[Serie A] Carpi 2-3 JUVENTUS (20th Dec 2015) (16 Viewers)

Carpi 2-3 Juve - 20th Dec 2015 - MoM

• Pogba

• Marchisio

• Mandzukic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Licht instead of Cuadrado would make it our best lineup.

EDIT: And Sandro instead of Evra. Are we giving them some rest or what?
Sorry mate but Cuadrado > Licht. Cuadrado offers more attacking wise. By the way, Evra is still class. At least in my opinion. Not saying Alex Sandro is inferior though.

- - - Updated - - -

it's funnier that his first name is Kevin

Kevin Lasagna :p what a name
In Serbian language, Kevin means mother's. :D Mother's Lasagna. :lol:

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
In terms of rest,

this team isn't playing until january 6th after this game. I say play your strongest team, finish the year on a high note and give the fans a proper ending on a splendid 2015. The 2 week lay-off is coming anyways so no point in resting players. The game is extremely important too given the legit chances of others dropping points.

Now if you say rest players to avoid injuries due to fatigue coming into the game that is a legit argument, other than that i say no.

enzo

May 14, 2012
Hmm, Evra vs. Sandro is an interesting duel, also regarding the games against Bayern in february. But tomorrow, I definitely would play Sandro, he still needs more play time.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Jebus, 3:30am start time, man do I hate these. Cue flashbacks of all nighters spent watching us draw against Chievo... fucking Pellissier! :sergio:

Obviously must win. We should be going full strength for this match, the lads can rest over the holiday.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Jebus, 3:30am start time, man do I hate these. Cue flashbacks of all nighters spent watching us draw against Chievo... fucking Pellissier! :sergio:

Obviously must win. We should be going full strength for this match, the lads can rest over the holiday.
It could be worse. You could be an NHL fan from Europe like me.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Marchisio Pogba A.Sandro
Dybala Mandzukic​

Wouldn't mind seeing Rugani and Zaza again though so that Rugani can get another game and we can further evaluate Zaza before the winter mercato.

But it'll be the above lineup with Evra in Alex Sandro's place. That's what GdS, CdS, Sky, and TS are all predicting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Sorry mate but Cuadrado > Licht. Cuadrado offers more attacking wise. By the way, Evra is still class. At least in my opinion. Not saying Alex Sandro is inferior though.
I respectfully disagree. Cuadrado is still looking pretty poor at what he used to do best. He should be doing what Alex Sandro has been doing - beating his man and putting in a dangerous cross. But he's still getting caught out far too often. It's mainly slow decision making IMO, slowing down the play when he should be playing to his strengths and running at his marker and trying to take on defenders when he should be slowing down play. His crosses always come too late and are rarely to the advantage of our forwards. And as for cutting in and shooting? FORGET ABAHHT EHHTT.

Lichtsteiner has never been touted as great going forward but he's shown for a long time how capable he is. In the 3-5-2 especially, he makes the smartest runs in behind (something I've never seen Cuadrado do this season). It was more effective when Pirlo was there to find him, but he's still managed to make that signature run a number of times this season, scoring an unreal volley against Munchen doing so.

Then there's Alex Sandro. He's not inferior to Evra, he's miles ahead. Evra is still a solid defensive option but after seeing Alex Sandro getting to his best there's no doubt that he is one of the worlds top full-backs. He's going to become an absolute star, fast. His dribbles and the link ups with Pogba are better than taking your socks off in bed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

Until Cuadrado gets his offensive game going, Licht > Cuadrado and it's not all that close. Licht is far more solid defensively, and offers his own ability to feed low crosses into the box, as shown by his 15 assists over the last 2 years.

And although Evra is a great dude, and a very good player, Alex Sandro adds so much more attacking threat, pace, athleticism, etc that he is clearly a step ahead at this point. Defensively they're both very solid.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Khedira Marchisio Pogba A.Sandro
Dybala Mandzukic​

Wouldn't mind seeing Rugani and Zaza again though so that Rugani can get another game and we can further evaluate Zaza before the winter mercato.

But it'll be the above lineup with Evra in Alex Sandro's place. That's what GdS, CdS, Sky, and TS are all predicting.
I'd like to see them both play as well considering the opposition and the momentum and confidence they'd be taking in to this match. Won't happen though. We need these points. All points are important but finishing the year with a big winning streak would give a big psychological boost to the fellas.

I hope Rugani will start to be rotated through the back three and give BBC a well deserved rest. They're undoubtedly Juve's biggest strength. Rugani seems a good back up but we want all of them as fit as possible come the pointy end of the season, hopefully in the latter stages of CL. Any attack in the world would be intimidated by that back three I reckon and they're the main thing that gives me any confidence that this side can beat anyone in Europe on their day.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Who's the better WB between Licht and Cuadrado depends on the opponent. Licht is better defensively, and Cuadrado is better on the ball and is a more attacking threat. When we play teams like Carpi, Cuadrado is the better choice. When we play against a team that is more of an attacking threat, Licht is the right choice.

It's not true that Cuadrado is completely useless with the ball now. He isn't in his brilliant dribbling form from the start of the season, but he still makes a few good plays per game.

But Allegri likes to pair an attacking WB with a more defensive one irrespective of the opponent. So, we'll continue to see Licht-A Sandro or Cuadrado-Evra.

In the 3-5-2 especially
Lichtsteiner is much better as a RB.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Who's the better WB between Licht and Cuadrado depends on the opponent. Licht is better defensively, and Cuadrado is better on the ball and is a more attacking threat. When we play teams like Carpi, Cuadrado is the better choice. When we play against a team that is more of an attacking threat, Licht is the right choice.

It's not true that Cuadrado is completely useless with the ball now. He isn't in his brilliant dribbling form from the start of the season, but he still makes a few good plays per game.

But Allegri likes to pair an attacking WB with a more defensive one irrespective of the opponent. So, we'll continue to see Licht-A Sandro or Cuadrado-Evra.

Sandro-licht is the superior wingback pair by quite a distance :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: Currently our best lineup. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.
Wat.gif

Khedira since his injury has been inferior to asamoah and sturaro.

Licht is MUCH better then cuadrado in 352

Sandro has been superior to evra

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

I think that's what I would have said before this season began. But going on match day form and seeing how each WB has been suited to the given systems (3-5-2/4-3-1-2) there are only two standout performers for mine. I would have thought Cuadrado would be better against compact defenses with his dribbling too but he hasn't shown that to be the case. He's almost better with one less man to take on. After one step-over/ankle breaker the second marker will seldom fall for the same trick which seems to be his only available dribble.

I get what you're saying. Licht is more defensively inclined so he is better at RB. But Licht is a brainier WB with an engine that is suited to the role. He makes up for the lack of raw skill and explosiveness (though he's not as shabby one on one as many presume) with smart movement and tireless running. In the 3-5-2 we play the ball in behind from the back much more than with a back four and his runs are either a great option or a great decoy. He plays to the system better than Cuadrado and that's a big reason why he's better. Not to mention how he wears his opponent down with his physicality. He's got that grinta and character that Cuadrado hasn't yet shown. To add, on this season alone, Licht even looks better at crossing. Bizarre. Compared to our last real right-winger, Camoranesi, Cuadrado is unfortunately looking like a clumsy pussy but I hope he can turn it around.

And as for your theory on Allegri's reasons for WB pairings, Alex Sandro is definitely not lacking in the defensive department. Don't let his ability going forward fool you. He is a LB after all, not a winger/forward like Cuadrado. He's just as good as Evra in defense, who has been out paced by his opponent a few times this season, showing his age a bit. Licht and Alex Sandro are beginning to start all the biggest games because they're higher in the pecking order (like Dybala - Mandzukic at the moment).

Evra and Cuadrado though, still very decent options and I'm glad to have them.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sandro-licht is the superior wingback pair by quite a distance :agree:
It is if you're playing a team with some attacking verve and not a team like Carpi.

Khedira since his injury has been inferior to asamoah and sturaro.
Khedira didn't look match-fit vs Fiore.

Against Torino, he did very well, was back to his usual self from earlier this season. A player of different class than Sturaro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)