[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (5 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I just think he gets marked out of the game too easily. Sure he could beat his midfielder marking him, but tactically all the LB has to do is kill the space. Krasic needs all the time in the world to get in a good cross.
Juve aren't letting him play in his most effective position. Most of the time he has to start narrower, so he isn't able to start running before he's closed down, which makes things much more difficult.

Get him the ball in this position, or a little deeper, and he'll still do damage:

At the moment that area of the pitch is too crowded for him to be effective, which is something I suggested would happen if Juve signed a fullback who would look to get high up the pitch.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, the left wing is certainly more open, as Chiellini doesn't get as high up and is more inclined to move inside a bit.

It would probably increase the chance of Krasic getting one-on-one with a defender.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm more interested in him getting crosses in.

His shooting isn't good enough that I would set up a plan around it.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Then we should start Matri along side Vucinic, having only one man upfront and launching crosses in, just gives possession away cheaply.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Unless Juve are suddenly going to greatly improve their movement in the final third, I think they need to go back to playing 4-4-2 and taking the risk of leaving the game slighly more open.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Had to be the best defensive display I've seen in a long while for our team....however, we can't play with one forward and expect to score goals on a regular basis.

Conte needs to have 2 strikers on from the beginning, and if we manage to get a lead, then we can pull out a forward in favor of a midfielder to solidify the team.

I agree that Krasic isn't getting in his best position to be effective, minor changes need to be made to get the best out of him

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Unless Juve are suddenly going to greatly improve their movement in the final third, I think they need to go back to playing 4-4-2 and taking the risk of leaving the game slighly more open.
I agree. Against smaller teams like Chievo that are just going to sit back we never have enough players forward to break them down.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Juve aren't letting him play in his most effective position. Most of the time he has to start narrower, so he isn't able to start running before he's closed down, which makes things much more difficult.

Get him the ball in this position, or a little deeper, and he'll still do damage:

At the moment that area of the pitch is too crowded for him to be effective, which is something I suggested would happen if Juve signed a fullback who would look to get high up the pitch.

0:28 Del Neri :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)