[Serie A] Chievo - Juventus (29 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amer ] ++

Man I cant choose betwen them,
Play them all! :D
where are we going to use mutu? :D
Mutu will only return on May 18th. For me I would rest Zlatan cos he had played many games for us already. Even though I admit his dribbling has somewhat imporved, he still deserved a rest. Let Trez can some fresh air + playing time.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
the champions league brings out the best in juve, when champions league matches have been played we have performed great in the league, it all about confidence, we will win 2-0.

hopefully samp will at leats draw 1-1

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
I'm completely confident that Del Piero won't be in the starting line-up this sunday. It's probably going to be two strikers - Zlatan and Trez.

nori

Jan 9, 2005
this is what I think the starting line-up will be like

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Canna Pessoto

Camo Balsi Olivera Zambrotta

Zalayeta Trezeguet

the substitutes will be (Alex for Zala) (Ibra for Trez) and (Emerson for Olivera)

1-3 to Juve
2 for Trez and one for Alex

Any news which of the Chievo players are injured or suspended? (Not that I am worried that we are not going to beat them)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

Mutu will only return on May 18th. For me I would rest Zlatan cos he had played many games for us already. Even though I admit his dribbling has somewhat imporved, he still deserved a rest. Let Trez can some fresh air + playing time.
I know when he returns but what I wanted to say is considering that our four atackers have all been doing well this season, IMO they all deserve place in next years team and with Mutu back from suspension, competition for 2 (or 3) places in attack will be fearce
But that only shows strength of Juve

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
I think we should be play with:
Del Piero, Trezeguet and Zalayata.

Zlatan played all this seasons's SerieA games and Champions league. I think we should give him a little rest. Start from the bench and if needed insert him in the second half, if not just rest him.. He played well and deserve a vacation :D
I agree 100%

Mar 6, 2005
Why do I keep seeing people hoping that Cappello will go back to the 442 system??? It's TOO predictable, gives us hardly any opportunities that we'll most probably squander away (a la Zlatan into Casillas stomach sort of kick.. [don't get me wrong I love the guy, but he needs to work on his finishing]), and usually the other team ends up getting the upper hand in possesion... Look how well the tridente has been so far in all of the matches we've used it.. We won!! By scoring more than 1 goal!! and it keeps getting better and better, the more the players get used to it.. IMO, I think cappello should stick with the morphing 3-4-3/4-3-3...

That's my $ 0.02

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
Why do I keep seeing people hoping that Cappello will go back to the 442 system??? It's TOO predictable, gives us hardly any opportunities that we'll most probably squander away (a la Zlatan into Casillas stomach sort of kick.. [don't get me wrong I love the guy, but he needs to work on his finishing]), and usually the other team ends up getting the upper hand in possesion... Look how well the tridente has been so far in all of the matches we've used it.. We won!! By scoring more than 1 goal!! and it keeps getting better and better, the more the players get used to it.. IMO, I think cappello should stick with the morphing 3-4-3/4-3-3...

That's my $ 0.02
Exactly 'Bah'.

Not the following, juve have won all of their games in which we started with the 4-3-3 formation. We should definately stick to this formation, even when Nedved returns.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    This thread's suffering from starvation. I hope our players won't carry this attitude to the pitch Sunday night. :D

FORZA JUVE!!!

nori

Jan 9, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

That's my $ 0.02
    I know what you mean (I was one of those who predicted a 4-4-2 for this game and I stand by that)
    I think that we should not get carried away that the 4-3-3 is working and use it all the time, and I think that an away game to Chievo is the place we should not use it, or at least for the first 60 min. I am saying this because I know that a 4-3-3 formation asks to much from the midfilders and forewards and knowing that we played two difficult matches I don't want a slip against chievo, I want capello to make sure that the three points are ours (even with a 4-3-3 if that is what the "Mister" thinks)

Anyway I am sure we will win whichever formation we use

FORZA JUVE

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Until Nedved makes his return I would stick with the same 4-3-3 formation that we have been using the past couple weeks. In the Roma and Real matches we were able to threaten the opposition's goal while remaining solid at the back most of the time, especially against Real. So right now I really do not see a reason to revert back to the 4-4-2 until Nedved comes back, and once that happens we could discuss playing Nedved on the left of the midfield in the 4-3-3, something that could give us even more force in attack.

Chievo is tied for last in goals scored, so I think we should field the 4-3-3 and bring the game to them. The Flying Donkeys have not won a match in the last four weeks, so they are hurting at the moment. If we keep playing the way we have the past few weeks this match should not be difficult at all. Furthermore in the past few seasons, when playing in Verona, we have not lost a match there once, usually winning by a few goals with exception to last year. This match is obviously a must-win and I am confident we will take the full three points.

Formation: Same as Real, but Blasi instead of Pessotto and Trezeguet to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)