[Serie A] Carpi 2-3 JUVENTUS (20th Dec 2015) (19 Viewers)

Carpi 2-3 Juve - 20th Dec 2015 - MoM

• Pogba

• Marchisio

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Him playing as a treq with mainly a free role doesnt mean he suddenly needs to stop scoring.
And is not like we do not have players who can score goals apart of him. Mandzukic, Morata and even Zaza have demonstrated that if they are in the area, they can score.

Dybala can easily transition and relocate himself from Treq to SS to whatever. He is not a fox in the box anyways. Ironically, most of his goals have been middle range shoots or plays which start outside the box.

UNlike pogba, he keeps thing simple and has an eye to locate his teammates.
Also this way we could field fromt ime to time the 3 of mandzukic Morata and Dybala.

Its definitely worth a shot, or at the very least soemthing we can think about

:tup:
:disagree:

Dybala wasn't even an SS before he came to Juve. He was a modern striker, most often leading the attacking line at both Palermo and Instituto. He's a poacher, and yes he is a total fox in the box. Most of his goals have been finishes inside the box. SS fits him perfectly as it allows him to play predominately in and around the box, but he is by no means a Treq and never will be.

@CrimsonianKing

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You're insane then.

Why do you want the top scorer of the team play a deeper role ?

He scores goals and I want him to be as closer to the goal as possible.

He should and will never play a tq role.He's a support striker and should continue to play as one because he gives you goals.He's more than decent in the box.
Listen to this man

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:disagree:

Dybala wasn't even an SS before he came to Juve. He was a modern striker, most often leading the attacking line at both Palermo and Instituto. He's a poacher, and yes he is a total fox in the box. Most of his goals have been finishes inside the box. SS fits him perfectly as it allows him to play predominately in and around the box, but he is by no means a Treq and never will be.

@CrimsonianKing
I really don't know why would anyone want our most effective scorer play deeper.It's absurd.All for the sake of playing Morata and Mandzukic/Zaza together.
By doing this,you not only imbalance the attack once again but also limit Dybala's strengths which is scoring.
With Morata and Mandzukic ahead of him, he'll have less room to get into the box more often as those two like to occupy the box themselves.
Dybala in his current role is the best fit.No two ways about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Empoli, Fiorentina, Milan, Roma, Lazio (Supercoppa).
In all these games, Dybala scored proper striker's goals.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I'd love to see him as a TQ. :agree:
if Morata was on form, i would give it a try in some "weak" games, just to see how it works. could be useful to know if he can play there sometime in the future

- - - Updated - - -

and if we werent 6 pts behind 1st place

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If I had my way Dybala would be our 9. But one, we don't have another SS and two, he's adapting well to his new role. Play him deeper? Nonsense.
:agree:

People seem to think he's a weak midget like Gio or something. He's 1.77m. Same height as Falcao, 4cm taller than Aguero. And he has a decent build. He's silky smooth moving around in the box and has a great poacher instinct, as well as being cool as ice with finishing. He's very much like Aguero in that firstly, he's a goalscorer, but he has the attributes to play SS off another CF and become a very capable assist man as well, same thing Aguero did at Atletico with Forlan, and same thing he occasionally did for ManCity with Dzeko.

People seem to think there's a height and musculature requirement to play the 9/CF today. It's simply not true.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But he is much better as SS, so we'll do that instead
And it obviously suits the make-up of our squad, seeing as we have 3 other forwards who have a much tougher time playing outside the No 9 role (although Morata also seems to have the requisite skill set to play almost any attacking position decently)... So we'll never know how good of an outright striker/no9 Dybala could have been. And I'm fine and dandy with that, because he looks like a superstar SS! :weee:

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Please no Dybala as a treq. Waste our most creative player by making him defend more? Make our top scorer defend more? I'm very against this idea. Likewise playing him as a winger so we could accommodate Berardi

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Please no Dybala as a treq. Waste our most creative player by making him defend more? Make our top scorer defend more? I'm very against this idea. Likewise playing him as a winger so we could accommodate Berardi
Remember the time when Milan fans wanted Cassano to play TQ just so they could see Ibra, Pato, Cassano all together ? It's the same here unfortunately.

It won't work.Like you said, he'd need to defend more, he'd need to take more responsibility in orchestrating play than getting into the box.It's a total waste imo.

Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Silva etc, you need these types, proper midfielders to play TQ, not forwards.

- - - Updated - - -

For me balance is more important and right now playing a front two with Dybala and Mandzukic/Morata is the best fit.
Even next summer, I wouldn't play Dybala and Berardi together with the CF if it means causing imbalance to the attack.I'm not a coach so lets see how Allegri will make that work.
I have had doubts about it from the beginning.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Remember the time when Milan fans wanted Cassano to play TQ just so they could see Ibra, Pato, Cassano all together ? It's the same here unfortunately.

It won't work.Like you said, he'd need to defend more, he'd need to take more responsibility in orchestrating play than getting into the box.It's a total waste imo.

Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Silva etc, you need these types, proper midfielders to play TQ, not forwards.

- - - Updated - - -

For me balance is more important and right now playing a front two with Dybala and Mandzukic/Morata is the best fit.
Even next summer, I wouldn't play Dybala and Berardi together with the CF if it means causing imbalance to the attack.I'm not a coach so lets see how Allegri will make that work.
I have had doubts about it from the beginning.
:agree:

Dybala isn't one of those crazy engine players who can run all game without tiring. Having him run around the midfield defending would definitely limit his ability to have an impact later in matches. He's not the paciest of forwards and relies on quick first step, and bursts of acceleration to create separation. I want him conserving his energy for such things, and even for his dribbling and close ball control which look better when he is fresh.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If you're a top team competing for everything possible, you should not be shoehorning talented players in to positions they do not want to be in and can not play as effectively in. Obviously if it's a temporary measure then fine. And the odd players that are insanely talented can serve their teams just as well in a different position. But generally, no. Our new expensive wonderkid should be playing exactly where he wants and needs to. And that's not behind 2 strikers putting in a shift.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)