SERIE A: Chievo - Juventus (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Why? He can't touch Del Piero's place as the captain is on fire at the moment and although Trezeguet's performances have been disappointing he's scoring goals so Lippi won't drop him. Until Di Vaio proves that he is just as good as or better than DP or Trez then he'll have to settle for a place on the bench.
Exactly. Every player has his ups and downs, and DV has to impress in his sub. appearances to get a chance. Until then, Trez and DP are on fire. At this rate, Gala should be simple :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Why? He can't touch Del Piero's place as the captain is on fire at the moment and although Trezeguet's performances have been disappointing he's scoring goals so Lippi won't drop him. Until Di Vaio proves that he is just as good as or better than DP or Trez then he'll have to settle for a place on the bench.
yeah, he can't touch both dp and trez. but I guess it won't hurt to rest one of them sometimes.I think it is hard to prove he is better or as good as dp by playing as sub.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Not alot to say about this match that hasnt already been said. We got the job done, plain and simple !!

I was happy to see Davids in there, but, like Lippi has said, he did look a little off form. Could it be from a lack of playing ???!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Davids did an acceptable job IMO.

what i still dont like from him are his horrid and stupid fouls.
This guy never learns

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #386
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++

yeah, he can't touch both dp and trez. but I guess it won't hurt to rest one of them sometimes.I think it is hard to prove he is better or as good as dp by playing as sub.
    It's too early to be talking about resting players from the beginning of matches. It would have been stupid to start with anything but your best line-up in the first game of the season and the Chievo match was a very tough one.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Nothing more to add to the discussion if not that I was very happy 4 the standing ovation recived by Edgar when he enter the field: fans support is always the best thing to get over difficolt moments :)

Here the ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 5.5, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero7 , Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 5.5, Camoranesi 6, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7, Di Vaio sv.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 7.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6.5, Appiah 6, Camoranesi 6, Davids 5.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Davids sv, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio sv.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 5, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 6.5, Zambrotta 6, Tacchinardi 6, Appiah 6.5, Camoranesi 5, Davids 6, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero 6.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5, Di Vaio 5.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)