[Serie A] Catania - Juve, May 2nd, 2010 (1 Viewer)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Ratings:

Buffon: Did well in preserving a point for us. 7.5
Zebina: Rubbish. 2
Cannavaro: an ok game. One of our better players today 6
Chiellini: Looked shaky too often. 5.5
De Cegli: Lots of running with some Ok crosses. Defensively he was lost. 5.5
Marchisio: Along side Buffon, the only player worth respecting today. Played his heart out and scored with a solo effort RESPECT. 7.5
Poulsen: Kept it too simple. I am sure he was following Zac's orders. He is a proof of our poor form. When you think, oh ok Poulsen was alright today, then you know that the team really sucked. 6
Melo: Absolutely horrible first half, slightly better second half (in comparison). Poor passer. Plays with ALOT of frustration. 4
Diego: One of his worst games today. Didn't run enough and did not find proper positioning for himself. 4
Del Piero: His worst performance of the season. The only good thing about his performance today is that he tried to position himself. But thats not good enough, especially when your name is Alessandro Del Piero. Did not even score an extremely easy chance that could have put the team on a better place (No rating out of curtsy and respect to this legend).
Iaquinta: Losts of running and trying but no actual danger. Missed an easy chance early on. 5

Amauri: Did he even play today? We were literally playing with 10 men in the second half. Del Piero had to come out, but honestly after Amauri's lack of presence I am thinking we should have taken our chances with Del Piero in the field. 3

Brazzo: I don't have anything to say. 4

Candreva: very very late sub. N/A

Zac: A retarded idiot would have known by now that the 3 men midfield must consist of 1 CM, 1 DM and 1 AM OR 1 DM and 2 CM. He is still playing 2 DMs and 1 CM OR 3 DMs. He kept on Melo although he should have come out in half time. He kept Candreva on the bench till the last 7 min. And I am 100% sure he is happy with did not lose today. Horrible Tactics and strategies. Bad positioning. NO MOVEMENT ON THE FIELD ..etc all are his duties. - 10
Spot on!..

But Poulsen was better then just OK imo..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Same here. First time in ages, I was away from home and didn't even bother to check the score of Juve's game untill I got back.
Same here. I got 2 SMS and that was all. If I didn't hear the sms beep I wouldn't have even bothered to check.

Even if we won here the 4th place was gonna be lost considering Palermo and Sampdoria play each other next week. I was well prepared for what happened today (officially missing out on the 4th place) so I took it without any frustration at all. I only replied back to the 2nd sms with "shit", and that was all :D

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
intertoto is history cron...but i get your point... the most painfull thing is that i can't watch any of juve matches with pleasure, with joy

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #152
    For this amazing form he's been producing in recent weeks.
    2 weeks wipe all the bad performances?

He's not a player for this Juve and he was bad this season as the 90% of the team. He was not any better. The only thing he's good at is using his cloak of invisibility during the matches, he always goes unnoticed.

New coach might make the chances and fit him in but he shouldn't be kept in a Juve that plays like this.

May 22, 2007
    2 weeks wipe all the bad performances?

He's not a player for this Juve and he was bad this season as the 90% of the team. He was not any better. The only thing he's good at is using his cloak of invisibility during the matches, he always goes unnoticed.

New coach might make the chances and fit him in but he shouldn't be kept in a Juve that plays like this.
    I don't know when he suddenly turned into this amazing player who is the answer to our regista problems either. He just doesn't look like an idiot next to Melo and Sissoko, what a compliment.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    Poulsen was behind the assist for Marchisio's goal and created 2-3 clear cut chances for both Alex and IQ, yet both of them blew those in the winds. While he ran all over the pitch and covered for Melo's idiotic passes. He was class today and anyone denying that is clearly biased.
    Class? I doubt. He was one of our better players ofcourse. BUT Poulsen's performance throughout the last 2 years hasn't changed. The rest of the players on the other hand did. Thats why Poulsen seems more appealing. It goes both ways as a complement to Poulsen for not become worse and an insult for the rest of the players.
    Yet choosing between Poulsen, Sissoko and Melo, I have stated many times, Poulsen is a better passer.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Class? I doubt. He was one of our better players ofcourse. BUT Poulsen's performance throughout the last 2 years hasn't changed. The rest of the players on the other hand did. Thats why Poulsen seems more appealing. It goes both ways as a complement to Poulsen for not become worse and an insult for the rest of the players.
    Yet choosing between Poulsen, Sissoko and Melo, I have stated many times, Poulsen is a better passer.
    Don't try to run from the main debate :p

I was arguing you about this match and how you gave him a bloody 6 out of 10 mark and claimed he was poor or average, I can't remember now :D

As for the rest I agree and he was in fact "class" today that is.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Our whole approach going forward is just wrong. We can't even construct anything close to an attack right now and with only one capable passer in your midfield how could you? Yesterday I saw a team that was able to keep possession for the most part but could do absolutely nothing with it. You would think that after the 20th long ball that you would learn it does nothing. Diego couldn't even spread the ball because our left and right side lacked any passing quality. De Ceglie was screwing up just about every cross and Zebina was also rubbish down the right. We fielded 3 defensive mids which adds just about nothing to our attacks. All three are good in their own right but fielded together in a 3 man midfield don't expect to construct anything creative out of it.

I don't care if Poulsen used to be crap the man worked hard because he wanted to play for Juve and its bearing fruit so good on him, I'm all for keeping him AND Melo who has potential under a good manager.

Its going to take a very long time to rebuild from this. There are about 10 players in our squad I'm sure I want to get rid of. If we have 80 million euros Secco's approach in the mercato will have to be to buy 2 or 3 world class players only. I would much prefer that then buy 6 mediocre players because we have so many positions to cover.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
    So my understanding is because Roma/Inter are in the copa italia final (automatic Europe Qualification) if we finishh 7th we still qualify for the Europa League???

Can anyone confirm this?

PS Marchisio is going to be a great player with some better players around him!!!

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
    Mar 3, 2009
    It is no surprise that when we played:

1 DM, 1 CM, 1 Winger and 1 AM we won
    But when we played
    2 DM, 1 CM and 1 AM we lost.

With the first option we barely have movement, with the second one we are dead. Look at our goal, pure inspiration from Marchisio. A pure solo performance and effort.
    PIN Point :thumbs:
    You must be New Coach! My friend ;)

we have onlt 2 great matches!
    Let's look This match's Midfields:
    1) Juventus 5 - 1 Sampdoria
    Tactic: 4-5-1
    Sissoko
    Melo
    Camoranesi
    Giovinco
    Subs:
    Poulsen (53')
    De Ceglie (66')
    2)Atalanta 2 - 5 Juventus 5
    Tactic: 4-5-1
    Paulsen
    Melo
    Camoranesi
    Giovinco
    Giovinco
    Subs:
    De Ceglie (73')

This year's our best Tactic was :

4-5-1 :scarf:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)