SERIE A: Chievo - Juventus (3 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #341
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Del Piero - Excelled again on the left side of midfield in this new formation, good distribution of the ball and nice imagination even though there were no direct threats towards their goal by him. 7

P.S. 2 When Davids entered in the second half all Juve fans and players looked happy even Camo (who was the one Davids replaced).
    No threats on goal? What about the 22 meter blast that was parried by Marchegianni, and the ambitious left footed chip that followed a lovely turn?

About Davids, the Juve fans went wild when he came on! :eek: They were all going "ooooooooohhhh" when he was getting ready to enter and when he did they cheered so loud that it sounded like they were more of them than there was Chievo fans in the crowd! :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #342
    Newspaper ratings from la Gazzetta:

Chievo - Juventus 1 - 2

1 Buffon G. 6.5
    21 Thuram L. 5.5
    23 Legrottaglie N. 7
    4 Montero P. 6
    19 Zambrotta G. 6.5
    3 Tacchinardi A. 6
    18 Appiah S. 6
    11 Nedved P. 6.5
    16 Camoranesi M. 6.5
    26 Davids E. s.v.
    10 Del Piero A. 7
    15 Birindelli A. s.v.
    17 Trezeguet D. 6.5
    20 Di Vaio M. s.v.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Yeah that was great, at first I was sceptical about Davids' inclusion but it turned out well :)

About Alex, it's true but he would naturally threat the opposing GK more often, hopefully he will score against GS on Wednesday :)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #344
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, does anyone know if Trezeguet is OK? If you didn't watch the match you might not know that Trez got hurt... does anybody on the forums know how serious the injury is?

I got this from Gazzetta.it, but I don't know Italian.

INFERMERIA

Pessotto: problema al tendine d’achille, a parte;
    Conte: contusione al piede sinistro, 3 giorni;
    Trezeguet: contrattura coscia destra, tempi da definire;
    Camoranesi: contusione alla tibia, da verificare;
    Miccoli: appendicectomia, 2 settimane.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #345

About Alex, it's true but he would naturally threat the opposing GK more often, hopefully he will score against GS on Wednesday :)
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but although he didn't threat the GK as often as he normally would, he was still a constant danger to the Chievo defence. Some of his runs were amazing :eek:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't think its serious .. might be muscle problems with his right thigh

In the second half he wasn't challeneged but walked awkwardly after he looked like pulling a muscle while trying to get a ball .. he managed to continue but Lippi then substituted him with Di Vaio ..

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I don't think its serious .. might be muscle problems with his right thigh

In the second half he wasn't challeneged but walked awkwardly after he looked like pulling a muscle while trying to get a ball .. he managed to continue but Lippi then substituted him with Di Vaio ..
    Actually it might be a problem with his left ankle, in the repaly they showed that the cheivo defender stepped on his left ankle. :undecide:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

He's a left winger but I think he can play on the right as well. He gave Thuram hell all night long. You should've seen how he did him in, what a dribble! :eek:
    Yeah, Brillirant stuff , I was speechless when he dribbled Thuram :eek:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Trezeguet might be in doubt!? :eek:

Does that mean he may not be fit for the Gala game?

btw is anyone else surprised that DV is playing so little? Sure, DP and Trez have been great, but DV had great pre-season form...

or maybe i'm an idiot and he actually did play today, because i didn't see the game, nor did i read back on all these pages...

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    medical stuff of juve told the press the players injured during the match will be probably all fit for the match against gala...

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

hey isha, if you're from italy...why arent you watching the game?
    I didn't watch the game because I don't have the only pay tv who showed it. :down:

Where can I find the goals?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
    Who do you think Di Vaio should play instead ?? He played the last 20 mins of Yesterday game. but didn't do that much.
    Nah I was just wondering why Lippi didn't put him on maybe for Trez, since Trez had a terrible first half... I just think he's gotten less of a chance than last season, even though he played well before the start of the reason

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, does anyone know if Trezeguet is OK? If you didn't watch the match you might not know that Trez got hurt... does anybody on the forums know how serious the injury is?

I got this from Gazzetta.it, but I don't know Italian.

INFERMERIA

Pessotto: problema al tendine d’achille, a parte;
    Conte: contusione al piede sinistro, 3 giorni;
    Trezeguet: contrattura coscia destra, tempi da definire;
    Camoranesi: contusione alla tibia, da verificare;
    Miccoli: appendicectomia, 2 settimane.

i was ready for the worst back them... he was running after the ball and suddenly he stop and hold his thigh.. looks very much like a halmstring which could meen weeks.. he just recover from a injury prone season.. the last thing he need is another injury so early in the season... how releif i am to see from the replay that actually the chievo guy step on him leg from the back.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Did Thuram really have such a bad game? I get worried because Thuram's like one of our best defenders, better than Montero IMO and Legro, so I guess that makes him the best :D

Or maybe Thuram was just off-form :down:

Well, it's not good news when your best defender is rated the worst player of the game :(

- ok, so I'm bias, but Thuram really rawks. :cool:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    He is fine but he still has to regain 100% match fitness. I think by the end of the month he will play at least as a substitute.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    Ratings of italian newspapers:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 5.5, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero7 , Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 5.5, Camoranesi 6, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7, Di Vaio sv.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6.5, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6, Davids 5.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 5, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6.5, Camoranesi 5, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio 5.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)