[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (52 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I know, I was just teasing a Pepe fanboy :D

I was defending Pepe since last season, I always believed he's a good squad player and deserves to take part in this team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Clearly it's not wise to play one-striker formation against small teams, when we have guys who can make difference up front.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We need someone like Elia who can do more than put in a cross, someone to split three defense to create space. Matri needs to start.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We didn't play badly, but with this formation we simply aren't dangerous upfront. We'll controll the play, because we pack the midfield with good passers and physical presence (lots of bodies + upcoming fullbacks), but we'll never score. We lack punch upfront with the single striker. The 4-1-4-1 works in big games, where we need to cancel the opponents moves to get control in the midfield. In games like this though we are handed the initiative anyway. We will win the midfield battle at the cost of finding space upfront.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
2 points lost, but both the result & the performance don't really bother me much. These kind of games can and will happen.
Props to Chievo as well, they did an amazing job as far as I'm concerned, resulting in both teams canceling each other out. They could have even snatched the win, but the ref was on our side at the right times.

Buffon 6 - Mostly a spectator.
Chiellini 6,5 - Excellent at times, too many risks at other times.
Bonucci 6 - Thought he had an absolutely excellent first half hour. Went downhill afterwards, still far from bad though.
Barzagli 6,5 - Not his best game, but still good.
Lichtsteiner 6 - Decent.
Pirlo 5,5 - Is supposed to make life easier for his teammates but did the exact opposite quite often. Lost count of how many times he slowed the play down for no reason at all. We're lucky the ref was a fan of his.
Vidal 6 - All over the place. Which was both positive & negative. Seems like he needs to think a bit more.
Marchisio 6,5 - Quite good & dangerous. Him coming off was always going to make it more difficult for us.
Pepe 6 - Great at times, ridiculous at other times.
Krasic 4 - Frustrating & sad to watch since he doesn't add anything. Doesn't look like he has given up just yet though.
Vucinic 5,5 - Can't fault his workrate, but not a good game from him.

Giaccherini 6 - Decent, a few sparks.
Del Piero 6 - Decent enough, inexplicable miss.
Estigaribbia -

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We didn't play badly, but with this formation we simply aren't dangerous upfront. We'll controll the play, because we pack the midfield with good passers and physical presence (lots of bodies + upcoming fullbacks), but we'll never score. We lack punch upfront with the single striker. The 4-1-4-1 works in big games, where we need to cancel the opponents moves to get control in the midfield. In games like this though we are handed the initiative anyway. We will win the midfield battle at the cost of finding space upfront.
Save the speech :agree:

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Buffon 6
Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli 7
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 6.5
Krasić 4
Marchisio 6.5
Vidal 6
Pirlo 5.5
Pepe 6
Vučinić 5.5
Del Piero 6
Giac 6
Esti /

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Wow, this is so Milan style, just saw your post. Calling our Captain Grandpa defines what type of fan you are.

Go hit the Milan/Inter forums.
Wow people actually blame a player for getting unlucky. It hit the fuckin woodwork idiot, no one is insured against that.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
Ratings from Gazzetta dello Sport.

Buffon 5,5
Lichtsteiner 6
Barzagli 6,5
Bonucci 6
Chiellini 5,5
Marchisio 6,5
Pirlo 6
Vidal 6
Pepe 6,5
Krasic 4,5
Vucinic 5,5

Giaccherini 6
Del Piero 6,5

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
6.5 for Dp from GDS? But but but he hit the woodwork instead of scoring a header, 2points dropped because of him. :cry:

Fucking Tuttosport, GDS, CDS, SKY etc don't know as much as Zacheryah the brain. Biased newspapers :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)