[Serie A] Carpi 2-3 JUVENTUS (20th Dec 2015) (14 Viewers)

Carpi 2-3 Juve - 20th Dec 2015 - MoM

• Pogba

• Marchisio

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It is if you're playing a team with some attacking verve and not a team like Carpi.

Khedira didn't look match-fit vs Fiore.

Against Torino, he did very well, was back to his usual self from earlier this season. A player of different class than Sturaro.
Hmmhh, I do like like lichts passing and intelligence against qeak opponents, rather cuadrado as a sub to wreck them.

Khedira isnt matchfit, I agree. But he said "dont change what is good now"
He isnt good now. He has to return to beeing good

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I think that's what I would have said before this season began. But going on match day form and seeing how each WB has been suited to the given systems (3-5-2/4-3-1-2) there are only two standout performers for mine. I would have thought Cuadrado would be better against compact defenses with his dribbling too but he hasn't shown that to be the case. He's almost better with one less man to take on. After one step-over/ankle breaker the second marker will seldom fall for the same trick which seems to be his only available dribble.

I get what you're saying. Licht is more defensively inclined so he is better at RB. But Licht is a brainier WB with an engine that is suited to the role. He makes up for the lack of raw skill and explosiveness (though he's not as shabby one on one as many presume) with smart movement and tireless running. In the 3-5-2 we play the ball in behind from the back much more than with a back four and his runs are either a great option or a great decoy. He plays to the system better than Cuadrado and that's a big reason why he's better. Not to mention how he wears his opponent down with his physicality. He's got that grinta and character that Cuadrado hasn't yet shown. To add, on this season alone, Licht even looks better at crossing. Bizarre. Compared to our last real right-winger, Camoranesi, Cuadrado is unfortunately looking like a clumsy pussy but I hope he can turn it around.

And as for your theory on Allegri's reasons for WB pairings, Alex Sandro is definitely not lacking in the defensive department. Don't let his ability going forward fool you. He is a LB after all, not a winger/forward like Cuadrado. He's just as good as Evra in defense, who has been out paced by his opponent a few times this season, showing his age a bit. Licht and Alex Sandro are beginning to start all the biggest games because they're higher in the pecking order (like Dybala - Mandzukic at the moment).

Evra and Cuadrado though, still very decent options and I'm glad to have them.
From the last few games: Against Sevilla, after he came on, Cuadrado immediately created a great goal-scoring opportunity for Morata which Morata squandered. He scored a goal, gave an assist, had another shot, and made one good dribble vs Fiore. Licht provided no attacking output in the last few games.

I don't think Alex Sandro is lacking defensively at all. He's very good defensively. Individually, he's as good as Evra at the back. But collectively, Evra has an advantage because of his experience and because of the chemistry he shares with the rest of the backline.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmhh, I do like like lichts passing and intelligence against qeak opponents, rather cuadrado as a sub to wreck them.

Khedira isnt matchfit, I agree. But he said "dont change what is good now"
He isnt good now. He has to return to beeing good
But he was already good vs Torino.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
From the last few games: Against Sevilla, after he came on, Cuadrado immediately created a great goal-scoring opportunity for Morata which Morata squandered. He scored a goal, gave an assist, had another shot, and made one good dribble vs Fiore. Licht provided no attacking output in the last few games.
It's telling though isn't it, that he's most effective when coming on at the 60th, 70th minute? That's when he really plays his brand of direct football. Against Fiorentina he did some okay things (his goal was a misdirected pass by the way) but looking at his highlight reel from that game, still fluffed a lot of good opportunities to get forward or cross. Some situations which looked tailor made for a player like him he buggered up big time. It's against tired players where he can do the most damage. He's a great option for a 70th minute sub when we need a goal.

And there's a good explanation why. You'll notice that he mainly tries to dribble past his marker when he's standing planted to the ground. Then goes for the ankle breaker inside or down the line. That's a whole lot easier to get away with against a tired defender while a fresh defender can and does read him like a book. That's unfortunately how one-dimensional he is.

Lichtsteiner's contribution going forward is a lot more subtle. I'm not saying he gets in goal scoring/assisting positions every game he plays but everything he does is in sync with the team and to the teams benefit. As well as his smart moves in behind he knows exactly where to be and when to receive the pill, he can win it and he can keep it. And he can really get in the head of his opponents. All of this inadvertently contributes to the attack more than a failed dribble or blocked or wayward cross. And on the odd occasion where he can break free forward he generally does well. But he picks the right moments and doesn't lose the ball like Cuadrado does 10+ times a game. I don't need to harp on about why possession is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Player who will stand out ?
It's hard to see Dybala not being great.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It could be worse. You could be an NHL fan from Europe like me.
I feel ya!

Don't those games usually start around midnight for you? It's true, that's a lot of late nights to follow.

I actually don't mind getting up for our games -- other than these very rare 3:30am starts, where I usually just stay up. The 6:00am start occasionally has me cursing, but at least I can get those games out of the way before the NFL slate kicks off. :D

I need to spend less time following professional sports :sergio:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I feel ya!

Don't those games usually start around midnight for you? It's true, that's a lot of late nights to follow.

I actually don't mind getting up for our games -- other than these very rare 3:30am starts, where I usually just stay up. The 6:00am start occasionally has me cursing, but at least I can get those games out of the way before the NFL slate kicks off. :D

West coast is a pretty good location for watching sports. Never have to stay up too late like people out east. Occasional early Juve games are tough but there aren't that many of them. It seems most of our matches start at 11:45 this year.

Sports watching takes up a ton of time though. I'd be far more productive if I didn't watch so much.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I feel ya!

Most of the NHL gamescI want to watch start around 1-2am. Unfortunatly Im unable to watch at such hours since I started to work fulltime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)