[Serie A] Cagliari - Juventus (05/02/2011) (6 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Finally a win and it felt really good. Matri is some player and certainly what we missed. The big difference was made when del neri finally decided to get rid of his 4-4-2 and put Toni-Matri and DP up front. Great stuff for morale. Now its consistency.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
Finally a win and it felt really good. Matri is some player and certainly what we missed. The big difference was made when del neri finally decided to get rid of his 4-4-2 and put Toni-Matri and DP up front. Great stuff for morale. Now its consistency.
:agree: Props to Del Neri for changing the formation and making good subs. I understood the Sissoko move when he brought Toni in. I hope he does this well in all our remaining games!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Careful, you nearly said something positive then.
I planned to switch it off around the 70th minute. We were really bad and there was no improvement in our overall game. As expected, the only improvement is Amauri not being here, which is a welcomed fact and will bring us some points, but we're very far from top 4 in quality with the way we play and nothing else but top 4 satisfies me. With this kind of football that we play I can't count on series of good results. Until I see much better movement and organized defense, I won't be happy or hopeful.

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
Now I just want to see De Ceglie - Chiellini - Barzagli - Bonucci defence. I really believe it could be the best possible with no Motta, Grygera or Groso.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
:agree: Props to Del Neri for changing the formation and making good subs. I understood the Sissoko move when he brought Toni in. I hope he does this well in all our remaining games!
Yes its a shame though sissoko wasnt doing much but after the third goal even he was comfortable on the ball. Its what all the players need. We need wins and a family in the dressing room and who knows what can happen but nice to finally be able to sleep tonight!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I planned to switch it off around the 70th minute. We were really bad and there was no improvement in our overall game. As expected, the only improvement is Amauri not being here, which is a welcomed fact and will bring us some points, but we're very far from top 4 in quality with the way we play and nothing else but top 4 satisfies me. With this kind of football that we play I can't count on series of good results. Until I see much better movement and organized defense, I won't be happy or hopeful.
OK. It's exactly the sort of game I expect for now. If we had a few wins we'd play we'll, hopefully we'll get the chance to see that. Cagliari were off the back of 4 wins in 5, yet they are pathetic when they play us, so that's three opponents in a row who have played badly against us. But we'll still probably get no credit for that. Maybe we bring them down with our mediocrity? ;)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #373
    It felt like ages ago, no?

Matri - 2 goals
    Toni - 1 goal
    Barzagli - assist

January transfers did well for themselves.
    I hope they keep up the good work.

Scudetto here we come :eyebrows:
    It's only a matter of minutes until someone mentions it :lol2:

Rather bad performance against an awful opponent, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm taking it with the hope that if we don't fire DN we will at least get him some assistant who will tell him how to organize the defense.
    We actually played a very solid first half, we went to sleep in the second followed by chaos only for luck to save us back again, let's hope this boost of confidence puts us back on our feet.

my only complaint is that we slept in first 7 minutes of second half. the lack of focus our players show is worrying. otherwise great comeback
    After the sleep we sort of lost it by Del Neri's silly subs.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    i think other than the Sissoko sub, the rest were good. DN actually showed some balls by shifting to the 4-3-3 and keeping Aquilani. DP and Toni definitely made some difference. So please, go to the corner and stand like the sad statue you claim to be.
    don't get carried away by the win. del piero as the left forward of 4-3-3 is useless. this position needs speed. something that the captain doesn't have any more. additionally krasic out was totally wrong. we needed width. a tall striker like toni got in and we lost our width. totally wrong.

sometimes the moves of the coach should matter and not only the result. today we were lucky on many occasions but we won. we can either forget everything, celebrate and call each other names or comment on what we shaw and have in mind that we play inter next weekend.

today's game reminded me of a game where poulsen came in to defend the draw and suddenly scored and we won. this is not briliance, this is luck.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Toni was also responsible for the disallowed goal.
    You would be too if your marker pulled you to the ground and the ref whistled the play dead because of it.

We need to save the blame when it's deserved this time.

Wild celebration post by Vinman in 3, 2, 1, ...
    Are you kidding? I'm expecting lotsa hate!

Without Del Piero we lack leadership on the field. I've seen this all year happening..
    TBH, I have low confidence in DP's leadership on the pitch these days. He's been out there a lot with a team that doesn't look inspired to win. I can't really say that's making a difference for us to be fair.

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    You would be too if your marker pulled you to the ground and the ref whistled the play dead because of it.

We need to save the blame when it's deserved this time.

Are you kidding? I'm expecting lotsa hate!

TBH, I have low confidence in DP's leadership on the pitch these days. He's been out there a lot with a team that doesn't look inspired to win. I can't really say that's making a difference for us to be fair.
    I wasn't criticizing him, it was praise. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)