[Serie A] Catania 0-1 JUVENTUS (28th Oct 2012) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I agree. But they never got the chance to prove themselves over a period of multiple games. Take Quagliarella for example. He scores two, three goals and everyone is happy. Then he doesn't score in the following match and immediately is benched again. It appears to me that many problems arise because players cannot get used to each others style of play.
Here lies the real problem.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I agree. But they never got the chance to prove themselves over a period of multiple games. Take Quagliarella for example. He scores two, three goals and everyone is happy. Then he doesn't score in the following match and immediately is benched again. It appears to me that many problems arise because players cannot get used to each others style of play.
They've had plenty of time to prove themselves. Matri had the first half of last season to prove himself and he was benched because he didn't perform regularly.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Obviously we're not talking about last season. However, instead of Matri I would rather bring Giovinco, Quagliarella and Vucinic. At this moment definitely not Matri.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Thank you enzo. Nailed on the head and how.

A lot of people do not get the concept of continuity, and its importance for a player and team alike. We can blame our forwards all we want and say they're not good enough, but the primary reason for that is, that they are always on edge. And psychologically, it is the one position on the pitch that is as tangible as that of a goalkeeper. Where your performance is measured by the goals you score. But nobody realises the other important aspects of the player's mental makeup. How he is always worried about being subbed or making a mistake because he knows that he gets disjointed playing time to begin with. No forward, whether Vucnic, Matri or even a Van Persie can be effective under those circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

He was benched for Borriello because he was going through a 4 or 5 game slump iirc. I think that's fair enough.
Not at all. He had 10 goals before Borriello inexplicably benched him. There was nothing fair about that situation and you know it, because Bprriello himself was coming off an injury.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He might've had 10 goals, but he was not performing in the matches leading up to him being subbed. If you don't score for 4 games as a striker it's nothing but fair to be benched.

enzo

May 14, 2012
So what's the point in this post?
The point is, that we have seen different constellations of our attackers, but even though some turned out well, they have not been considered superior and got adapted. It's like we rotate to rotate, rather than to find a successful constellation/solution or to give somebody a break. Further, it's not as easy as that. Sometimes the team appears mediocre, and it's not necessarily the attacker's fault we don't score. It's hard to evaluate, but that's football.

To be concrete, Matri did not impress me at all this season, while Quagliarella did. So why not bring Quag and Vucinic for the next three games?

enzo

May 14, 2012
And Matri didn't score until the Milan (?) game? I'm just saying that it's perfectly excusable to bench a strike who hasn't been producing for 4-5 games.
Yeah, I agree. But Quagliarelly for example didn't even get the chance to play 4-5 games. He didn't score once and was benched again. I don't get this.

Reunis20

Oct 25, 2012
Hey guys,
can someone explain why conte still has so much faith in Matri. i mean COME ON?
i liked him when he first joined juventus but i think i would rather have quagiarella given as much opportunity as matri...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
And Matri didn't score until the Milan (?) game? I'm just saying that it's perfectly excusable to bench a strike who hasn't been producing for 4-5 games.
Matri scored a goal (winner) against Lecce and a double (with another winner) against Udinese in January before being inexplicably dropped for Borriello in February.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Vucinic is sure of a starting place whenever he's fit. It's just that Quag and Matri aren't.

We simply need better option than Matri and Quag. I have to say play one for 5 matches straight to gain some rhythm. Changing week in week out isn't helping us either.

Reunis20

Oct 25, 2012
Vucinic is sure of a starting place whenever he's fit. It's just that Quag and Matri aren't.

We simply need better option than Matri and Quag. I have to say play one for 5 matches straight to gain some rhythm. Changing week in week out isn't helping us either.
Then i would rather quags play more than matri... Matri loiks lost

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, I agree. But Quagliarelly for example didn't even get the chance to play 4-5 games. He didn't score once and was benched again. I don't get this.
He didn't get benched just because he didn't score. He looked very poor in his cameo, poor movement, poor touch poor everything.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
Buffon

Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini

Caceres Marchisio Pirlo Pogba De Ceglie

Bendtner Vucinic

That's the team that deserves to play the most imo, Giovinco unlucky to miss out but can either replace or be replaced by Vucinic at some point after just coming back from flu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)