavaro and apparent take-down OUTSIDE the box gives Juve its only goals and hands them another three points.
Chievo match : BALL is clearly inside the net. NO GOAL. (2 points)

Milan is accused of getting extra time…call it what you want but if they ARE given this extra time it is up to them to score and bring it up a notch. This is a different advantage (if there is one) altogether. Getting away with take-downs and looking away when the goal is offside or calling non-existent penalties is basically handing a team a win.
However, we all know that this sh*t will not last long..more importantly, this and this style of play will not cut it when playing Milan: you barely got by when you were ahead in the first match imagine now with this 'scraping by' you call a style of play. This will not cut it with us Or for that matter maybe even Inter.
Good Luck….Its not Christmas every week Gobbi’s. :cheesy:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

:thumb:

and for milan fans, look at yourself before calling us cheaters, remember the goal scored by seginho couple of matches ago? it was a cross from cafu who made a clear foul before crossing the ball, and in the atalanta match, there was an obvious penalty for atalanta...
look below and then talk...you are talking about ONE supposed foul...your team's history is based on season after season of controversy...please don't make me open up the history books once again.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juventusi ] ++
TO ALL MILAN FANS:

"U SHOULD BE THE LAST TO TALK ABOUT CHEATING BECAUSE YOUR CLUB IS THE ONE IN SUSPICION WITH GALLIANI AND BERLUDCONI HOLDING GOVERNMENT POSTS. IT'S LIKE THIRD WORLD POLITICS. AND ALL THE SHOUTING AT JUVE IS TO DIVERT ATTENTION OFF YOUR CORRUPTION"

SO SHUT UP AND F!CK YOURSELF
1. Juventus and Angelli was the biggest supporter to the Berlusconi campaign.

2. Galliani does not hold a government position and never has so I'm not sure what you are talking about..please explain.

3. Berlusconi as PM has had to step down as AC Milan president. More over, as his role in politics his every move is watched .... do you think he would risk a Prime Minister's job for 3 points in Serie A? THINK BOY THINK.

4. I think he has bigger fish to fry: There is a greater responsibility and power in the role of Prime Minister than as AC milan President which ironically was a pasttime for him.

5. Learn to speak..learn to argue and learn to debate and learn to speak to others and show you are not a mentally challenged boy.

Aug 1, 2003
theres no doubt that there were many decisions favouring juventus this season, however I still feel the mistake against Chievo was different, that one was purely unintentional and an honest mistake:

The referee was not near the scene and therefore had no reason to overrule the linesman that disallowed the Chievo goal. And personally looking from the linesman's view, you couldnt really tell if it had gone in or not (even though it actually did) as the ball actually crossed the line only to bounce back before the line... it was a rather confusing and unfortunate scenario for chievo.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
If all was fair and called in accordance with the rules Juve may not even be ahead of Inter:

Points awarded based on blatant mis-calls:

Milan – Juventus : 5th minute of play Crespo is taken down in the box as he is about to deflect a shot in the net. RIGORE NETTO. No call. (3 points)
Palermo-Juventus : 20th minute of play Farias is taken down by Cannavaro in what was clearly a a last man foul, the referee waved play on. Replays showed it was a clear penalty and sending off. RIGORE NETTO. (3 points).
Bologna – Juventus : (takes the cake) :
64th minutes Cipriani rushes into the box and falls under a tackle from Lilian Thuram. Reply shows that Thuram did not make contact with the ball but did clip his ankle, no call: Bologna furious.
Minutes left on the clock, a non-existent free kick awarded rather than what commentators thought was a whistle for diving (!), Nedved scores. Pagliuca is livid and rushes the official in disgust. This results in several yellow cards to Bologna players (2 points).

Roma- Juventus : (two wrongs don’t make a right so enough with the unclassy Roma play): An offside goal by Cannavaro and apparent take-down OUTSIDE the box gives Juve its only goals and hands them another three points.
Chievo match : BALL is clearly inside the net. NO GOAL. (2 points)

Milan is accused of getting extra time…call it what you want but if they ARE given this extra time it is up to them to score and bring it up a notch. This is a different advantage (if there is one) altogether. Getting away with take-downs and looking away when the goal is offside or calling non-existent penalties is basically handing a team a win.
However, we all know that this sh*t will not last long..more importantly, this and this style of play will not cut it when playing Milan: you barely got by when you were ahead in the first match imagine now with this 'scraping by' you call a style of play. This will not cut it with us Or for that matter maybe even Inter.
Good Luck….Its not Christmas every week Gobbi’s. :cheesy:
But what is our fault? everybody loves Juve.:heart:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

1. Juventus and Angelli was the biggest supporter to the Berlusconi campaign.

2. Galliani does not hold a government position and never has so I'm not sure what you are talking about..please explain.

3. Berlusconi as PM has had to step down as AC Milan president. More over, as his role in politics his every move is watched .... do you think he would risk a Prime Minister's job for 3 points in Serie A? THINK BOY THINK.

4. I think he has bigger fish to fry: There is a greater responsibility and power in the role of Prime Minister than as AC milan President which ironically was a pasttime for him.

5. Learn to speak..learn to argue and learn to debate and learn to speak to others and show you are not a mentally challenged boy.

what are you doing in a juve fan forum , **** off :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

look below and then talk...you are talking about ONE supposed foul...your team's history is based on season after season of controversy...please don't make me open up the history books once again.
that's crap and you know it. Please stop it, soon you'll sound like those moronic interisti and romanisti with your useless conspiracy theories.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

that's crap and you know it. Please stop it, soon you'll sound like those moronic interisti and romanisti with your useless conspiracy theories.
YOUR way out of your league kid so I suggest you sit down and be a good little girl. I know its not Crap and most REAL Serie A fans know that despite Juve's success and great talents their history is tainted in controversy including being excluded from Serie B (twice) despite finishing last; officiating scandals and recently doping scandals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)