[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (2 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Can anyone tell me how we played yesterday?? I was out from football for some time now.
Horrible performance, but we have been worse in other matches. I suggest you refrain from watching Juve for some time. It's very dangerous for your sanity, and makes you prone to sudden panic attacks.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You need to realise that after our relegation, we lost a lot of key players, and they will take time to be replaced. Yes Grygera and Molinaro are not world-class, but how many are there in the world? For Molinaro's position, I only rate Evra as truly better than him. Grygera is probably brought in as an utility player because he can play CB and RB. Zebina is supposed to be first-choice. Again, world-class right backs do not cost less than 30 million. Marchionni is a sub and should be treated as such. The injury situation is clearly the main culprit here. Most teams suffer when their influential player is out. Liverpool without Torres and Alonso looks devoid of ideas; Chelsea leaks goals when either Carvalho or Terry is not playing; Inter plays badly when Ibrahimovic is not available. We do not have Camoranesi for most of the season; Chiellini is not always present, as is Buffon. If we do not have the likes of Mellberg, Grygera, Sali, Marchionni, we will be playing with youth-team players, which most of you certainly has no faith in.

If we are to buy only the best in the world, we will need 200 million:
Diego-30 million
Zapata-30 million
Ribery-50 million
Suitable Nedved replacement-25 million
Evra-not for sale
Daniel Alves/Sagna- 30+ million

Clearly, the amount we have to spend will be obscene. Considering the injury crisis, I will not rule out injuries to these buys as well, which means that we will still need the Marchionnis and Grygeras. Not to mention that if we do not have Amauri, then an injury to Del Piero means that we do not have a creative striker. This is why Ranieri was brought in. He may have won no major trophies, but he knows how to build a team and is good with young players which is what we have. We have basically covered all our bases with regards to reserves and we can start building up on the first-team.

Ranieri's gameplan is clearly not about possession but about making the most damaging moves. You certainly noticed how deadly the team is once a chance presents itself. There is no need to play like Liverpool or Arsenal. Heck, Liverpool with all their possession looks even more boring than Juventus because they are passing around with no real purpose. We play counter-attacking style and direct football, which means that we will lose possession often because of the poor technical abilities of some players. However, we always manage to conjure up chances, which means that the system works.
Are we watching the same Juve? Deadly? Chances? Counterattacking? I believe these have been few and far between since the turn of the year. We are very slow in creating and building opportunities, or would you actually argue that we are able to quickly and effectiely transform defence into attack? In that case, I must say that you are delusional my friend.

I do realize that the team is in a rebuilding phase, but we could have done so much better with the money we had at our disposal. Regarding your comment on Ranieri being a good team builder and utilizing youngsters, can you tell me how many times has he utilized our youngsters without being forced to do so? Marchisio has been used simply because of the injuries to our central midfielders; the fact that he managed to cement his place in the team is down to his willpower, determination, and ability to impose himself, as he was given ample chances. Had it not been for those injuries, I am almost certain that Ranieri would have not used him as frequently, if at all. What bout Giovinco and De Ceglie? Are you telling me Ranieri has been fair to them, especially Giovinco, who has had to endure grandpa Nedved on crutches playing ahead of him almost every single game? Ranieri is an arrogant prick, and a stupid and rigid coach at that. If he is not a winner, why bring him in in the first place? This goes against the winning DNA of Juventus. If we are not going to win anything under him, then why is he coaching us? His history speaks for itself. A couple of mickey mouse cups here and there don't make him a good manager, which he certainly isn't.

As for Grygera and Marchionni being able reserves, I am sorry to inform you that as Juventus we can do much better, even when it comes to reserves. We shouldn't justify their appaling performances and clear lack of quality by stating that they are mere reserves. If Camoranesi is a tier 1 player, his replacement should not be a tier 3 or tier 4 individual. The same applies to Grygera. How many right backs in the league are better than him? Look more carefully, and you will understand the big picture and comprehend what I am trying to get at.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
You need to realise that after our relegation, we lost a lot of key players, and they will take time to be replaced. Yes Grygera and Molinaro are not world-class, but how many are there in the world? For Molinaro's position, I only rate Evra as truly better than him. Grygera is probably brought in as an utility player because he can play CB and RB. Zebina is supposed to be first-choice. Again, world-class right backs do not cost less than 30 million. Marchionni is a sub and should be treated as such. The injury situation is clearly the main culprit here. Most teams suffer when their influential player is out. Liverpool without Torres and Alonso looks devoid of ideas; Chelsea leaks goals when either Carvalho or Terry is not playing; Inter plays badly when Ibrahimovic is not available. We do not have Camoranesi for most of the season; Chiellini is not always present, as is Buffon. If we do not have the likes of Mellberg, Grygera, Sali, Marchionni, we will be playing with youth-team players, which most of you certainly has no faith in.

If we are to buy only the best in the world, we will need 200 million:
Diego-30 million
Zapata-30 million
Ribery-50 million
Suitable Nedved replacement-25 million
Evra-not for sale
Daniel Alves/Sagna- 30+ million

Clearly, the amount we have to spend will be obscene. Considering the injury crisis, I will not rule out injuries to these buys as well, which means that we will still need the Marchionnis and Grygeras. Not to mention that if we do not have Amauri, then an injury to Del Piero means that we do not have a creative striker. This is why Ranieri was brought in. He may have won no major trophies, but he knows how to build a team and is good with young players which is what we have. We have basically covered all our bases with regards to reserves and we can start building up on the first-team.

Ranieri's gameplan is clearly not about possession but about making the most damaging moves. You certainly noticed how deadly the team is once a chance presents itself. There is no need to play like Liverpool or Arsenal. Heck, Liverpool with all their possession looks even more boring than Juventus because they are passing around with no real purpose. We play counter-attacking style and direct football, which means that we will lose possession often because of the poor technical abilities of some players. However, we always manage to conjure up chances, which means that the system works.

If we buy Ribery that´s more then enought to replace Nedved so no need for Diego,Ribery and a Nedved replacement..

Nedved is a great champion and we do love him, but he will not be hard to replace.. the last months he has played as mediocer player.. if we buy Diego and change our system as we did when Zidane leaved, that would be enought in my opinion.. now we change it back and play with Diego in a freerole.. and we can have Camo-Sissoko-Marchisio/Tiago/Poulsen/ Zanetti behind him..

That would be a very good midfield.. with some luck that Camoranesi and our keyplayers are without all injuries then we would be a contender for the scudetto with no doubt.

You Said another thing.. we need a worldclass fullback! Yes I agree but that we must pay 30+million euros to get one no no..

We need a good sportingdirector who can buy players as Sagna( as you said is WC) Arsenal paid 11 million euros to get him.. We can also buy a player like that.. the difference is that Arsenal has Wenger and better scouts then us... and of course a better sportdirector.

Ofcourse we can do a good mercato in summer and that makes us a real threat for the scudetto

Many ways to get a good team if we buy right in the summer..

This is my idea.

Diego 30 million euros

Zapata 14 million euros and Palladino and some 50% of some youngsters( to be said i think we could get him for less then 14 million euros if we give them some players)

And we need a RB, here we must gamble and trust our scouts.. Eboue is free could be a solution or we try to buy some talented player from south america.Zuniga has shown potensial in Siena we can easily get him because our relation with Siena.

And ofcourse we sell some player.. 44 million euros to invest is alright with thoughts that we sell players for atleast 14 million euros..

Buffon

Eboue Zapata Chiellini Molinaro/De Ceglie/Criscito

Camoranesi Sissoko Marchisio/Tiago/Zanetti/Poulsen

Diego

Trez/Amauri Delpiero/Giovinco

Subs

Manninger, Grygera,Mellberg,Legro, Marchionni, Iaquinta and we have some players in the lineup wo will sit.

The only thin im not sure about is Eboue, but if we can make a good buy as Arsenal or Man Utd or Inter did when they bought Evra,Maicon,Sagna then we would have a killing defence.. They surely dind´t pay alot of money for them.. If Secco ( I doubt it) can do a good mercato then we are back.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Ranieri shows trust in the young players by not buying new players for their positions. Of course we don't expect them to be first-team regulars, otherwise, how will the likes of Tiago and Nedved feel?

Grygera did not perform to his standards, as is Marchionni. Grygera played for Ajax and was certainly not a crappy player. Marchionni was supposed to have a promising career before his injury and was brought in by the previous management anyway. They can certainly offer more than what they are showing now.

Feb 9, 2009
I wonder if our scouts have tv sets , or internet or i don't know what.There is plenty of talents in the sub 20 sudamericana to be traded for 14 coconuts ..r u kidding me? Why isn't anyone of our scouts on the phone with whoever the fuck has the football card of walter and co. before the 90 minutes of their game with venezuela are up? On the other end of the pitch ,we either clone 1 more chiellini or find a thuram-like four-wheel-drive turbo charged motherfucker because legro is getting slowwww....shshsh don't tell him that out of respect for the elderly.De Ceglie played like a man among boys versus milan (raping zambrotta) but he's not consistent. We need to look towards our own primaveras or overseas for fresh talent ..teams like barca and arsenal only give up their players when they are completely washed up and/or they know you wont be a threat to their objectives.I could really see Marchisio replace Nedved next year ,provided he packs up 15-25 lbs of muscle and maintains his hunger.Diego would be godsent ...more playing time for giovinco...Trez pairing with amauri (i want to see that work ) Diego likes the quick 1-2 and threading the needle ,making trez the favorite

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well said Omar! Thank you for your contribution to the forums!
Impressive, a new member with solid argumentation, square logic and a balanced opinion on the Juve matters!
Is he (Bianconero81) by any chances an older user returned from the dead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)