[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (5 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Now that Zanetti is out for the rest of the season.

Tiago-Sissoko Probably our best option.

Marchisio-Sissoko Of course not.

Tiago - Marchisio would work I guess

Poulsen - Tiago Lot of creativity but risky defensively

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Now that Zanetti is out for the rest of the season.

Tiago-Sissoko Probably our best option.

Marchisio-Sissoko Of course not.

Tiago - Marchisio would work I guess

Poulsen - Tiago Lot of creativity but risky defensively
Poulsen - Tiago could work against a not so physical team.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Buffon 7 Saviour
Grygera 5 Poor
Mellberg 5 Eratic
Legrottaglie 5 Generous
Molinaro 5 Helpless
Camoranesi 6.5 Refreshing
(Marchionni 5.5 uninspiring)
Sissoko 5 Frustrating
Tiago 6 Sensible
(Poulsen saviour)
Nedved 6 Complementary
Iaquinta :lol:
Amauri 7 Relentless

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can't belive folk are complaining about that game.

Ranieri picked a good starting team and we took the lead early.

Iaquinta does something stupid (he should be heavily fined) and it totally changes the game.

We are then up against it and the players put an incredible amount of effort to compete despite being a man short.

To win a game despite being a man short (and having played 120 minutes in midweek) needs luck, and we got that.

You cannot blame Ranieri for not being more adventurous, because it is almost impossible to try and take control of a game when a man short.

Personally, I would have brought Del Piero or Giovinco on for Nedved, but other than that Ranieri did fine.

Buffon and Amauri were outstanding. Camoranesi, Nedved, Tiago and Sissoko deserve honorable mentions too.

You people don't seem to appreciate how difficult it is to play with 10 men for that much of a game.

It would not have been easy to win with 11 players, so to do it with 10 is absolutely fantastic.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You cannot blame Ranieri for not being more adventurous, because it is almost impossible to try and take control of a game when a man short.

Personally, I would have brought Del Piero or Giovinco on for Nedved, but other than that Ranieri did fine.

Buffon and Amauri were outstanding. Camoranesi, Nedved, Tiago and Sissoko deserve honorable mentions too.

You people don't seem to appreciate how difficult it is to play with 10 men for that much of a game.

It would not have been easy to win with 11 players, so to do it with 10 is absolutely fantastic.
Sure we can blame him. He receives praise when he's doing good, but there's no way he should receive any praise for today's victory.

Since we had nothing to loose and again 1 point wouldn't change nothing, seriously, wouldn't put us ahead nor backwards, not risking and keeping Giovinco and Del Piero on the bench when we needed to attack and win was a stupid thing.

There's no way you can defend Ranieri I'm afraid. Not for this game mate.

And personally, I'm the type of guy appreciates too many thing, but I just couldn't swallow it today.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sure we can blame him. He receives praise when he's doing good, but there's no way he should receive any praise for today's victory.

Since we had nothing to loose and again 1 point wouldn't change nothing, seriously, wouldn't put us ahead nor backwards, not risking and keeping Giovinco and Del Piero on the bench when we needed to attack and win was a stupid thing.

There's no way you can defend Ranieri I'm afraid. Not for this game mate.

And personally, I'm the type of guy appreciates too many thing, but I just couldn't swallow it today.
I'm not going to praise him for his actions, but, at the same time, I don't think he deserves criticism for the way he handled this game.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Anyway, I'm getting over it since we won the game but a shame he wanted to defend his 1-1.

Off from this thread to the Sampdoria game.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
the referee was a joke today. ..
The ref was not a joke today, the ref had an ok game, you seem to forget that they had a blatant penalty not given for Marchionni's handball, had the ref been perfect we would have lost today

Ranieri certainly picked a very good team, just unfortunate Iaquinta was sent off by the idiotic ref
Put the idiotic infront of iaquinta and then your statement is true. There was no excuse for his actions and the ref had no choice, his stupid attempt at a slide tackle was a yellow card offence and he foolishly took his shirt off to celebrate the goal

Talking about the players rather than the officials Amauri was certainly MOTM, he played with no support for 80 mins and did not give up, his persistance allowed us to get the winner, great contribution from him.

Buffon was also outstanding, and that, unfortuantely, says something about our defence considering we were playing catania.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it was the 1st bad tackle by Iaquinta, and a good ref always give the offending player a stern word instead of a yellow

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was surprised that Iaquinta was sent off, because refs usually give that one 'free' foul.

However, you can't argue that, by the book, Iaquinta was rightly sent off.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
funny how some people here say "i give ranieri praise, when it's due" and still only find critical words ...

how can we blame the unmotivated lacklustre displays by some players on ranieri on one game, but not praise him, when the players fight with good spirit against an opponent that has one more player on the other game?

but you know who said this.... ha ha ha ... the one that told ranieri should have took off an defender to player with 3 defenders just to bring a more offensive player .... ha ha ha

glad that this person is not our coach, because then we would be really the laughing stock of the league ... repeat that "change to a three man defense", when we get totally owned ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)