SERIE A: Chievo - Juventus (4 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
:LOL: It seems that we still don't know if dp sucked or was the best :rolleyes:

Guys, i gotta go.. tomorrow i have school and i still have done my homework :eek: ...

Bye!
(and thanks for the commentary!!)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
Who do you think the MOM should be ??
i was thinking of that but im not really sure ill just say edgar davids because even though he sucked im glad that i saw him play :cheesy:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wow... the last 10 minutes i was very nervous, cuz kievo was attacking a lot.but juve had some chances on counter attack,, sadly they wasted them with some bas passes.

I htink that MOM could be Nedved, he was very active today...he gained some balls, did some good passes and seem very dangerous everytime. Sadly his best shoot hit the bar!.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
mission accomplished ....next stop Galatasaray @ Delle Alpi

good match, trez and camo regaining their form and good match for neddy and DP....and what a nice save by buffon.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Did you Guys see how the Fans reacted when Del Piero was substituted, they cheered for him and started singing " Alessandro Del Piero Ole Ole " :touched:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #313
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
    :LOL: It seems that we still don't know if dp sucked or was the best :rolleyes:

Guys, i gotta go.. tomorrow i have school and i still have done my homework :eek: ...

Bye!
    (and thanks for the commentary!!)
    If someone said that DP sucked they are out of their minds! Alex played a very good game. His dribbling was classy and effective, his passing was good, his lay offs and flicks were useful and he was unlucky not to get on the score sheet. I would give him 7.5/10 for his performance.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #314
    ++ [ originally posted by Jussi ] ++
    I think zambrotta is definately the MOM player.
    Yeah, the best players were Zambrotta, Nedved and Del Piero. Trezeguet woke up in the second half and Camo was good, but neither were as effective as the three I named.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    NO one have said that del peiro sucked. He was ok. Not hois best match but he did fairly well. Nothing to crtiticize.

Nedved and zambrotta were the best.

In the first half, ill not blame trezeguet, because like the commentarists saud, the ball almost never reached him. Just a few very difficult imes, because Chievo was with a lot of defenders in the area.

But Trezeguet used the best chance that he had, so that deserve a credit too.

Legrotagglie´s header was very good, but he was unmarked.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #318
    BUFFON: Didn't have much to do in the first half besides try to save a penalty which was near impossible. In the second half however, Gigi made some top-class saves and I don't think we would have won without him. 7.5

THURAM: Looked a bit vulnerable in the first half but was much better in the second period as he linked up well with Camoranesi and Appiah. Not bad from Lilian, but he can do better. 6.5

LEGROTTAGLIE: Was solid both in the air and on the ground although the pace of Sculli, Santana and co caused problems for him early on. A vital goal and a confident second half performance from Legro. 7

MONTERO: Was average IMHO. Montero needs to be more consistent as he was solid at times but was easily beaten at other times. Not as good as Legrottaglie on his current form. 6

ZAMBROTTA: Put in another magnificent performance. Was competent in defence and brilliant going forward. His work rate and effort is nothing short of world-class. Zambro, you are my MOTM. 8

CAMORANESI: Started very well IMO. Camo made some nice runs and passes and caused problems for the Chievo left wing back all night long. I wouldn't have subbed him, but oh well. 7

TACCHINARDI: Was solid once again. His distribution was good and so was his tackling. He and Appiah controlled the midfield well in the latter stages of the first half and in the second half. 7

APPIAH: Very similar performance to Tacchi's, maybe a bit better. Was good in the middle and on the right hand side. 7

NEDVED: Was one of the best players on the pitch. The Czech international worked and worked and worked and was tremendously unlucky not to score as he hit the woodwork. 8

DEL PIERO: Another classy performance from Alex. He held up the ball well, laid it off well, passed it well and dribbled well. Unlucky not to score. 7.5

TREZEGUET: A very quiet first half, but he improved in the second. Could've scored more than once, but did his job nevertheless. 7

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I have to say I am very astonished to read some of the stuff on here, its either my eyes are deceiving me or the way i look at football is different from most of you

For me Juventus were very good today and if not that Chievo and the referee kept on breaking the play and disturbing our rhythm then we would have won more comfortably

I liked the pass and movement and the individual skills

How anyone can say Nedved was Mom is way beyond me, for the first 80 minutes , the best thing he did was his off the ball running as he kept on giving the ball away but since its Nedved , noone sees that , they are all waiting for either Dp or Trez to screw up so they can come on here and talk trash

Buffon did not have a lot to do but pulled of a magnificent saves, coulld have been more commanding on crosses but in the end was comfy 7

Thuram was probably the poorest Juve player today as he was below average 6

Montero started shakily but grew and was commanding in the end 7

Leggro great header for the goal, and quick in the defence but probably takes one touch too many in defence 7

Zambrotta another good performance and just keeps being consistently high 7

Camo his best performance in a very long time as he took ppl on beat them for skill and was very unlucky to be taken off, and i was very impressed 8

Tacchinardi typical solid and useful performance 7

Appiah anothe rimpressive display and did all thats required from a busy midfileder , he is a real capture 7.5

Del Piero another classy display, touches to open up spaces for team mates, took on opposition for fun, yes he gave the ball away sometimes but thats not the point, if you cannot appreciate talent when you see one, then its your loss really 8.5

Trezeguet did nothing at all in the first half but after his goal played a lot better and I hope his injury is not serious as he is vital to our cause 7

Nedved the darling of everyone can run for 5 years without stopping but his final ball sometimes is poor and mostly in this game it was, if not for the exta effort he put in the last 10 minutes of the game, id have given him a lot less 6.5

Di Vaio didnt do anything of note apart from going offside 5

Davids the fans and myself were happy to see him come on and of cos he didnt disappoint with his collecting yellow card, not bad for a player who has just played 2 matches this season, well 30 minutes really , 3 yellow cards but I still love my man 5.5

Birindelli didnt really do anything of note 5

I would have prefered for Lippi to have brought on Maresca instead of Birindelli but we did play well and I cannot wait for Roma next week

Keep it coming I love it

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I still saw a good nedved game. he was not like a headless chicken, he recovered some balls, did some passes, hitted the post. Im not saying that he was a magician in the field, but he was in almost all the plays and attacks, so that is what count for me ok ;)

Thuram was shaky, that sanatana was doing a mess of him.

Like you, i saw a good performance form trezeguet, because he lmos never touched the ball in the whole game, and when he did, he create trouble.

In all you other points i agree.

Davids was very good too. That fault was stupid, but he gained some balls in the fiel and did very good in the few minutes he was in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)